Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifeboat (706)

Default Re: Lifeboat (706)

Howso?

Madeleine

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

What if.... ALL of SG-1 had multiple "souls"?
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

I liked watching denial talking to him self, or rather soulís talking to each other with the one mouth. And when the little boy has his head in Jennets lap and then the real angry one awakens ands starts shouting and screaming t-was good to.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

well i just watched this again on Channel 4, and I still dont really like it.
    I like the way it was film and the direction but I dont think the episode did the idea justice!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    well i just watched this again on Channel 4, and I still dont really like it.
    I like the way it was film and the direction but I dont think the episode did the idea justice!

Yeah, I agree. I don't think this episode was one I cared for on any level.

i like the editing the style the director used!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Re: Lifeboat (706)

"Just find the small woman and tell her that what she gave me is not good enough. It isn't working!"

Classic...
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com
    http://img36.exs.cx/img36/9366/vhemt.jpg
    I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Martise reminded me a little of Machello. I loved the arrogance of him. MS pulled it off well.

The flashback scenes of the child helped to add to MS' portrayal. The end scenes with the father were especially heartbreaking.

Nice work from Michael.

Lisa Michelle

I like Daniel as he protrayed the little boy. He, Micheal Shanks, desereve the award he was given.

One of my favorite non-mainstream episodes.. MS and TR's acting was the best I've seen so far.

True this wasn't really a mainstream SG1 story...but I loved it. The acting by MS in this episode was great and well deserving whatever award he won, and in my opinion should have been nominated for an emmy, but if your not on one of the big 4 networks or showtime your shows not going to stand a chance in getting noticed...

Anyways, I just rewatched this ep on DVD earlier today, and the writing was also very well done. To come up with the storyline and the conflict between the little boy and the father, then Martice as a huge contrast....

The other thing that I didn't see mentioned here is that one of the reason RDA was so light in this episode (besides his regular limited schedule) was it was during this episode that RDA's father passed away. If you listen to the commentary on the DVD for this one with PD he talks about always thinking of this one at that and they had to do most if not all of RDA's reaction seens right after he had returned back to work. Knowing that if you watch his seens espically in the observation room you really do get that RDA has a different mood than his normal self (and understandably so)...

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

This is really a wonderful performance from both TR and MS. Quite amazing. Janet was so cool....

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    I like Daniel as he protrayed the little boy. He, Micheal Shanks, desereve the award he was given.
    In Glasgow last January during the Shanks/Judge tour someone asked him if he would do the little boy for us. He thought a moment, and then whammo, there was the little boy. It was really quite something to watch. There are photos of him doing it here:
    http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...lic/uk_2.shtml
    They're the last six photos on the bottom. The stubble does take away from the look a little

I thought this was an awesome episode for both MS and TR and in my opinion TR should have gotten some kind of an award for it, too. She was fantastic.

Dana Jeanne

Yes, she was wonderful. And she was what held the ep together, for me. However brilliant MS was (and he was) there'd not be so much reason for the audience to care about the 'passengers' without a regular character themselves being so involved. Janet was the emotional centre of this episode, and it's the only time (other than that Cassie ep in s5) that Janet really got to *star* in an episode.

:: Sigh ::

I miss Janet.

Madeleine

while watching this episode I couldn't help thnking of that movie called BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, at the end of the movie all those people Filled into JM's Brain. TOO FUNNY. Michael Shanks really deserved an EMMY, too bad the American Counterpart didn't catch his Performance, it was Outstanding, Glad he came back to STARGATE.

Quote Originally Posted by MR ONION
    while watching this episode I couldn't help thnking of that movie called BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, at the end of the movie all those people Filled into JM's Brain. TOO FUNNY. Michael Shanks really deserved an EMMY, too bad the American Counterpart didn't catch his Performance, it was Outstanding, Glad he came back to STARGATE.
    You're absoultely right Onion. This episode showed just how great of an actor Michael Shanks truely is. I'm not quite sure if he got a Gemini for this, but I hope he did.

I do believe he got the Gemini. I could be wrong though, but that's what I remember.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Honolulu with Chopsticks!Ba'al, thunking ded...

glad to see i'm not the only one who loved this ep!

due almost ENTIRELY to the acting of michael shanks and teryl rothery, this is one of my VERY FAVES from season 7! i loved it!

and if you're right and he did win the award, he TOTALLY deserved it!

What stunned me is that, even in stills, you can tell from Shanks face when he's not playing Daniel - the little boy and the arrogant ruler look totally different

Honolulu with Chopsticks!Ba'al, thunking ded...

yes... absolutely... his voice, body language, facial expression, and just overall demeanor ALL change with each personality... and he can change in seconds between any two of the four different characters that he plays in the episode... THAT'S what i call talent...

this episode reminded me in some ways of ST voyager's infinite regress (which, as it happens, also showed off much of jeri ryan's acting talent)... and i like both for very similar reason... great character and great acting

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast