Lifeboat (706)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    There are many eps, like this one it would have done well to have revisited.
    Such as the one from Season 2 (or 3) where we gated into a world near war cause of 2 opposing factions, where Narim helped us out. What happened when we left?
    With so many episodes, I've forgotten about much of the early seasons besides the major events involving the Goa'uld. Unfortunately, I guess with time the issues brought up by certain "alien-of-the-week" episodes cease to matter.
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
      With so many episodes, I've forgotten about much of the early seasons besides the major events involving the Goa'uld. Unfortunately, I guess with time the issues brought up by certain "alien-of-the-week" episodes cease to matter.
      I feel the opposite, that the "alien/mystery-of-the-week" episodes are often the best stories - not that there is anything shabby about larger Goa'uld arc.

Very nice performances from Shanks and Rothery. And it was a pleasant change to O'Neill dialled all the way back to nearly zero on the snark-o-meter.

About Shanks channeling the consciousness of the kid though - he was good but I honestly can't tell if he did a good job at being a child or overdid it just a little.

Comment

I like the non-arc episodes too. My favorite part of the episode was Frasier.

Comment

I don't think he overdid the child - a kid finding him-/herself in this situation could behave the way Jackson did. I bought it, it was moving and the contrast to the sovereign was brilliant.

10 pts from 10 if I had to give a mark.

I also would have liked a revisit!!!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
            I don't think he overdid the child - a kid finding him-/herself in this situation could behave the way Jackson did. I bought it, it was moving and the contrast to the sovereign was brilliant.

Of all the Jackson centered episodes, this is the one i DO feel he should have won awards for his acting from.. Well other than leo awards, which besides Canadians, i don't think anyone else knows what those are..

Comment

Then they should have nominated him more often - he might have been able to win more.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I like the non-arc episodes too. My favorite part of the episode was Frasier.
                Amen to that.

Originally posted by Anja View Post

No I think he overdid and played is as too meek and mild.

Comment

1 entire year... well anyway.

After a small kerfuffle with Daniel Jackson's character and the actor leaving, then returning to the series: I'm so happy, so, so immensely happy to see Michael Shanks using his whole potential as an actor. I'm happy to see him speak to Sam as they always should have, this and the episodes before this one just...

Man, this is the Daniel we should've always had.

Comment

The music is so sad when the little boy talks to his father. It has slightly reminded me to the Casper OST. And it is very emotional when MS plays him in the second half of the episode. I am not a too sentimental type, but this scene always makes me cry when he talked how his mother was not selected. It is so sad. Well done Brad Wright.

Stargate : Universe spoiler...
                    Spoiler:
                    This episode could have been a good touch to the Universe if we could find out that their ship was one from the Novus what escaped from the black star. But I know they are galaxies away... Maybe the sleeping pods reminded be so badly to Destiny.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 12 September 2018, 11:01 AM.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Excellent episode with an interesting premise. So sad for the father and the son. But I don't feel bad about the Sovreign at all!

Excellent acting by MS and TR!

Comment

Maybe they should have contacted Harlan from Tin-Man, so he could have made new bodies for the passangers and separate the souls.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

No matter how many times I watch this episode, it continues to be excellent. There's some fierce acting going on by Teryl and Michael, and I love how well they played off each other. The dynamic is brilliant.

It's a sad story with people who are still alive as a conscious, knowing they are dead and cannot return to their own bodies, and having to make the ultimate sacrifice. However, it never is said what actually happened to these people. It's pretty much left to our own interpretation.

I imagine that Keenan's father is the lifeboat in the end for the others, or did they upload them all back into the mainframe, even if engineer 2nd rank made a compelling case with the water jug why that was impossible to do.

In any case, Michael's acting is top-notch the way he switches between characters so easily. The best one, definitely Keenan to Martis. Poor Janet.

Favorite scene: when Janet tells Martis in no uncertain terms she's determined to get Daniel his body back.
                          You're not messing with this woman, dear Souvereign.

How would you rate SG-1's "Lifeboat"?

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible

Comment

On paper, this episode shouldn't be as good as it is, since there is little action, and it's mostly two people in a sterile room, talking.

But I agree, it's excellent.

Which means, I suppose, that Jel hates it.
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              Which means, I suppose, that Jel hates it.
                              He could surprise us.

3-episode quiz: Lifeboat, Enemy Mine & Space Race

Jigsaw puzzle: Lifeboat

Comment

15.20. I'll set the bar for you to beat
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X