Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mjollnir, that's actually the eye of Ra and I was thinking about getting done on the back of my neck.

Comment

The Eye of Ra IS the Eye of Horus. They're the same thing.

Comment

It is an ascii graphics RPG rogue type game. It's been around for over a decade. It's the only game I really ever played.

Mjollnir is this really cool artifact weapon, a giant war hammer that when wielded strikes out lightning on your enemies. It is given to you by your God generally.

/end nerdiness

Comment

I'll take a symbiote, a few SGC insignias, a jaffa symbol for the Horus gaurds, and the SG1 team - when Jack was colonel.

...Uh - peel off, of course. Does that make me some kind of sissy?? Then sissy be I! Humph!
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
            Mjollnir, do you play nethack?
            Nethack or NetStorm?

Comment

I never really thought about getting a Stargate themed tat! I like it tho!

Personally, I have 4 dragon tattoos - 2 on my back, 1 on my right calf, & 1 on my left thigh. I'm having my spousal unit design another dragon for my right thigh.

Not sure what I would get along the lines of Stargate....have to think about that one, but it would definitely have to be something that no one else has. Something unique that would be difficult to have copied.
              "It's a blast door"

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                It is an ascii graphics RPG rogue type game. It's been around for over a decade. It's the only game I really ever played.

Mjollnir is this really cool artifact weapon, a giant war hammer that when wielded strikes out lightning on your enemies. It is given to you by your God generally.

/end nerdiness
                Oh...you havn't seen nerdiness yet.

Mjollnir is the name of Thor's Hammer...which is the weapon you described. That could also make a cool tattoo.

Comment

I've considered for a while now having the PoO put on the small of my back. But I can't seem to commit. I know it's not original, but I'm not big on having to be different.

And another thing, my spousal unit (good one Julez love it!) would be turned on by a tat and lord knows he doesn't need any more encouragement!!!

Comment

I really, really would like to get the PoO symbol on my lower back but I hate being like everyone else..:\

The only way I can get around this in my mind is that maybe we are all 'bound' to each other with are similar tattoos?

Try to convince/console me folks.

Comment

lol... well IF (and i stress the IF) i got a tatoo, i would get two: a word in ancient egyptian (either hieroglyphs or hieratic) and the earth symbol... or maybe just a big stargate! i do like the anubis jaffa tattoos though... but i'd never get it on my forehead!

but i hate needles so the point is really moot! lol... maybe if i go out drinking!

Comment

No, but I want one.
                        Not something OVERTLY Stargate... I go for the sublter approach.
                        I know I want "To Thyne Ownself Be True" written across my right arm and I'm thinking about incorporating the Gate glyphs with either a celtic weave cuz I'm Irish, or something of my own design.
                        - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                        THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                        BM: "Aren't they all?"
                        www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                        www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

that sounds cool! you could weave/sneak a gate address between some other celtic characters

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                            Hello Campers,

My tattoo is, as some of you have already guessed, the Earth point of Origin. It is on my left forearm and is done in black ink. The symbol also bears the initials “LTS” below it, meaning “Life’s Too Short.” I borrowed this saying from Mr. Richard Dean Anderson because it means so much to me. I’m not going to get into the details – those are reserved for those tolerant enough to really know me – however I will say I feel greatly indebted to RDA for sharing his outlook on life. It changed mine from the first time I heard it – sound too dramatic for you? Well, I’m afraid it’s the truth – no way around it. I never want to forget him or Stargate for that matter. The influence they’ve had over me has been immense. I’m hoping that somehow, one day, I’ll be able to thank Mr. Anderson personally – though I know I’m more likely to be struck by lightening, twice, in the same spot, than this wish ever coming true.

Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.

WOW. Just. WOW. That's a great reason. I'm glad you shared it. I hope you get to thank RDA in person someday, too. And just so you don't lose hope, FYI, you're actually more likely to find lighnting striking in the same place (and sometime the same person) twice... something to do with electromagnetism or something like that... (lol... something to do with.. no wait, I got it... magnets!)
                            - 'Mo

www.nuklearpower.com

Comment

I'm getting the Earth symbol (how original ) on my left ankle. probably the inside. It's been my sign for the past 8 years, and I admit it also symbolizes for me some major things, so I mite as well keep it my sign. Otherwise the eye of Ra would be pretty dang awesome too!
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                that sounds cool! you could weave/sneak a gate address between some other celtic characters
                                Uh huh... that's partially the idea, though I'm having a hard time drawing it out... any artists feel free to email me with a design possibility!!! Maybe I'll do the weave around the sides of the quote and have the glyphs above and beneath it?
                                This is kind of important to me that it be *just right*, ya know? It's somethin' I'm gonna have for the rest of my life and all three elements are pretty important to me... I can all but identify with Bandersnatch on how closely this is linked to who I am today.
                                - 'Mo

www.nuklearpower.com

Comment

Working...
                                X