Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sam88, welcome to GW

Originally posted by sam88
    The ending is a little strange that Carter didn't think of a way to save the squattering "souls" within Jackson. Someone with her IQ should have htought of a simple work-around such as revive several crew members first and use them to off-load those "souls" residing in Jackson's body.
    She might have rejected that idea on the grounds that she couldn't do that to any other person without permission. It would always be unpleasant to have another person living in your body without permission, especially if you didn't like each other or had different dietary tastes or couldn't agree on how to decorate your rooms

In the time it would have taken to revive everyone and explain the ins and outs of it all, and give them enough time to make a reasoned informed uncoerced choice on the matter, the good ship Daniel would have been lost with all hands.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
      I like the way everything changed for each person: voice, expressions, body movement; I swear when he was the little boy he was shorter!!
      Exactly. I think that's what made this ep for me: it wasn't just Daniel doing impressions, MS changed everything from his posture to the tone of his voice, not just the accent. Janet's role was also well used, she was the person the audience could really empathize with (I LOVED the "I intend to take it back!" scene. The mix of anger, despair, and fear was played brilliantly.) I also liked that Jack made a point of sticking around. Ironically that was used to compensate RDA's schedule, but it was nice to see Jack worried about his friend, while still keeping his patented attitudes ("Not if I cut him out!").

And besides,
      Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
      Jack: I dare you to say that again.
      (Teal'c opens his mouth to repeat it)
      is one of my fav lines!
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeril
        Lol, but when he put his head down into Fraiser's lap I had a bad feeling and then the snooty ruler guy (can't remember his name) came back and said, "What are you doing?" I completely broke down laughing right there. Poor Janet. The look on her face was wonderful.
        Yeah, I can see how that would be a bit akward. The look on her face was awesome but I was thinking... "I think the better question is what are you doing?" BTW.. the snooty ruler guy's name was Martice. There was Martice (sovereign), Tryan (engineer), and Keenin (little boy). Its my favorite episode.

Sonya's Fanfiction:

Don't make a move tonight, you can only stagger
        Once she's got you in her sight you're the one she's after.
        One by one you count the fights, doesn't even matter
        That she's got you by surprise, misery's your master.

Comment

And besides,
          Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
          Jack: I dare you to say that again.
          (Teal'c opens his mouth to repeat it)
          is one of my fav lines!

Mine too and this is one of my favourite episodes.

Comment

I loved this ep. It was soo funny and really showed MS's acting talent

Comment

adore this ep MS was brilliant.

Comment

Wasn't this the episode the Shankster got an award for? He really showed how good an actor he is here.

EDIT:

Comment

Yes, he got an award but I can't remember what it was

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    Yes, he got an award but I can't remember what it was
                    Wasn't something like to the American Emmys, although Canadian.

Comment

MS won the Leo Award for Lifeboat. The Canadian Equivilant to the Emmy

Comment

How many Leos have these guys bagged now, anyways? Last I heard, AT was at two...what about the others?

Comment

i really really REALLY loved this episode! it really showed off that Michael is a talented actor. not that i had any doubts, i always thought so but this was just one of those roles that backed it up fully! i'm soo glad he got an award for this. he really diserved it. and teryl did an excellent job in this ep as well.

Comment

lol daniel reminded me of smeagol and gollum...
                            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
                              smeagol and gollum...
                              Who?

Comment

this ep was GREAT! it was so sad though. i thought that they should've been able to get the persons back in the bodies and brought them back to life.
                                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Working...
                                X