• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy Mine (707)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 707

When Earth's attempts to exploit a newly-discovered naquadah mine are thwarted by a tribe of indigenous Unas, SG-1 must turn to an old friend for help.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:52 PM.

Okay, it seems that almost every human civilization SG teams meet speak English (unless you're watching it on Telemundo) and now they made it so that Unas on other planets speak the same language too. The language inconsistancy is the only thing that really irks me about this series.

-Matt

P.S. To keep it from bothering me, I pretend the Ancients designed the Stargate to alter peoples' brain chemistry just enough so that it's easier to understand other languages.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The Unas didn't originally speak 'partial english' when we were first introduced to them, did we? I forgot, but anyway, yah, i was wondering the samething about every human civilization speaking english.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Every civilization speaks english because otherwise every episode they would have to show us learning to speak the "other" language it would be so boring. So they pretend that everyone can speak the same language so they can get on to the plot of the story.

As for the Unas Daniel had to learn the Unas language in "The First Ones" And Chaka learned some English. In Beast Of Burden we see they've both learned to understand eachother. So over several years they have learned to communicate with eachother.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yah, i think they stated the reason why all civilizations speak english, i think it was in the episode X-treme Wormhole, and one of the characters ask why the alien civilizations speak english, so yah, i agree with getting straight to the plot and such.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Chaka became quite the diplomat.

Comment

need naquida to make war with the Goa'uld... that one leader on the mine was a jerk.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.

I've always liked how Daniel was the team member who always tried to preserve peace and always had great repect for other cultures, races and creatures. This episode really lets Daniel do what he does best and it was interesting watching him communicate and form a bond with Iron Shirt.

It was looking bad there for a while and I was thinking that it was gonna end on a sad note but the climax scene where Daniel averted war and forged the agreement was great watching.

I hope we see more of the Unas because apart from the Asgard and the Replicators we always run into different humans or aliens within humans. It would be good to forge a strong alience with a different creature.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                  I've always liked how Daniel was the team member who always tried to preserve peace and always had great repect for other cultures, races and creatures. This episode really lets Daniel do what he does best and it was interesting watching him communicate and form a bond with Iron Shirt.
                  Agreed. That is one of the (many, many) reasons why Daniel is my favorite character on the show. His willingness to embrace different cultures, to always search for alternatives, to trust that things can be resolved without violence - these are the qualities that I so very much love in Daniel.

I just feel like some of that innocence that he had in s1-2 resurfaced in this episode and I loved how Colonel Edwards came closer to understanding his ways at the end.

And the exchange between Lauren and Daniel (when he found out that the artifacts had been moved) were funny, too.

"Daniel... go to your happy place."

The only thing that I missed (and I think that´s been stated already) was the actor who originally played Chaka. This new guy was lacking that certain something, can´t really put my finger on it, but I missed it nonetheless.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Oddly enough, that these Unas spoke the same language as the other Unas.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Zzzzzzz

Comment

I liked it, precisely because the language issue is almost never addressed otherwise. If they brought it up all the time then this would've sucked, but the way things are, it was a more unique story.

And Unas are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                          I liked it, precisely because the language issue is almost never addressed otherwise. If they brought it up all the time then this would've sucked, but the way things are, it was a more unique story.

And Unas are cool.

Just sounded a bit weird to be. And it didn't seem to fit in with the storylines surrounding the episode. I do enjoy the Unas of course, but I think the ending was a bit too positive. They could have at least had some much better action than that.
                          __

__

Comment

Two problems with this episode.

1. I was out when this was aired, and my video failed to record the last 20 minutes.
                            2. What I did see bored the **** out of me, so I didn't really care that I missed the last 20 minutes.

Oh, and I have to say, enough of the Unas, already!

I thought Daniel getting stroppy over the artifacts was funny, though.
                            Last edited by SeaBee; 15 August 2004, 02:52 AM. Reason: adding 1 good point
                            sigpic

Comment

Normally when I watch episodes based at the SGC I really want to see off world episodes, but when I watched this I was bored I fell asleep, crap storyline, went really slow, no good action. One of the worst season 7 episodes.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Working...
                              X