• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday (2813/213)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    DOOMSDAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2813

Earth's future -- and Rose's life -- hang in the balance when the armies of the Cybermen and the Daleks invade from beyond our universe and go to war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:30 PM.

Amazing Season Finale

All Round Drama, Tension and saddness.

I'll post more tomorrow - glad that Rose didn't die.

Comment

I'm still in shock, I think! It was amazing, especially Cyberyvonne! I loved the childish arguing between the daleks and the cybermen, and despite the ship at the end, I really loved it. Catherine Tate?!?! WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO! The only thing that really annoyed me was that whole Pete/Jackie running towards each other etc. I just laughed when my dad started yelling at the screen "How can you cyber Yvonne and leave that cow Jackie alone?!"
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

OMG!

Okay, I was worried this was going to be crap, but it was pretty amazing. I KNEW it wasnt Davros (okay hoped, they cant pull off him OR The Master yet IMO) in the arc! A prison was a pretty good idea really, simple and likely, very nice. I read someone who pretty much described how it would end, so well done to them, and thank God they found a good way to get Rose out without killing her, and the "This is the story of how I died" was nicely planned out.

I dont know about the rest of you, but the shippyness was well dealt with IMO, its good to know that The Doctor can feel love, but is never allowed it, the Universe wont let him, that IMO was great writing.

Two grouches, the Dalek Sumpreme seemed a bit too human for my likeing at certain points, and Cyber-Yvonne shouldnt have been possible.

Pro's, along with the Eternals last week, Skaaro got a mention this week! Yay!

It'll be odd without Rose, but life goes on!
        10/10!

Bring on Christmas! No, bring on October and Torchwood!
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It was excellent a great end to the second series and had practically everything you would want for a finale.
          A fantastic banter between the Daleks and Cybermen hurling insults at each other Cheesy
          Supreme Dalek : You are only superior to us in one way, you are better at Dying !!!!
          The Supreme Dalek went out of phase. Obviously surviving and it will be great to see its return in series 3.
          The Return of Mickey, Pete and the Priors was great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! expecially with that moment between Pete and Jackie
          The Doctor seperated from Rose. Even though roginally I couldnt wait for Rose to leave that moment was quite heartbreaking.
          If everything is parallel e.g Parallel Torchwood Perhaps we may end up with a Parallel Doctor next season ???
          Although the ending with Catherine Tate was a bit bad. I was expecting her to say am I bovverd or something. Tongue
          Superb acting from all the cast and superb Directing from Graham Harper

One question I wonder what happens if you watch that episode with 3d glasses on ???
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

excellent episode, my only problem is that the genesis ark only
            Spoiler:
            contained loads of daleks, and not davros

Comment

That was bloody awesome. Loved the Dalek/Cyberman name calling. It was such a sad ending up until the point where Cathering Tate appeared and ruined it.

Comment

Oooh, my poor Doctor.

Oh, I need a hug...

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

So the ark was a TARDIS-style prison...nice, wasn't expecting that. Rose got her family back, but lost the doctor, and he went back to being alone, poor bloke. In other words, if you travel with him, there nothing else, it's the universe or your mum, and sadly for him, that means he can't form long-term relationships for his companions sake. Also liked the Supreme Dalek escaping-we can't go through the 11th, 12th and 13th doctors without them. Oh, and of course, millions of Daleks and Cybermen blowing the crap out of each other

I can't say much about the ending, except the doctor's words were the same as mine.
                  You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                  And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                    Oooh, my poor Doctor.

Oh, I need a hug...
                    *hugs silverdamascus*

What an amazing episode, I'm too emotional to post anything at the moment (been blubbing like a bairn).

Comment

brilliant. Just brilliant!
                      love the Genisis Arc prison
                      And the Dalek escaping, it would be silly to kill him off.
                      Dalek and cybermen bickering was good.
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

Bloody superb episode I loved the fact that the family stayed together. David Tennant and Billie Piper acted their socks off in this, I managed to keep my chin up until the final shots with the Doctor with tears running down his face then the dam burst. Then &$%£ing Catherine Tate has to &*%£ing well spoil it, I half expected her to say "Tardis, Doctor, am I bovvered" that really spoiled the end for me. Apart from that apology for a comedienne at the end I thought this was one of the best of the series.

Comment

Ok. I'm going to be hated for this...

Good. But certainly not great.

Problem 1.

Where the hell was our military? Where were the bombers, the fighter Jets, the SAS storming the Torchwood Tower, UNIT, apache Helicopters mowing down cybermen in the streets, WHERE WAS OUR ARMY!?

Oh yes, on a bridge. And even once they'd sucesfully taken out a cyberman with an RPG, where were the REST of the RPGs?

Problem 2.

My GOD, the shippiness made me want to DIE. The Doctor really was about to say he loved Rose. NO, GOD NO, WHY!?!?!

Problem 3.

How the hell did every Dalek and cyberman swarm through ONE window into Torchwood tower, no crashing through windows or walls? Hmm.

Problem 4.

Yyvone retained her individuality!? Hell love for Queen and country isn't THAT strong, I don't care which BNP convention you look at.

Problem 5.

Why the hell does Time lord technology look like it was made by Dalek Inc?

Problem 6.

When the Doctor did his little Sonic Scredriver talk why the hell did the Cybermen AND Jake's gang break through the SAME door, TOGETHER. Upgrading put on hold is it?

Problem 7.

Would you walk into becoming a cyberman or would you run and get shot? I know which I'd do...

Problem 8.

Anyone want to use any of the alien weaponry sitting down in the Torchwood vaults?

Problem 9.

Why the HELL were the co-ordinates 666,666 for the void? I mean MY GOD.

Things I liked:

Dalek - Cybermen banter. Sweet.

Dalek scenes before they met the Cybermen.

General feel of the episode before it went shippy.

Mickey kicked ass.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            Then &$%£ing Catherine Tate has to &*%£ing well spoil it, I half expected her to say "Tardis, Doctor, am I bovvered" that really spoiled the end for me. Apart from that apology for a comedienne at the end I thought this was one of the best of the series.
                            I don't know who she is but I resented her presence.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

FOB, I somehow didn't get the impression that it was Yvonne's love for queen and country, I more got the impression that cybermen remove emotion and Yvonne was supposedly a cold, heartless b**** beforehand, so turning her into a cyberman didn't change much *shrug*.

The thing I'm more interested in is the fact that Yvonne only belongs in this reality. Does that mean she wasn't sucked into the void and we'll be seeing cyberyvonne again?
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                              X