No announcement yet.

Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not like this episode very much but it has one big plus for me: an introduction of major Lorne into the world of Stargate.

Comment

So, we finally find a good place to mine Naquadah but darn it, it's on sacred ground...
      Unas sacred ground, no less.

Okay, problem... which the military deals with the only way they know: shoot first, ask questions later.
      Good thing Daniel uses his brains first, and proposes to negotiate, using Chaka as an intermediary.

Chaka has changed since the last time we saw him. Did he loose some weight there?

Anywho... Daniel has a sit-down with the local Unas and comes to an agreement, only for Reynolds and his men to frak it up before they can finalise. Good thing Daniel's around to save the day... or at least Chaka is.

Also, hello Major Lorne (then still without a first name). Good to see you there buddy.

How would you rate SG-1's "Enemy Mine?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

It's an okay episode. Not too boring and mildly entertaining with human/unas interactions.

3-episode quiz: Lifeboat, Enemy Mine & Space Race

Jigsaw puzzle: Enemy Mine
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 June 2019, 06:10 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Never been a fan of Unas episodes and Daniel is probably my least favorite character. That said, this is probably my favorite episode for the Unas just because we get to see Chaka follow in Daniel"s footsteps. Also I like the huge tribe look. Did think Hammond was written out of character. And another reduced RDA. Its somewhere between fair and poor. Im leaning to poor. 8 minutes 10 seconds
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

09:25 somewhere in the middle...

Comment

At first I was like, uuuh, so many forgotten plotlines and yet, another Unas episode....
              But it turned pretty nice.
              I can't wait for Unas to evolve again now.

Comment

Chaka, everyone's favorite Unas.

Comment

Lyrics of the Blue Swede - Hooked on a feeling song :

"Uga, Uga, Uga, Chaka..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1da7bTrNc
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jkAkm4JmM

After a while you can't hear this song when our Chaka shows up in any episode. You can thank it later.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I didn't like new Chaka. He was somehow different.
                    Daniel was Daniel and l liked it. In some way I have a feeling that he gets so much space in this season. Or at least until now. I missed Jack and Sam.
                    Story was not very interesting and it reminded me of the first episode with Chaka.
                    And I would say,that the ending was too happy and positive.
                    I am asking myself if they didn't have better story instead of this one.

Comment

I would not say that Daniel had such big space in the whole season, but at the beginning of this season I would agree. The first two parts are from a bigger part about his return, Orpheus, Lifeboat and Enemy Mine are a lot of about him.

But this season started the new trend when a lot of episodes is centered on one character with others mostly in background. Maybe for this reason it seems that one character got a bigger focus than others.

The Unas storyline was never interesting for me. I liked the most of them the first episode with Chaka but because of the second storyline with SG teams and symbionts in the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post

The Unas storyline was never interesting for me. I liked the most of them the first episode with Chaka but because of the second storyline with SG teams and symbionts in the lake.
                        I liked more episodes where thery were working together, it was more interesting for me.
                        And I agree with you. I would say that first Unas was quite new thing and also first time with Chaka it was good,but there was also a different story behind. Like- who is a Goa´uld? Or when we saw for first time the lake with Goa´ulds inside and so.

Comment

I liked all episodes with Goa'ulded Unas. The first episode with Chaka was good for me, but not for the line with him.

And I definitely prefer episodes where they work together like one team. But S7 does not have so many those types of episodes.

Comment

Working...
                          X