No announcement yet.

Doomsday (2813/213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent catch on the Yvvone bit and our reality!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
      I don't know who she is but I resented her presence.
      She's the one with the annoying "Am I Bovvered" catchphrase

Comment

Let's see a Cyberman stand up to THAT!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

mabey the emotianal inhibitator just didnt work?
          Prohaps?
          Hola

Hello

Comment

That was a good episode, but it wasn't great.

R.T.D. stated that this episode was epic (in DW:C), but it just didn't have the atmosphere. I mean, all of the action was centred on Canary Wharf, and some unspecified bridge with all of about 10 soldiers versus the same number of Cybermen. Oh, and a street with some unimportant family in it. There was no sense of grand scale.

The Daleks were great, as usual, but I was hoping that the PTB wouldn't resort to the same enemy they used for last season's finale. The show has to move on a bit. And the constant reappearance of the Daleks makes the Doctor look idiotic too. He apparently killed all of his kind to destroy the Daleks but millions escaped. The Dalek in Dalek, the Dalek Emperor, the Daleks in the void ship, the ones in the Genesis Ark... Sounds like the Doctor did a shoddy job at eliminating the Daleks.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            My GOD, the shippiness made me want to DIE. The Doctor really was about to say he loved Rose. NO, GOD NO, WHY!?!?!]
            My sentiments exactly. Urgh. They crossed the line with the ship, like with the Doctor's line: 'I'm blowing up a star just to see you,' (or something like that).

The only other minor fault: Cyber-Yvonne. It just didn't seem possible to me, especially when she started crying.

Still, there were lots of good points. I thought the Dalek/Cyberman stand-off and the trading of insults between them was great. The Daleks are still great, and their interrogation of the Torchwood scientist at the beginning showed that they haven't lost their ruthlessness. I liked the last-minute surprise that stopped Rose from disappearing into the Void, which I wasn't expecting. And finally, the Genesis Ark was a great idea.

A good story, overall, I thought: 8/10

Comment

Let's see a Cyberman stand up to THAT!
              So they probably took out the major weaponry on their initial assault when they crossed over, and the guys on the bridge were just one of a few pockets of resistance left

As for Yyvonne, she went into the chamber with pride and a strong mind and sense of duty, rather than screaming and weak-minded like many others. That may have had something to do with it.
              You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
              And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

One last ditch attempt to overpower the Cybermen and possibly being killed in the process sounds much better to be than walking into the cyber-fryer.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

One last ditch attempt to overpower the Cybermen and possibly being killed in the process sounds much better to be than walking into the cyber-fryer.
                  Well, they needed a Deus ex machina

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
                    Well, they needed a Deus ex machina
                    Wish I knew what one of those was...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wish I knew what one of those was...
                      It's when something unexpected arrives at the last moment and saves the day.

Comment

Am I bovvered though...whatever!!!
                        Catherine Tate...WTF!!!!

'All of this has happened before
                        And all of this will happen again
                        So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
                          It's when something unexpected arrives at the last moment and saves the day.
                          Cheers

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Cheers
                            For Trivia's sake, Deus Ex Machina more or less means 'god-sent'.

Comment

Now I though the episode was great . The Cybermen and the Daleks taunting each other was funny, and the cybermen got there assed kicked royally, the very end was good, you have to have things like that to make the doctor 3D, not just someone who can just leave someone behind with no emotion, he isn't a cyberman.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Well,

1. The trash talk between the Daleks and Cybermen was class.

2. CyberYvvone....hmmm deus ex machina = story's Achilles heel.

3. Liked Pete and Jackie but that last scene between the Doctor and Rose was sludgy as hell.

4. IMDBd Catherine Tate...hmmm...'think' I know who she is now. I'll wait till Xmas to judge her.

Overall, reckon last week had the edge but a generally solid sign off. Rose will leave a bloody big gap.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X