No announcement yet.

Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching the movie Enemy Mine at the moment. The name of this ep and Unas have to be tributes to this movie.
    sigpic

Comment

When I was watching this episode I felt really angry. It was horrible to see the actions of those military types.. So we humans are better and more intelligent than the unas so we can do whatever we want and even their lives are worthless.. What goa'uld like behavior...

Of course Daniel was the one to save the situation. I wa glad to see the situation resolved in the end, even though it was of course too optimistic, but that's nice to see sometimes...

I'm getting a bit tired of the unas though...

Comment

I really enjoyed this eppie, for all the reasons that have already been mentioned here. Jack's "Daniel, go to your happy place" is one of the funniest from the whole series, and I loved how Daniel stuck to his guns, earning Chaka and his new Unas allies the respect they deserved.

For a Lorne lover too, there's the bonus of our favourite Major's first appearance, but as XO on SG11 instead of Sheppard's. It's interesting how his role changes by the time he gets to Atlantis, from a member of a scientific mining team to a more military team leader. You didn't see any of that during Atlantis' run, which is a shame - it might have given us some backstory for how he came to the SGC to start with.

Cate
        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

I liked this one. Always enjoyed to see the Unas.
          Michael Rooker did a very good job as Edwards. (Wait, I just saw him in "Walking Dead") and once again we see how difficult it sometimes is for the "Tauri" to work together

Comment

I like the episode but would like to see a Unas episode where the Unas were more advanced than Earth. Given how old they are you would think a few of them would by on Asgard level by now or at least have star ships.

Comment

Maybe as a race, they ahve a mental block for tech>

Comment

We are interpreting what is advanced from a human, Western, point of view. There are other kinds of advancement.

Not to mention the inherent assumption that advanced>non-advanced.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Major Lorne in season 7 of SG1, and he's still a major in season 5 of Atlantis. So awesome to see him. I knew Kavan was in SG1 but I'd forgotten what season.

And bless Chaka... he's become quite the Unas diplomat.

Us vs them again, and us just waltzes is and claims the place without even giving it a second thought. Damn, us can be arrogant at times. I wanted to smack them over the head with an Unas yolk. The certainly deserved the whoop-ass.

Seeing all the tribes coming together to defend their territory is just awesome. Tell it to the Earthlings! Reminded me of the first battle we see in Gladiator where the German tribes face the Roman legions. Epic!

Another okay episode...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

WEll, its a common thread in almost any scifi that "Humans are smart therefore should own"..

Comment

Humans should therefore be ashamed of themselves.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked watching Daniel do his linguist thing even if it seemed a little far fetched to a point...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

An absolutely fantastic episode.

The whole set up - adding in two officers who outranked Hammond and O'Neill, the return of Chaka, Michael Rooker - gave the sense of dread throughout that this was not going to end well for anyone and that the military would barrel no matter the cost.

My stomach was in a knot. That is damn good TV, and damn good sic-fi.

Comment

i really wish we had people in Hollywood who appreciated damn good Sci-fi.

Comment

Militarism versus reasoning - shoot first ask questions later or try to find an agreement.

Jackson saves it and the military guy is not too cocky to state - great plot.

Chaka the ace up the sleeve - well done. Love the ep.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                                Militarism versus reasoning - shoot first ask questions later or try to find an agreement.

Jackson saves it and the military guy is not too cocky to state - great plot.

Chaka the ace up the sleeve - well done. Love the ep.
                                Hence the fiction in science fiction.

This episode highlights how people should behave. Unfortunately they don't, as history will attest.

Comment

Working...
                                X