This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    The eye of Ra is a part of the eye of Horus.
    Actually it depends on where the info comes from! I always liked it so when I started to think about getting it I tried to stick to scientific and educational sites to find it's truer meeting.
    From everything I've read one's the right eye & the other's the left. The eye of Horus has various positive (and scientific) meanings including protection. That's the one I like.

Personally I'm thinking about 4-5 tatoos. All sci-fi related.
    My current and possible future tats are all in the sci-fi/fantasy realm (although not specific to any show). I kind of consider the eye of Horus the same way because well.... not to offfend any true believers, but I just don't think the stories of these gods were true.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
      If you outgrow your Stargate reason, you can always claim "Egyptology".
      Thought of that actually! In the end I think I decided against it more because I decided against putting one on my ankle which is where it would have gone.

Comment

I have the eye of Ra tattoo on my shoulder, and I may get the Earth PoO somewhere, I haven't really decided yet. I don't think it's wrong to as a tattoo should mean something to you, and if Stargate is revelvent to you, you should get it!

Love

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Hello Campers,

My tattoo is, as some of you have already guessed, the Earth point of Origin. It is on my left forearm and is done in black ink. The symbol also bears the initials “LTS” below it, meaning “Life’s Too Short.” I borrowed this saying from Mr. Richard Dean Anderson because it means so much to me. I’m not going to get into the details – those are reserved for those tolerant enough to really know me – however I will say I feel greatly indebted to RDA for sharing his outlook on life. It changed mine from the first time I heard it – sound too dramatic for you? Well, I’m afraid it’s the truth – no way around it. I never want to forget him or Stargate for that matter. The influence they’ve had over me has been immense. I’m hoping that somehow, one day, I’ll be able to thank Mr. Anderson personally – though I know I’m more likely to be struck by lightening, twice, in the same spot, than this wish ever coming true.

Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.
          Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Is it facing your shoulder, or your hand?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Is it facing your shoulder, or your hand?

It's facing my hand -- if you were to shake my hand, you could read the "LTS" and see the Earth PoO in it's correct orientation.
              Bander

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

If I were to get a SG tat, it'd be something a little less obvious, but probably recognizable by anyone who likes the series

It's Aquarius, my sign (represented on the gate itself as a symbol) I don't really believe in astrology and horoscopes (and the like) but I like the symbol, and it does represent (roughly) when I was born

It'd be on my back somewhere, maybe the small of my back, or close.
                Last edited by Brandie; 31 July 2004, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                  Hello Campers,

My tattoo is, as some of you have already guessed, the Earth point of Origin. It is on my left forearm and is done in black ink. The symbol also bears the initials “LTS” below it, meaning “Life’s Too Short.” I borrowed this saying from Mr. Richard Dean Anderson because it means so much to me. I’m not going to get into the details – those are reserved for those tolerant enough to really know me – however I will say I feel greatly indebted to RDA for sharing his outlook on life. It changed mine from the first time I heard it – sound too dramatic for you? Well, I’m afraid it’s the truth – no way around it. I never want to forget him or Stargate for that matter. The influence they’ve had over me has been immense. I’m hoping that somehow, one day, I’ll be able to thank Mr. Anderson personally – though I know I’m more likely to be struck by lightening, twice, in the same spot, than this wish ever coming true.

Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.
                  I think your tattoo sounds great! and the fact that you have the LTS on it just makes it that bit more special for you
                  I know i'm probably too young to decide this yet and i'll probably change my mind by next year but I would like to get a tattoo, only as long as it had a special meaning to me and I know I would want to keep it forever...
                  If I do have one tho' it will have to have something to do with Stargate even if it is only the smallest thing that only I know because Stargate has been a major part in my life and I doubt I will forget about it as long as I live.....

As for what the tattoo would be, I still need time to think. I've never been a very creative person but I think with enough time I will be able to come up with a perfect design that has a special meaning to me, then when i'm old enough I can get it The only problem will be convincing my mum that it is a good thing to do

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your Tattoo?? I would love to see it

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
                    If I were to get a SG tat, it'd be something a little less obvious, but probably recognizable by anyone who likes the series

It's Aquarius, my sign (represented on the gate itself as a symbol) I don't really believe in astrology and horoscopes (and the like) but I like the symbol, and it does represent (roughly) when I was born

It'd be on my back somewhere, maybe the small of my back, or close.
                    oooh, thats a good idea! My star sign is Saggitarius and I really do like the stargate symbol for it....now I just need to think of a way to adapt that to make it unique...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                      Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your Tattoo?? I would love to see it
                      I'll see if I can get my hands on a digital camera sometime soon... I'm glad to see that you understand how I feel -- some people get tattoos just because they can or for darker reasons. Others, myself included, get them to make something important to them a physical part of their being.
                      Bander

Comment

My best idea for a tattoo: A stargate on the butt that spans both sides with the words "Chevron Seven Locked" along the lower back.
                        "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

guess no one wants to discuss my tat idea
                          "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Originally posted by the_red_chimp
                            Getting that was a very bad idea. I bet it's the Point of Origin, isn't it?
                            Just for conversation purposes.
                            Are you saying tatoos in general are bad, or getting a Stargate tatoo is bad? I'm not trying to be confrontational, just curious.

I've got a tattoo of red and black Celtic knotwork all around one ankle and am going to get another 'ankle bracelet' done soon with an Eye of Horus, an Ankh and the Earth glyph (PoO) as though they were charms on a chain. As time goes on, I'll get other significant 'charms' added.
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                              [Directed to the_red_chimp] Just for conversation purposes.
                              Are you saying tatoos in general are bad, or getting a Stargate tatoo is bad?
                              Of course I can't speak for the_red_chimp but I think I know what he means. People always say you shouldn't get your boyfriend/girlfriend's name tattooed on you because of the simple fact that the relationship might not last and then you'd be stuck with the very permanent reminder. Stargate tattoos can be the same way in that your "relationship" with Stargate may change and you could later regret getting the tattoo.

I personally don't have the guts to get a tattoo (I don't do pain) and even if I had the guts I don't think I could make a decision -- it's hard enough for me to buy clothing.

Those of you with Stargate tattoo who have thought about this and are happy with your decision I'm happy for you. You're certainly braver than I. But those of you who are thinking about getting a tattoo, just be sure that it is what you want. Although they can be removed with a laser, I've heard it's a hundred times more painful and it doesn't always work.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Funny this subject came up...I was just thinking about this recently. I don't have any tats but I've always thought about getting one. It's just hard to find something that you can live with forever. So I understand everyones concerns. But you know what?... I really think that I could live with PoO on my lower back FOREVER! I just wonder what my husband and children would think? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X