No announcement yet.

Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really really missed the Original Chaka. He was sweeeet! This guy just feels off... Plus, prosthetics are horrible.

The first Lorne-sighting, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
      really really missed the Original Chaka. He was sweeeet! This guy just feels off... Plus, prosthetics are horrible.

The first Lorne-sighting, yay!
      In my opinion this Chaka couldn't have been sweet - he was the most important figure to make the plot work.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Chaka evolved since the first time we saw him. His entire situation changed at the end of that first episode when he killed the Alpha male of the group, so sweet Chaka pretty much died when he became alpha male.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

maybe. But did he really need to become so wooden? The first actor played him amazingly and while I agree with you and Anja that the new Chaka-diplomat should act more alpha-male-ishly being the important figure and so on, but I still want him to be an interesting, alive, endearing person he was before - not just a token "weird alien".

Well, anyway, all the valid points about the episode (arrogant earth-military and politicians, strangely xenophobic SGC-colonels) were mentioned in this thread already. I obviously came here too late

Comment

Was Chaka portrayed by two different actors?

I can't remember.

Comment

Yes. He was first portrayed by the same actor who played the alien in The Fifth Man, and then by the actor who played Michael in 1969.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

omg, is this the same actor? I didn't know that! I loved the alien from "TFM", but would never think it's our Chaka To play an Unas convincingly, that's, you know... Too bad he haven't played more interesting roles

Comment

Ah... totally didn't remember that.

Comment

IIRC, those two actors played the greatest number of minor roles on the show, eight each (mostly in heavy makeup).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

They did it brilliantly, because nobody noticed it!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Yes. He was first portrayed by the same actor who played the alien in The Fifth Man, and then by the actor who played Michael in 1969.

Seaboe
                        Are you sure he didn't play Iron shirt and not Chaka? IMBD has Alex Zahara (as Michael on 1969) as Iron Shirt and not Chaka... and it lists G.Patrick Currie as Chaka in Enemy mine...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I see where I went wrong. Alex played Chaka in Beast of Burden, not Enemy Mine. So three different actors played him, then.

Seaboe

Comment

Currently watching this episode. It's really not very good! The cliche of the 'idiotic army man with guns' has been played out so much. I love stargate, but feel its episodes like this that prevented stargate from being truly great.

It's lazy writing.
                            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Wouldn't call that idiotic but normal human attitude - protect yourself and take what you want - has been this way for centuries.
                              I am neither American nor military but I liked this ep.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Anyone else notice the colonel Edwards was Merle from Walking Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X