Enemy Mine (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    unas.... lo siento perro no me gusta los unas... (i am sorry but i dont like the Unas). i think it is cool however that the sg teams were able to make a treaty with them though .

if they only knew they got the worse part of the deal............
    Yeah I'm not big on Unas stories too...but I enjoy it as a part of the greater SG universe...

I didn't like the very little Jack and Sam here. I mean Jack was around long enough to get hurt and Sam's contribution was visiting Jack briefly in the infirmary. *whoopdie doo*

However there were a few things I liked...

Firstly, we're introduced to Major Lorne who I'm now enjoying on SGA.

Secondly, I enjoy this bit of dialogue:

Daniel: (stopping as he notices something sticking out of the tarp) What's this?
    He pulls back the tarp. Lorne stops his progress and walks back to stand beside Daniel.
    Daniel: Artifacts? (Daniel turns to look at Lorne.)
    Major Lorne: Yes.
    Daniel: You found all this and you-you didn't contact me?
    Major Lorne: We were going to...
    Daniel: They've been moved.
    Major Lorne: Well, they were in the way.
    In the mean time, Jack has walked back to stand behind Lorne. Jack steps forward and puts a hand on Daniel's shoulder.
    Jack: Daniel...go to your happy place.

Thirdly, I liked the fact that we (and by we I mean the SGC) were wrong because it shows we're not superheroes...we are fallible human beings who are prone to make seriously bad decisions. And in this case, we were the intruders. We had NO RIGHT to the Naquadah and Hammond was ordered to make sure that we got it at all cost. This position is of course opportunistic to the extreme and morally we were on the wrong side. It seems we didn't learn anything from the Season 2 Episode Spirits...

And right along with that...

Fourthly: Because we were wrong, I like the fact that we lost. We had to negotiate a surrender or everyone would have been killed. We were wrong and they were right. We had to humble ourselves and it took us down a peg.

So overall not my favorite episode, but it did have some redeemable qualities to it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I've usually enjoyed Unas episodes in the past, too. This one, I found desperately boring first time around. I was very disappointed, for one thing, that we seemed not to have learned the lessons given us in Spirits and seemed to be repeating the same 'who cares about the natives, we want the gold/oil/shiny beads/whatever'.

But it's really grown on me in subsequent watchings and now I quite enjoy it. I enjoy the character dynamics - especially Daniel throughout with the commander and the Unas. I could have done with more involvement from Jack and/or Sam, but the scene in the infirmary is fun and we get some Action!Jack in the fight with the Unas, so that's cool. I love Jack straightening up and pretending it doesn't hurt when Sam walks into the infirmary. LOL.

I like the overall message in this episode - and let's hope to goodness that this time we learned it!

Overall, there's a lot to like in this one. Daniel's interactions with Chaka and the local Unas, the character arc of the commander having to swallow his pride and realise he was wrong, even Teal'c had some excellent moments.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

OK Unas ep not as good as beast of burden or the first Unas ep.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

the main idea of it was quite similar to the episode spirits

Comment

IMO this was a good one off, but not one of my favorites. Enjoyable, yes. I like Unas eps, and in this we got to see Chaka again, and this time he went to help the SGC to secure the naquadah, and in through all that, the whole attitude of Major Lorne really goes to show how human arrogance can lead to misunderstandings that can lead to war.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Was Major Lorne's attitude that bad? It probably could've been better, but I thought Colonel Edwards had a bigger arrogance problem.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

You're right, got that backwards, I meant Colonel Edwards, not Major Lorne. But the whole attitude in general goes to show how might is not always right.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

I skipped over most parts of this episode, but I did enjoy the parts I did see. The kernel annoyed me. It was also great to see such a species advance so far over the past 7 seasons.
                  My favs:

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode for 3 reasons:
                    1) it brought back what I consider to be classic daniel and the best side of his personality that we dont really get to see anymore in S8 and 9
                    2) it brought back one of the things i loved about the series originally, the diplomacy and the use of our brains as opposed to just weapons
                    3) huge respect for PDL for having the balls to direct a slow episode, because they can be hard to pull off

I dont know why people dont like this episode just because theres no good action and not many firefights because this show isnt (or rather, wasnt) about big explosions and huge epic battles.
                    SG-1 has always been a very personal show which deals with human emotions, culture, history and people, it has been this way ever since the beginning. so to me, Enemy Mine was a brilliant episode

although i do agree with the points about little Jack and Sam, there didnt really seem to be any reason for this, but I guess it makes sense that this team cant always be together on every mission. I mean even early on in the series in episodes like A Matter of Time, we'd have Daniel go off on his own mission with other teams, I guess this is one of those missions
                    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

not so great, the poorest episode of season 7, rather dull and over tred uas idea did nothing fo me, no supprises when the unas tools were found, i knew before they said it, an episode i don't grab the DVD to see.
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                        I really enjoyed this episode.

I've always liked how Daniel was the team member who always tried to preserve peace and always had great repect for other cultures, races and creatures. This episode really lets Daniel do what he does best and it was interesting watching him communicate and form a bond with Iron Shirt.

It was looking bad there for a while and I was thinking that it was gonna end on a sad note but the climax scene where Daniel averted war and forged the agreement was great watching.

I hope we see more of the Unas because apart from the Asgard and the Replicators we always run into different humans or aliens within humans. It would be good to forge a strong alience with a different creature.
                        Agreed. I loved it how that cnl told jackson at the end "jack warned me you were a pain in the ass, but well worth it"..

And i would also liked to have seen more Unas episodes.. heck even if all it was was daniel and Chaka..

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                        Okay, it seems that almost every human civilization SG teams meet speak English (unless you're watching it on Telemundo) and now they made it so that Unas on other planets speak the same language too. The language inconsistancy is the only thing that really irks me about this series.
                        Other than when the Unas were saying 'daniel', or gou'ald/uman' i did not notice any 'english being spoken.. Where was that?

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm View Post
                        i wasnt really too fond of this episode... it seemed a bit darker than most and also showed the darker side of human's trying to obtain what they really want...i also dont like the unas in general though...
                        Agreed, it did 'showcase' our darker side... BUT i also loved daniels arguing with those 2 generals, about how many was enough to 'make it wrong'..

Originally posted by Maj_Cliffhanger View Post
                        And the suspension of reality glasses would have had to be much thicker if they spoke English like the one in Thor's Hammer did.
                        IIRC the only reason that one did, was cause he had a gou'ald in him..

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        Thirdly, I liked the fact that we (and by we I mean the SGC) were wrong because it shows we're not superheroes...we are fallible human beings who are prone to make seriously bad decisions. And in this case, we were the intruders. We had NO RIGHT to the Naquadah and Hammond was ordered to make sure that we got it at all cost. This position is of course opportunistic to the extreme and morally we were on the wrong side. It seems we didn't learn anything from the Season 2 Episode Spirits...

Fourthly: Because we were wrong, I like the fact that we lost. We had to negotiate a surrender or everyone would have been killed. We were wrong and they were right. We had to humble ourselves and it took us down a peg.
                        Great catch with the 'not learning\ from spirits, and i do agree, i liked it for the 'we were wrong' angle. As to the humbling... it showcased almost for me, what our whole war with the Gou'ald was about.. a less tech race whupping a greater tech race, cause of our determination..

Comment

I've always really enjoyed the unas episodes, but this one seemed a bit repetitive like I'd seen it all before. It was still an alright episode though and it did have some good scenes in it, like Daniel being told to go to his 'happy place' and the end scene was pretty cool too.

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                          I love Jack straightening up and pretending it doesn't hurt when Sam walks into the infirmary. LOL.
                          Loved that too, lol. Although I thought Jack was pretty rude telling the nurse to "go away." But I guess he never is that polite.
                          "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                          S/J all the way!
                          Big Honkin' Resolution!
                          sigpic
                          John/Teyla Shipper!
                          SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

This ep was as alot of ppl already have told but anyway it was really good and IMO is evry episode with the unas is intristing. I would like to see them become quite advanced but I don´t think this will happend but it would be nice
                            sigpic

Comment

Chaka lookt really cool in this ep with the real clots
                              sigpic

Comment

Just watched the episode yesterday for about the tenth time and never noticed before until now that Major Lorne is in it. I guess you learn something new everyday.
                                LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                                Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                                99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Working...
                                X