Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 796
  1. #21
    Staff Sergeant Bandersnatch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    54

    Earth Symbol Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by DownFallAngel
    Is it facing your shoulder, or your hand?

    It's facing my hand -- if you were to shake my hand, you could read the "LTS" and see the Earth PoO in it's correct orientation.
    Bander

    "LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

    "I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

  2. #22
    Second Lieutenant Brandie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cold Springs, NV
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    If I were to get a SG tat, it'd be something a little less obvious, but probably recognizable by anyone who likes the series



    It's Aquarius, my sign (represented on the gate itself as a symbol) I don't really believe in astrology and horoscopes (and the like) but I like the symbol, and it does represent (roughly) when I was born

    It'd be on my back somewhere, maybe the small of my back, or close.
    Last edited by Brandie; July 31st, 2004 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #23
    Captain Sam_o_Neill's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,626

    Smile Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
    Hello Campers,

    My tattoo is, as some of you have already guessed, the Earth point of Origin. It is on my left forearm and is done in black ink. The symbol also bears the initials “LTS” below it, meaning “Life’s Too Short.” I borrowed this saying from Mr. Richard Dean Anderson because it means so much to me. I’m not going to get into the details – those are reserved for those tolerant enough to really know me – however I will say I feel greatly indebted to RDA for sharing his outlook on life. It changed mine from the first time I heard it – sound too dramatic for you? Well, I’m afraid it’s the truth – no way around it. I never want to forget him or Stargate for that matter. The influence they’ve had over me has been immense. I’m hoping that somehow, one day, I’ll be able to thank Mr. Anderson personally – though I know I’m more likely to be struck by lightening, twice, in the same spot, than this wish ever coming true.

    Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.
    I think your tattoo sounds great! and the fact that you have the LTS on it just makes it that bit more special for you
    I know i'm probably too young to decide this yet and i'll probably change my mind by next year but I would like to get a tattoo, only as long as it had a special meaning to me and I know I would want to keep it forever...
    If I do have one tho' it will have to have something to do with Stargate even if it is only the smallest thing that only I know because Stargate has been a major part in my life and I doubt I will forget about it as long as I live.....

    As for what the tattoo would be, I still need time to think. I've never been a very creative person but I think with enough time I will be able to come up with a perfect design that has a special meaning to me, then when i'm old enough I can get it The only problem will be convincing my mum that it is a good thing to do

    Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your Tattoo?? I would love to see it

  4. #24
    Captain Sam_o_Neill's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,626

    Red face Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandie
    If I were to get a SG tat, it'd be something a little less obvious, but probably recognizable by anyone who likes the series



    It's Aquarius, my sign (represented on the gate itself as a symbol) I don't really believe in astrology and horoscopes (and the like) but I like the symbol, and it does represent (roughly) when I was born

    It'd be on my back somewhere, maybe the small of my back, or close.
    oooh, thats a good idea! My star sign is Saggitarius and I really do like the stargate symbol for it....now I just need to think of a way to adapt that to make it unique...

  5. #25
    Staff Sergeant Bandersnatch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    54

    Earth Symbol Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_o_Neill
    Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your Tattoo?? I would love to see it
    I'll see if I can get my hands on a digital camera sometime soon... I'm glad to see that you understand how I feel -- some people get tattoos just because they can or for darker reasons. Others, myself included, get them to make something important to them a physical part of their being.
    Bander

    "LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

    "I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

  6. #26
    Chief Master Sergeant airdish's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    My best idea for a tattoo: A stargate on the butt that spans both sides with the words "Chevron Seven Locked" along the lower back.
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

  7. #27
    Chief Master Sergeant airdish's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    guess no one wants to discuss my tat idea
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

  8. #28
    Colonel Jynjyr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Fishing on Lake Erie with Jack.
    Posts
    6,450

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by the_red_chimp
    Getting that was a very bad idea. I bet it's the Point of Origin, isn't it?
    Just for conversation purposes.
    Are you saying tatoos in general are bad, or getting a Stargate tatoo is bad? I'm not trying to be confrontational, just curious.

    I've got a tattoo of red and black Celtic knotwork all around one ankle and am going to get another 'ankle bracelet' done soon with an Eye of Horus, an Ankh and the Earth glyph (PoO) as though they were charms on a chain. As time goes on, I'll get other significant 'charms' added.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

  9. #29
    Chief Master Sergeant Asgard Buddy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Jynjyr
    [Directed to the_red_chimp] Just for conversation purposes.
    Are you saying tatoos in general are bad, or getting a Stargate tatoo is bad?
    Of course I can't speak for the_red_chimp but I think I know what he means. People always say you shouldn't get your boyfriend/girlfriend's name tattooed on you because of the simple fact that the relationship might not last and then you'd be stuck with the very permanent reminder. Stargate tattoos can be the same way in that your "relationship" with Stargate may change and you could later regret getting the tattoo.

    I personally don't have the guts to get a tattoo (I don't do pain) and even if I had the guts I don't think I could make a decision -- it's hard enough for me to buy clothing.

    Those of you with Stargate tattoo who have thought about this and are happy with your decision I'm happy for you. You're certainly braver than I. But those of you who are thinking about getting a tattoo, just be sure that it is what you want. Although they can be removed with a laser, I've heard it's a hundred times more painful and it doesn't always work.

  10. #30
    Chief Master Sergeant Gategirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Funny this subject came up...I was just thinking about this recently. I don't have any tats but I've always thought about getting one. It's just hard to find something that you can live with forever. So I understand everyones concerns. But you know what?... I really think that I could live with PoO on my lower back FOREVER! I just wonder what my husband and children would think? LOL

  11. #31

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    I find it interesting that this thread was started, when I was JUST thinking about this very thing. I am actualy waiting for the ancients language to be compleatly decifered (still missing 3 letters), before I get it done.

    I realy like the POO ideas, I think any true SG fan would admire that, but my idea blends a couple of my pations in life. I want to get some "Ancient" around my wrists (kind of like those people do with the barbwire around there arms). I was thinking since I am such a HUGE stargate fan, and I realy like to believe in the ideals of life (freedom, liberty, etc), and since I think (hasnt exactly been proven yet) that the ancients also stood for these things. I was thinking about getting

    "May these wrists never be unjustly bound" (Being that it would be wound around both wrists, it kind of has a "feel" to it).
    But I would want that one in latin (closest thing we have to ancient). What do you all think? Ofcouse I am also considering

    "In the middle of my BACKSWING"
    Mainly because I find it just plain funny, which I think matches my personality a little better, but dosnt have as deep of a meaning. What do you all think about that one as well?

    Corpushominisanimusaltus

    Bodyofamansoulofanancient

  12. #32
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Gategirl
    Funny this subject came up...I was just thinking about this recently. I don't have any tats but I've always thought about getting one. It's just hard to find something that you can live with forever. So I understand everyones concerns. But you know what?... I really think that I could live with PoO on my lower back FOREVER! I just wonder what my husband and children would think? LOL
    LOL! Funny you should mention this.... I might have done exactly this on the weekend... It's a PoO on my lower back, and to quote Urgo "Verrry tiiiny!"
    Course, I'm having a devil of a time keeping it "secret" cos I swim 3-4 times a week, which is a bit of a no no right now, and my roomate is curious....

    I can show you at the Chicago con if you want.

    I plan to tell people its a glyph representing "home", people think I'm bonkers enough without me telling them I have a symbol from a TV show tattooed on my back (not that I pay too much attention to what other people think - but this tattoo is just for me, compared to the one on my ankle which is for public consumption!). It's very emotionally resonant for me, cos I'm living half way round the planet from my home, but having been here 6 years and built up a family here it'll be very hard to leave (hence it represents both my native home and my adopted home!).

  13. #33
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by gamebeavis
    I find it interesting that this thread was started, when I was JUST thinking about this very thing. I am actualy waiting for the ancients language to be compleatly decifered (still missing 3 letters), before I get it done.

    I realy like the POO ideas, I think any true SG fan would admire that, but my idea blends a couple of my pations in life. I want to get some "Ancient" around my wrists (kind of like those people do with the barbwire around there arms). I was thinking since I am such a HUGE stargate fan, and I realy like to believe in the ideals of life (freedom, liberty, etc), and since I think (hasnt exactly been proven yet) that the ancients also stood for these things. I was thinking about getting

    "May these wrists never be unjustly bound" (Being that it would be wound around both wrists, it kind of has a "feel" to it).
    But I would want that one in latin (closest thing we have to ancient). What do you all think? Ofcouse I am also considering

    "In the middle of my BACKSWING"
    Mainly because I find it just plain funny, which I think matches my personality a little better, but dosnt have as deep of a meaning. What do you all think about that one as well?
    I like the "May these wrists never be unjustly bound" one personally.
    May I just suggest you think long and hard about getting something so permanent in such a prominent place. I'm not trying to talk you out of anything (which would be a bit rich since I now have TWO tattooes!), but just keep in mind that your wrist is a very public place, and will be difficult to cover up for job interviews etc in the future (of course, I know nothing about you, except for the Stargate addiction of course! ). I like that I can cover my exposed one (ankle) with a small band aid, and under stocking it wouldn't be visible (if I want to of course, I'm really quite proud of it, even after 4 years!).
    Anyway, it's your life, and your body!

  14. #34
    Captain Sam_o_Neill's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,626

    Heart Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    LOL! Funny you should mention this.... I might have done exactly this on the weekend... It's a PoO on my lower back, and to quote Urgo "Verrry tiiiny!"
    Course, I'm having a devil of a time keeping it "secret" cos I swim 3-4 times a week, which is a bit of a no no right now, and my roomate is curious....

    I can show you at the Chicago con if you want.

    I plan to tell people its a glyph representing "home", people think I'm bonkers enough without me telling them I have a symbol from a TV show tattooed on my back (not that I pay too much attention to what other people think - but this tattoo is just for me, compared to the one on my ankle which is for public consumption!). It's very emotionally resonant for me, cos I'm living half way round the planet from my home, but having been here 6 years and built up a family here it'll be very hard to leave (hence it represents both my native home and my adopted home!).
    Kiwigater!!
    You actually got the PoO tattoo!
    I read your post in the S/J shipper thread and I had to come over here to comment on it! I think the reason you gave for it was very good and its great that it means something to you other than Stargate...not that it just being Stargate is bad of course

    I found out that my friend has a temporary tattoo kit with a tattoo pen and i'm going round her house this friday so i'm going to make her draw me a PoO tattoo with the pen thing she has
    Its the closest thing to a real tattoo as I can get for now

  15. #35
    Chief Master Sergeant Gategirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Awsome kiwigator! That would be great! To meet you at the con that is!

  16. #36
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_o_Neill
    Kiwigater!!
    You actually got the PoO tattoo!
    I read your post in the S/J shipper thread and I had to come over here to comment on it! I think the reason you gave for it was very good and its great that it means something to you other than Stargate...not that it just being Stargate is bad of course

    I found out that my friend has a temporary tattoo kit with a tattoo pen and i'm going round her house this friday so i'm going to make her draw me a PoO tattoo with the pen thing she has
    Its the closest thing to a real tattoo as I can get for now
    I sure did!
    Thanks for the lovely positive response
    Yes, I do believe you should stick to temp tattooes for now (being 15 and all!). Try lots of stuff (er, as in tattooes ) and see how you feel about it.

  17. #37
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by Gategirl
    Awsome kiwigator! That would be great! To meet you at the con that is!
    Coolness!
    We can sort out plans closer to the date (and in the other thread ).

  18. #38
    Second Lieutenant joshing123's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    334

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    First of all, after reading all these posts, maybe it's a good thing I didn't get the PoO... wouldn't want something common!


    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    May I just suggest you think long and hard about getting something so permanent in such a prominent place.
    I was actually going to say the same thing. I work in good old corporate America and while I am aware from social interaction that a fair number of my co-workers have tattoos as do I, we all have them in spots that cannot be seen when wearing work-appropriate clothing (except for a couple of people w/small ankle tats). From my former recruiting days, I can tell you we never considered anyone w/tattoos in such a visible place.

  19. #39
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by joshing123
    First of all, after reading all these posts, maybe it's a good thing I didn't get the PoO... wouldn't want something common!
    No!, we wouldn't want that!!!
    I'm sure that it's pretty common amongst Stargate people who get tattoos, but that's because its small ( ), and unique to the show. And for me, it encompasses a whole realm of things not specifically associated with the Stargate
    I considered something in ancient, but that would have been much bigger, and what on earth would I have it say that would still be applicable in 20 years or so??

    I was actually going to say the same thing. I work in good old corporate America and while I am aware from social interaction that a fair number of my co-workers have tattoos as do I, we all have them in spots that cannot be seen when wearing work-appropriate clothing (except for a couple of people w/small ankle tats). From my former recruiting days, I can tell you we never considered anyone w/tattoos in such a visible place.
    Yes, always something to keep in mind. You don't want to go to shake a prospective employers hand and have them ask about the tattooes (well, you might, I guess! *shrugs*).

  20. #40

    Default Re: Stargate Tattoos

    Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    The eye of Ra is a part of the eye of Horus.

    Personally I'm thinking about 4-5 tatoos. All sci-fi related.
    The eye or Ra is not a part of the eye of Horas... Ra is the right eye and Horus is the left eye

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. 'Stargate' breaks the movie-to-TV mold
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM
  2. SG-1 & Stargate Atlantis - Monitors Displayed
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM
  3. Pittsburg Tribune Review: 'Stargate Atlantis':
    By morjana in forum SGA News (Archive)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 30th, 2005, 04:47 PM
  4. SG-1 Game Interview
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
  5. TimesUnion: Stargate is becoming quite the survivor
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2004, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •