This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G.C
    I will be the first to say that they can be a pain when having to shrink them down but I have found ways round that and if it really causes you great suffering then I can suggest sticking with the avatar that you have or choosing one of the many amazing avatars available in the gallery....
    Well you can suggest all you want S.G.C but I am not convinced, if you can have a sig so large, huge! Then why such a small avatar? Also customised avatars are part of a thank you for sticking around and posting so why would I want to use a GW one after I reach 2000? And as I have said before elsewhere, I am a fan of SG *obviously* but it is not the be all and end all of my fandom so ... they are good but not what I want to use.

I would gladly trade the size of my sig for a 100 by 100 avatar. Plus many other forums have 100 by 100 as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I don't mind not having a custom title because it saves me the trouble of having to think one up.
      I had a hard enough time thinking up a good location...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        I had a hard enough time thinking up a good location...
        Exactly. Most of the time I just ignore that field and stay with whatever I filled in. "Hall of Two Truths" is my default, 'cause it ties in with Ma'at. However, every once in a while I get the itch to change it to something else... and it's this huge complicated melodrama of "What would be cool?" "What says something about me?" "Is it clever?" ...and in the end, I usually stick with my default.

On the Surface board, I think my current location is "Chasing Jackson", but since that would be misconstrued as chasing Daniel here, I can't use that. And "In [whoever]'s quarters" or variants of that is too... prevalent. I could do "Chasing Lorne", but it doesn't seem as funny to me.

It's a stupid, meaningless little bit of nothing, but it's still a huge melodrama to me. Which is why I usually stick with my default.

Now, given how much trouble I have coming up with something like that, I don't even want to think about how much angsting I'd do over a title!

I'm lazy. Let Darren worry about what I should be called. I guarantee, whatever he comes up with will be more polite than some of the names/titles I've been given!

edit: There's also the fact that no descriptor in the human laguage could possibly describe the full scope of my fantasticalism. So I'll settle for "Goa'uld Lord" as the next best thing.
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 24 April 2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          Well you can suggest all you want S.G.C but I am not convinced, if you can have a sig so large, huge! Then why such a small avatar?
          Sigs use up your bandwidth. Avatars use Darren's.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            and dupicate threads drain both
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              I know, he told me but that just feeds into my wish to subscribe to GW to a) get rid of the ads and b) get a whole heap of other "options" made available. *shrugs* Guess I'm just going to have to settle, or learn how to re-size pics.

Comment

I am still petitioning to be known as *Goddess of the Hug*.... we don't see that up there do we....... still haven't gotten those magic beans yet either...mmmmmmmm
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You'll always be my goddess, Tame

And I completely agree with Shadow on this one... Location is enough of a deal! I keep wanting to change, but I can't come up with anything, and to be honest, listing all the places I switch between annoys the mods no end (yes, I did do it when I first joined, and yes, I was the one with Southampton, Nottingham, Nimes and Gelsenkirchen, because I was moving every month or so at the time).

To be honest, I have no interest in custom titles, it causes more work for the mods, and it's not like many people actually read them anyway.

As for avs... I suppose it's easier to find good avs for 100x100, but they are big and interfering. This way, they're a nice little personalisation which don't overwhelm the post.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The point of the forum is supposed to be the content of the posts, not who has the prettiest picture. I like making the lil' avs, but I hardly ever use them. I swap between a small handful of my favorites or drag out/make one up for special occasions, but that's about it. I do change often, though, much to the annoyance of everyone around me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      The point of the forum is supposed to be the content of the posts, not who has the prettiest picture.
                      Well I don't remember saying otherwise but anyway...

I like making the lil' avs, but I hardly ever use them. I swap between a small handful of my favorites or drag out/make one up for special occasions, but that's about it. I do change often, though, much to the annoyance of everyone around me.
                      I know I change mine way too much. But I know some who never change theirs; so it evens out.

Comment

Working...
                      X