X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wright: Adria Is The Ori Cheating [Spoilers for S9 and S10]

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...icheatin.shtml

This sounds very cool...

I would love to hear how amped other people are about the coming developments with the Ori arc in season10, because I can't hardly wait til July! These Ori add some fresh depth and menace to the series, IMO, and it sounds like it's only going to get bigger and better .

Spoiler:
    "She's an interesting character because she's the Ori cheating," executive producer Brad Wright said in an interview with GateWorld. "If an Ori had come to lead their armies in ascended form, that would have broken the laws of the Ancients and they would have been fought by the Ancients."

The new character is more than a child in an adult's body -- she's evil incarnate, the Ori's attempt to create one of their own in human flesh. Because they cannot enter our galaxy in their ascended form without incurring the wrath of the Ancients, the Ori create a leader who is as powerful as a human-form Ori could possibly be.

Originally posted by TheCaptain
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...icheatin.shtml

This sounds very cool...

I would love to hear how amped other people are about the coming developments with the Ori arc in season10, because I can't hardly wait til July! These Ori add some fresh depth and menace to the series, IMO, and it sounds like it's only going to get bigger and better .

Spoiler:
    "She's an interesting character because she's the Ori cheating," executive producer Brad Wright said in an interview with GateWorld. "If an Ori had come to lead their armies in ascended form, that would have broken the laws of the Ancients and they would have been fought by the Ancients."

The new character is more than a child in an adult's body -- she's evil incarnate, the Ori's attempt to create one of their own in human flesh. Because they cannot enter our galaxy in their ascended form without incurring the wrath of the Ancients, the Ori create a leader who is as powerful as a human-form Ori could possibly be.
    I couldn't agree with you more, my friend. Season 10, IMO, could potentially be one of the best seasons of SG-1 ever (I'm not saying it will be, just that it could be. ). These new developments to the Ori arc definitely will make them a more interesting villain. Up until now, we've pretty much only had the Priors to go on. With Adria, that will be very different. Come on July!
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm majorly looking forward to Season 10. Season 9 to me was truly like Season 1 in many ways. A very interesting story and a major villian introduced, some great episodes thrown in but also alot of flaws. Basically it seemed like the writers were learning how to do this "new show".

I think it's gonna be great because the Ori story was very talky in Season 9 but now there's gonna be lots of fighting and action. The Jaffa political things wasn't great either in my opinion but it looks like there's some great stuff coming up for them. I also hated the Baal cloning thing but it looks like they could be taking care of that early on. Plus the new team dynamic should give a sense of freshness and the episodes just sound very, very good, especially the genocide episode.
      'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

And where is Arthur, the Ancient Cheating ?

Comment

What I want to know is this: Who named Adria? Was is Vala or was it Some ori Angel that cam edown to Mary abnd tolled her that she will call her daughter Adria? Like Gabriel to Mary with Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
            What I want to know is this: Who named Adria? Was is Vala or was it Some ori Angel that cam edown to Mary abnd tolled her that she will call her daughter Adria? Like Gabriel to Mary with Jesus.
            According to "Flesh and Blood" spoilers
            Spoiler:
            Vala named Adria, after her mother

Comment

Originally posted by Aither
              And where is Arthur, the Ancient Cheating ?
              heheh yeh, it would be interesting to know if Arthur is indeed an Ancient - he might well be one, or a human who has used the technologies of the Ancients to go on his quest with the other knights. I can't really believe the lot of them are Ancients, though. That just seems a little extreme - and if they are indeed soldiers/warriors, it does pretty much go against the Ancient m-o, for the most part.

I wonder also how TPTB tie them all into the Ori story arc... maybe they all come riding in in their posse on some silver horses, with the Holy Grail in their possession ready to smite the Ori once and for all right in the nick of time?

And who the hell was this Mordrid character Arthur and the other knights of the round table were battling in the SG universe? It would be interesting to speculate on his identity... but too far in the past, I think to have any actual bearing on the series now.

Capt

Comment

is this GW News Post from an upcoming GW interview with Brad Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                  is this GW News Post from an upcoming GW interview with Brad Wright?
                  Not entirely sure.. just did a breeze through of that article just then, and it did mention that Brad Wright sat down to do an interview with GW after he was quoted. But that's definitely too short a piece for a few interview by GW-standards. Doesn't say it's from an 'uncoming' full interview, as far as I can gather, but it SEEMS like it would be.

Just have to wait and see there, not sure to be honest.

Capt

Comment

And who the hell was this Mordrid character Arthur and the other knights of the round table were battling in the SG universe?
                    I don't know how it played out in SG universe but Mordred was the illegitimate son of Arthur and Morgan LeFay(?), who was evil by the way.

Comment

Yep, it's excerpted from our full Brad interview, which will be along down the road. Not quite as quickly as Rob's showed up -- we have some actor interviews we want to get published first!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

lol did anyone else get a bit 'wtf ' with that title?. Adria is the Ori Cheating. Wouldn't 'The Ori are cheating with Adria' be better? o.O

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          The Ori are cheating with Adria' be better?
                          ^With Whom? Oma? (Little Joke).

Also, about Mordred, wasn't Morgan LeFay Arthur's Half-Sister? If so... *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                            ^With Whom? Oma? (Little Joke).

Also, about Mordred, wasn't Morgan LeFay Arthur's Half-Sister? If so... *shudders*
                            Yes.

Spoiler:
                            Hmm, interesting, the girl set to play both the 7 yr old Adria is going to be in both No Man's Land and the season opener. Hmm...
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I thought that the Orii were cheating already when they altered the DNA of the Priors. Then again when they gave them the technology to build their ships. If I recall the Ancients forced Orlin to stay on that planet as punishment because he gave technology to people who couldn't handle it properly. So, shouldn't creating with Adria be the straw that breaks the camal's back?
                              Last edited by Amanda Eros; 16 April 2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X