No announcement yet.

Lifeboat (706)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That scene really brought accross how much affection Jan has for daniel.. And it gave me some hope they might hook up.

Comment

Yeah...i wish they had
      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

I wasn't really intently watching this episode but when Janet says "I don't give a damn! You don't belong in that man's body and I intend to take it back!" I jumped and had to rewind it. Amazing intensity. If I was that guy, I would have gotten out. Kudos to her.
        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
        mary anne radmacher

You don't know what strange means?

Comment

IMO one of THE best SG1 episodes, kudos to Michael Shanks for demonstrating his considerable acting prowess early in his return.
          BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Not seeing any negatives about this ep. YAY, because I adore this one! MS was brilliant, making each person inside him unique. He made you believe so completely that he WASN'T Daniel, that it shocked you for a second whenever he WAS. It also shows you how recognisable he has made his characterisation of Daniel if we in the audience can instantly recognise it is him and all he said was Janet's (first time he came out) or Jack's (at the end) name. So soon after his S7 return he was that comfortable in his Daniel-skin. Amazing. Wonderful ep that I enjoy watching everytime it comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
              Not seeing any negatives about this ep. YAY, because I adore this one! MS was brilliant, making each person inside him unique. He made you believe so completely that he WASN'T Daniel, that it shocked you for a second whenever he WAS. It also shows you how recognisable he has made his characterisation of Daniel if we in the audience can instantly recognise it is him and all he said was Janet's (first time he came out) or Jack's (at the end) name. So soon after his S7 return he was that comfortable in his Daniel-skin. Amazing. Wonderful ep that I enjoy watching everytime it comes on.
              What got me was how quickly the doc was to recognise the real daniel..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                What got me was how quickly the doc was to recognise the real daniel..
                I dont think it was really just the doctor but the audience to. All he had to do was look at her with that puppy look daniel has and say "Janet?" and it was obvious it was him.

IMO it shows how good he portrayed all of the other "people" for us to automatically recognize the real Daniel
                BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

I'm been impressed with MS since the first time we saw him in the pilot when he said "Hi Jack" he was sooooooo James Spader in the expression on his face & even the sound of his voice. Lifeboat is 1 of the ep's where MS really shines as a character actor & I think he more than deserved his Leo. Go Mike Go!!!

Comment

Impressive acting from MS. Janet was also great in this ep.

The little boy telling his story and the meeting with his dad almost made me cry. Heartbreaking.

Jack daring Teal'c to repeat what he said was funny.

Comment

i've just watched it....i did not know it was THAT AWESOME.,...MS is really really good in this ep......with that episode it really showed me how I really miss dr.fraiser though... top one!
                      sigpic

Comment

One of my favorites. I think this is some of (if not the)finest acting by MS in Stargate. He portrays the different characters so well, they are clearly defined and display different personalities. Amazing.
                        ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Not my favourite episode but Daniel and Janet saved it .

Really great acting in this episode, one of the best from Michael Shanks.

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

Great episode, some top-notch acting. Can't really add anything else that hasn't already been mentioned!

Comment

Micheal Shanks is amazing in this episode
                              he is such an amazing actor and this episode really gives him a chance to show off his skills. I thought his portrayal of the little boy was perfect. i started crying when he talks about his mother being left behind.
                              the only thing i think was left out was a female mind. they made a reference to the fact that a women appeared for a few moments but i wish we could have seen it, i thought it was wierd how they only showed males.
                              but still such a good episode. Terryl Rothery (please dont shot if i spelt that wrong im too lazy to check! ) is AWSOME! i miss her character so much

-Kat

Stargate SG-1

The best thing to ever happen to TV...and LIFE!

Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Daniel Jackson View Post
                                Micheal Shanks is amazing in this episode
                                he is such an amazing actor and this episode really gives him a chance to show off his skills. I thought his portrayal of the little boy was perfect. i started crying when he talks about his mother being left behind.
                                the only thing i think was left out was a female mind. they made a reference to the fact that a women appeared for a few moments but i wish we could have seen it, i thought it was wierd how they only showed males.
                                but still such a good episode. Terryl Rothery (please dont shot if i spelt that wrong im too lazy to check! ) is AWSOME! i miss her character so much

-Kat
                                I so agree with you on your thoughts about Lifeboat. I think this episode requested more from Michael than an entire SG1 season. And he is such a great actor. During the episode I never thought, even for a moment, that there's an actor playing several roles..I was just so convinced by his acting that there really were another minds in Daniel's mind. Only after the episode finished I realized how great is this man if he can act like this
                                About the female role...gotta tell you I never though about that but now that you mentioned it made me reaaaaally curious about what would have happend if Michael would have played a female role that would be something I would definetly have to see

about Janet, I really like her "I'm gonna get my friend back" attitude. she is really patient with all the personalities from Daniel's mind but when it comes about saving Daniel she would do anything. So way to go Janet

Comment

Working...
                                X