Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel freyr's mother's Avatar

Default Should we storm their cityship? SPOILERS

Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Default Re: Should we storm their cityship? SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by freyr's mother
    Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.
    if they could gate in, a small strike force at first to take and secure the gate room. then atlantis could open a safe wormhole and send as many troops as they wanted. I wonder will the new enemy have weapons like the ancients had in Aurora.

Major General

I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...

Second Lieutenant somethinghuman's Avatar

Cool idea but for one we can't kick their butts so easily if they are a recurring enemy and two, what would they do with it. They could take the ZPM, or get reinforcements from earth to man the new city but with the Ori making a holiday destination of the Milky Way, how many can they spare??

Tatics. I'm thinking the Ancients have got to have more than one of those "personal shield" things that Rodney was so fond of in Hide and Seek, and they can cloak a city..... so I'm thinking personal cloaks to infiltrate and then personal shields when things get down and dirty.
    Last edited by somethinghuman; April 14th, 2006 at 10:50 PM.

we'd get seriously owned

no reason

It would be like the chess club trying to storm the Whitehouse.

The are artificial life with the technology and knowledge of the Ancients.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...zpah/MySig.jpg

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Quote Originally Posted by jenks
    I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...
    Yeah, I agree. No way we would just storm in and take the ZPMs.

Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.

They could get the Asgard to make more of those replicator disruptor weapons, a few hundred should do the trick, well that is to say if the Asurans aren't immune to this technology, since given all logical conclusion they have encountered it before. But, they are already going to find another Fifth, a machine wanting to reach ascension, I wonder if it is possible, all things being equal I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples_General
    Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.
    so true since the replicators are based off the Asurans Cyborg technology they would have weapons that penetrate Ancient shielding and not to mention the fact there stargate would have a shield and it would not work unless the ship is stationary

Replicators pwned the Asguard because they knew how to penetrate there very advanced shielding i think the Asurans would know how to break the personal shields so that would be a bad tactic

Second Lieutenant Primus Commander Woden's Avatar
    basement trying to make a toaster into a Stargate

Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...

Quote Originally Posted by Primus Commander Woden
    Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...
    true they are essentially using ancient technolog the anicents never ever though they would have to defend against somebody using there own technology against them so they just intergrated the DNA key into there systems, and because the Asurans were made in there image they would have the DNA code in them

the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed

Wouldnt that likely destroy the control consoles.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Unamed
    the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed
    Unless the Gate Shield is up - then splat bye bye jumper
    http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3609/atlantis2os2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_the_Wraith
    Unless the Gate Shield is up - then splat bye bye jumper
    Ya see, i'm not so sure about that. We know atlantis' shield lets jumpers through as we saw in Rising 1, but they had to lower the gate shield in Rising 2 for the jumper to go through. Could that be because the atlantis expedition didn't know that the shield would let jumpers through.

Anyway, the whole storming the city thing is all based on the assumption that there is a gate in their cityship. In the tower, the chair platform was in place of the gate.

Best Stargate quote:
    Green is your friend.

So, then what?

1. Gate In: Iris...Splat.

2. After that, Bomb the Hell outa the Gateroom with Drones: The Gateroom Colapses on us...Splat.

3. Storm the Building with Troops: Advanced Lantien Tech...Boom! Shoot! Replcator Hand-Knife thing...Stab!

4. Evade the Asuran troops & Run through the Corridors: City LockDown, Trapped, or, a quote from Futurama: Fire, in the Vicinity of Leela. They could just spray us with Teflon Gas or the lantien Holocaust Equivalent. Gased...Dead.

5. Stealth Around the City: Sensors...Beep! Beep! Shot.

6. Find the ZPM. Then what?

7. Make it Back to The PJ & hope that it's not been comandeered by Asuran troops whilst we've been gone.

8. Dial the Gate, hope somebody doesn't raise the Iris in the Asuran Control room.

9. Fly into Space: get shot down by Drones or Other PJs, then what? Fly for 100 lightyears to the next Gate? 100+ years? Ouch!

10. Err... Hope that Nobody was Switched with an Asuran Spy in SGA Personell form?...

You see?! Hopeless... We'd get Pwned, Owned & then have our Assurans handed to us...

Rattata

As far as I can tell, we have no way of gaining any kind of tactical advantage over them... until tptb present evidence otherwise. We'll be owned the moment we dial in... unless of course we send in a RC jumper with a Mark 9/10 naquadria enhanced nuke? Although I don't really see the point...

crap we really made the Asurans city-ship and it ZPMS making factory because back in the milky way we are being invade by the ori and we made to fight them off

No chance of storming the ship, the Orion may be albe to penetrate the City-Ships shielding but then the Shields are energy repulsing and the Drones are not Energy based, they are physically soild objects so they may pass through the ships shielding

and also the stargate will have a shield no chance of entrance and also if you do get in, you'll be destroyed b4 you have chance to react

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast