Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Enemy Mine (707)

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Yes. He was first portrayed by the same actor who played the alien in The Fifth Man, and then by the actor who played Michael in 1969.

Seaboe
    Are you sure he didn't play Iron shirt and not Chaka? IMBD has Alex Zahara (as Michael on 1969) as Iron Shirt and not Chaka... and it lists G.Patrick Currie as Chaka in Enemy mine...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Major

I see where I went wrong. Alex played Chaka in Beast of Burden, not Enemy Mine. So three different actors played him, then.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant mparsons1981's Avatar

Currently watching this episode. It's really not very good! The cliche of the 'idiotic army man with guns' has been played out so much. I love stargate, but feel its episodes like this that prevented stargate from being truly great.

It's lazy writing.
    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Wouldn't call that idiotic but normal human attitude - protect yourself and take what you want - has been this way for centuries.
    I am neither American nor military but I liked this ep.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Staff Sergeant

Anyone else notice the colonel Edwards was Merle from Walking Dead.

Staff Sergeant

I do not like this episode very much but it has one big plus for me: an introduction of major Lorne into the world of Stargate.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

So, we finally find a good place to mine Naquadah but darn it, it's on sacred ground...
    Unas sacred ground, no less.

Okay, problem... which the military deals with the only way they know: shoot first, ask questions later.
    Good thing Daniel uses his brains first, and proposes to negotiate, using Chaka as an intermediary.

Chaka has changed since the last time we saw him. Did he loose some weight there?

Anywho... Daniel has a sit-down with the local Unas and comes to an agreement, only for Reynolds and his men to frak it up before they can finalise. Good thing Daniel's around to save the day... or at least Chaka is.

Also, hello Major Lorne (then still without a first name). Good to see you there buddy.

How would you rate SG-1's "Enemy Mine?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

It's an okay episode. Not too boring and mildly entertaining with human/unas interactions.

3-episode quiz: Lifeboat, Enemy Mine & Space Race

Jigsaw puzzle: Enemy Mine
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; June 10th, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Never been a fan of Unas episodes and Daniel is probably my least favorite character. That said, this is probably my favorite episode for the Unas just because we get to see Chaka follow in Daniel"s footsteps. Also I like the huge tribe look. Did think Hammond was written out of character. And another reduced RDA. Its somewhere between fair and poor. Im leaning to poor. 8 minutes 10 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

09:25 somewhere in the middle...
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

At first I was like, uuuh, so many forgotten plotlines and yet, another Unas episode....
    But it turned pretty nice.
    I can't wait for Unas to evolve again now.

Chaka, everyone's favorite Unas.

Lyrics of the Blue Swede - Hooked on a feeling song :

"Uga, Uga, Uga, Chaka..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1da7bTrNc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jkAkm4JmM

After a while you can't hear this song when our Chaka shows up in any episode. You can thank it later.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Chief Master Sergeant

I didn't like new Chaka. He was somehow different.
    Daniel was Daniel and l liked it. In some way I have a feeling that he gets so much space in this season. Or at least until now. I missed Jack and Sam.
    Story was not very interesting and it reminded me of the first episode with Chaka.
    And I would say,that the ending was too happy and positive.
    I am asking myself if they didn't have better story instead of this one.

Staff Sergeant

I would not say that Daniel had such big space in the whole season, but at the beginning of this season I would agree. The first two parts are from a bigger part about his return, Orpheus, Lifeboat and Enemy Mine are a lot of about him.

But this season started the new trend when a lot of episodes is centered on one character with others mostly in background. Maybe for this reason it seems that one character got a bigger focus than others.

The Unas storyline was never interesting for me. I liked the most of them the first episode with Chaka but because of the second storyline with SG teams and symbionts in the lake.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post

The Unas storyline was never interesting for me. I liked the most of them the first episode with Chaka but because of the second storyline with SG teams and symbionts in the lake.
    I liked more episodes where thery were working together, it was more interesting for me.
    And I agree with you. I would say that first Unas was quite new thing and also first time with Chaka it was good,but there was also a different story behind. Like- who is a Goa┬┤uld? Or when we saw for first time the lake with Goa┬┤ulds inside and so.

Staff Sergeant

I liked all episodes with Goa'ulded Unas. The first episode with Chaka was good for me, but not for the line with him.

And I definitely prefer episodes where they work together like one team. But S7 does not have so many those types of episodes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456