No announcement yet.

Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this episode is a bit of a snoozefest.

I do respect Daniel's determination to find a peaceful solution the discord.

Comment

I did enjoy this ep. I enjoyed a show where Daniel's linguistic skills were needed. It adds a bit to the reality. I do like Chaka & the Unas, & I understand they're fairly primative, but I wish they took a bit more time to expand the Unas vocabulary a bit. Sometimes there entire language is centered around less that 20 words. Thats the only thing that throws me a bit. I loved that hard headed colonel finally seeing he was wrong & getting on his knees like a good boy who deserved a spanking before ending up as Unas toejam LOL. Like the Nox and Tollund said more than once, we're still very young. This episode was definately a growth experience for the SGC

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        I think this episode is a bit of a snoozefest.

I do respect Daniel's determination to find a peaceful solution the discord.
        I agree on both sentiments.

Most memorable scene: Jack telling Daniel to "go to his happy place".

Comment

excellent episode because it was a better unas episode than others which I didnt like to much
          sigpic

Comment

Jason writes: “Did you ever expect the character of Lorne to take off like it did when you first came up with the character and named him after your brother or father in law? Thanks for casting Kavan Smith in the role, he’s one of my favorites now.”

PDL: Major Lorne is named after my brother-in-law Lorne Loder in the episode “Enemy Mine”. Kavan Smith stood out from the get go. He’s very focused, handsome and talented. It was a no brainer to bring him back. I didn’t ‘expect’ him to work on Stargate as much as he did but I was not ‘surprised’ because he is so good. (He’s one of my favorites too.)
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
              Just watched the episode yesterday for about the tenth time and never noticed before until now that Major Lorne is in it. I guess you learn something new everyday.
              Same here, I only realised when watching it again just now - you would think though being an experienced military officer the sight of the dead guy (forgot his name) would not make him want to throw up.

Comment

I just caught the last half of this episode on SyFy. It reminded me of how much this one needs to go onto my "incredibly BORING episodes" list. On the bright side, Patrick Currie & Alex Zahara did a great job with their unas characters.
                sigpic

Comment

Sam isn't in here much....

dislike the Col Edwards acting like a jerk....

looks like the wrong Chaka [different actor maybe?]
                  sigpic

Comment

Once again a very strong episode for MS. Colonel Edwards was a blinkered hardcore military guy. I'm glad Daniel Jackson managed to earn his respect in the end.
                    sigpic

Comment

As to the how do all the unas know the same language question. It could be like for example Latin turns into French, portuegues, and Spanish and the spread to the country's they are in now. or In Other words the all started on the same planet speaking the same language and once separated small deviations in dialect occurred. And also I really enjoyed this episode. I like the unas as a spiecies people and culture

Comment

Hmmm... this sounds familiar...

Military organization from Earth comes to alien planet in search of precious mineral unavailable on Earth, but nonetheless needed for our (human) survival. In process of trying to exploit this natural resource, humans disturb a sacred ground belonging to a technologically primitive indigenous race. Said natives become angry at this desecration and attack the humans, eventually gathering all the tribes (Braveheart-style) and outnumbering puny humans. In the course of all this, one human who is friendly to these natives tries to establish diplomatic relations with them, only to have his efforts wasted by a military commander too eager to use force to either re-locate or completely wipe out the indigs.

Now where else have I seen something like this?

Maybe like a movie or something...
                        Spoiler:
                        [IMG]DO NOT HOTLINKhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Avatar-Teaser-Poster.jpg[/IMG]

Well, the SG-1 episode aired years before the James Cameron film, but the scriptment for "Avatar" was was written way back in 1994. So... which idea came first? And does Mr. Cameron watch any SG-1?

Comment

Another Daniel solo episode which was the price to take him back as RDA and DSD were on their way out after Corin Nemec.....

Comment

I love Unas episodes, but this is probably the weakest of the bunch. It's not bad, but a little on the dull side and has the stereotypical unreasonable military officer character. It's a shame Dion Johnstone wasn't available to play Chaka here, as the replacement just doesn't look or feel right (though, I would never have guessed that Patrick Currie was playing him). Alex Zahara is always so recognisable no matter how many prosthetics he has on!

Carter barely has a role in this one, but Daniel shines again. General Vidrine looks much better with the moustache.
                            It's a shame there's no more Unas episodes after this, I was just getting the hang of their language!

RATING: 7 out of 10
                            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

So how come everyone is cool that all aliens speak English but every single English-speaking planet has their own different written language that they read (computer screens, etc) WHILE SPEAKING ENGLISH?

Comment

Originally posted by terminator View Post
                                So how come everyone is cool that all aliens speak English but every single English-speaking planet has their own different written language that they read (computer screens, etc) WHILE SPEAKING ENGLISH?
                                It's code of course
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X