Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicarter

Normally when I watch episodes based at the SGC I really want to see off world episodes, but when I watched this I was bored I fell asleep, crap storyline, went really slow, no good action. One of the worst season 7 episodes.

Abosulutly NOT I liked seeing Chaka again and Daniel but I hated that rachet colonel.They shot some Unas.Even if they didn't do anything.HIHIHIHi He backed off when he saw all the Unas on the planet hahahaha that was like this Allright we'll kneel
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      Oddly enough, that these Unas spoke the same language as the other Unas.
      So does SG-1 and the most of the human like people.They all speake English even if they are from another planet
      Lord Zedd

Comment

well i liked this episode but i dont like how theyre learning such wat cud be a great enemy into allied.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This episode was Classic Daniel.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

I liked this episode, it was good! I like all Unas related episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by DeccyB
              I liked this episode, it was good! I like all Unas related episodes.
              yeah I like them too. I even like the Unas who spoke in the episode Demons.The Unas from Chimmera I didn't like .It looked really UGLY I saw recently Beast of Burden
              Lord Zedd

Comment

unas.... lo siento perro no me gusta los unas... (i am sorry but i dont like the Unas). i think it is cool however that the sg teams were able to make a treaty with them though .

if they only knew they got the worse part of the deal............
                "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I've enjoyed the Chaka the Unas episodes before, but this one I found a little hard to follow. There was too much Unas talk, I thought. It was kinda a shame that they wound up getting the bad end of the agreement too.

Comment

Hmmm... Mixed feelings on this one!

The thing about everyone speaking English... I rekon they've all got a Babel Fish (For those HitchHiker fans out there)!!

On the whole I found it quite boring. Slightly too much of Daniel, I would've liked to see more of the others too. And I find Unas eps quite boring anyway.

But then there were some very funny bits (Im a big humour person!) -

"Daniel.. Go to your happy place" was soooooooo funny!!
                    Also Daniel trying to describe a ship, making wooshy noises and waving his hand around!

And yeah, that Sergeant whoever REALLY annoyed me.. I HATE people like him!!!!!!
                    Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

garbage except the fights but apart from that boring as watching paint dry
                      "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                        It was kinda a shame that they wound up getting the bad end of the agreement too.
                        I think you're letting your own values color your view. Different people value different things. Kor Asek himself suggested the solution, and I'm sure that if the Unas begin to feel exploited they'll be able to make things sufficiently ugly to get their point across.

Comment

i wasnt really too fond of this episode... it seemed a bit darker than most and also showed the darker side of human's trying to obtain what they really want...i also dont like the unas in general though...
                          "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

intersting episode, thats all i have to say

Comment

I liked the episode. But I thought you could understand the original Chaka better, (not what the words were/meant, but actually hearing them, the articulation). Also, I thought Chaka would have done more of the negotiating.

Comment

What I liked:
                                I enjoyed the overall plot quite a bit - it was in fact the saving grace of this episode for me. It flowed smoothly and at a good pace. For me anyway, if felt very much like a season 1-5 episode. Daniel was especially 'classic'. I also liked the way the US government was portrayed - was anyone else reminded of US / Native American history here? Our 'self-interest' motives/actions were quite realistic, IMHO. We're not always the nice guys and poor Daniel was caught in the middle. Another little moment that caught my attention was the end which strongly reminded me of a scene in the movie 'Zulu Dawn' which dramatized the Battle of Isandlwana in the Zulu War in which a small but 'superior' British force (1400 men) was basically surrounded and slaughtered by a much larger and 'primitive' Zulu attack (20,000 men) Interestingly, Chaka (or Shaka) was also the name a very important Zulu historical figure prior to this time...

Favorite moments include:
                                Did anyone else have flashbacks to the 'Stargate' movie whenever Daniel pulled out that lighter? LOL!

Apparently there's something in those power bars of Daniels that Unas find nearly orgasmic! LOL!

Daniel (concerning the artifacts): "They've been moved."
                                Lt. Lauren: "They were in the way."
                                Jack: "Daniel... go to your happy place."

Daniel: "Col. Edwards has no experience dealing with Unas."
                                Jack: "Nor you."

Daniel to Jack: "I guess I just spent a lot of time breaking you in, I just didn't want to have to start with a new Colonel."

Col. Edwards to Daniel: "Jack was right: you are a pain in the ass... but well worth it."

What I didn't like:
                                Is my memory of previous Unas eps really that bad or was the make-up job on Chaka as horrible as I think? The mask was way too obvious and it threw me right out of the story. Now, I know that thing was never very flexible but I don't remember it being that *plastic*! SHUDDER! Obviously it wasn't the same guy and I definitely missed him. Why didn't they redo the mouth? The only thing that moved there on Chaka was his bottom lip (the teeth never separated! No wonder it sounded like he was talking through a paper bag!) The other Una had much more realistic mouth movement. The body language was also off. The movements needed to be bigger. I winced when he came through the gate standing so... *human*! SIGH! This was a major problem for me. If MS wasn't such a good actor I don't think I would have ever been able to get back into the story.

I *hated* Col. Edwards - which is not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself; unfortunately the idea that such a xenophobic character had managed to get in the SGC at all, let alone command an SG team was just a bit too much for me to buy!

You really expect me to believe that *any* SG team doesn't know how to perform search and rescue operations?!!

Chaka's character was way too submissive. I mean he's supposedly an Alpha male in his own right on his own planet and his adopted planet - but here he came across as almost being Daniel's pet! The staring match between him and Edwards was nice and should have been a character defining moment but instead it became a painful inconsistency.

Side note: I don't have any problem with the Unas of different worlds speaking the same language because they were originally taken from another world by the Goa'uld as slaves, just as humans were, and scattered throughout the galaxy. Having Chaka and Iron Shirt's languages be too divergent (ala ancient Egyptian and Abydonian) would have taken too long to explore in a one hour show. And the suspension of reality glasses would have had to be much thicker if they spoke English like the one in Thor's Hammer did. I actually loved the consistency of the language. The actors weren't asked to just spout random gibberish but were obviously expected to memorize specific lines that had meaning. It added depth to the story for me.

Overall grade: A very complicated 'C'

Comment

Working...
                                X