• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear Her (2811/211)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    FEAR HER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2811

In the year 2012, London prepares to host the Olympic games -- while on a quiet neighborhood street children are vanishing, victims of a young girl whose drawings come to life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:32 PM.

The episode all in all was a bit cheesy, I have to say. It felt like Olympics propaganda, love and fuzziness and all that kinda stuff. But there were bits I really enjoyed, like the Inspector Morse references.

Next week's trailer, though. WOW!!!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Its was quite creepy though, though i'll admit its not very good, but better than last weeks, the best part of the whole episode was the trailer and OMG were screwed, darleks, cybermen, and torchwood, 3 enemies and no tardis....

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Liked the joking around between the Doctor and Rose but the main plot was a bit dull. Having the girl whisper all her lines when she was posessed by the flower thingy just sounded a bit stupid.
        The last 5 minutes or so with the Doctor carrying the olympic torch of rainbows and fluffiness were pretty bad. I felt like I was being beaten over the head when Rose was going on about how nothing could ever possibly happen to her. I was expecting something a lot better from the guy who wrote 'Life on Mars'.

Comment

Well I like this episode, it wasn't the best episode but it was way better than "New Earth" and "Love and Monsters". I liked the whole thing with the Doctor carrying the torch, but I think Rose could have worked out that everyone was coming back to life at the place they disappeared. What I did like was the trailer for next weeks episode, it looks sooooo good.

Comment

I'm sorry, but since when did the Olympic torch become a symbol of hope for all man kind? And the end bit with the Doctor and the torch...? Totally saw it coming. And Im torn between going - "Yay Doctor!" and "My God it "Ghostbusters II all over again!"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wel;l It was a poor episode and in my opinion worse than last weeks flop.
              Syaing that next weeks ep looks Brilliant.
              Damn BBC making us wait a week !!!!!!!!! For Torchwood, Cybermen, Daleks and Ghosts WOw :O
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Oh...come on...

1. The first few mins I was just waiting to see who'd get snatched next.

2. Of course when Rose tried going into Chloe's room I immediately thought of what happened to her in The Idiot's Lantern.

3. OK...so the commentator ramblings were a bit corny.

Overall, it felt like what Love and Monsters should have been like. Corny themes but this time it got away with it.

Having said that - I still expect next week to blow it off the map!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A bit predictible, but I liked it. The stuff with Rose at the end WAS a bit heavy-handed, though. Might have been interesting to see what Scribbleworld was like and why/how the Isolus(?) could interact with them THERE but not out in the "real world" but I guess that's asking a bit much.

Loved the tarmac guy. The Batty Old Woman, though... I kinda liked her, but at the same time it would have been nice to know why she had a sense about what was wrong when no one else did. Otherwise it reduces her to nothing but background color. Oh, and that cat SO should have disappeared right out of Rose's arms. That being said, I'm disappointed in the Doctor for not making a Schrodinger about the cat in the box...

Was there a Torchwood reference this week? 'Cause I didn't catch it.

Oh, and as for the ball bearings you can eat... that's really weird, because I was just thinking about those last night. Dunno why, but I was thinking about making cookies at my Grandma's house and how much I LOVED those ball bearing things. They didn't taste very good, but they were shiny and rolled all over the counter and I loved it. Weird that they show up on Who.

Next week's ep looks fantastic!

Comment

This ep didn't do much for me.

It was a great concept, but I found the execution lacking.

The move from buildup to realizing it was the girl seemed to drag on and then suddenly be rushed.

The Doctor carrying the Olympic torch seemed really silly. Beyond silly.

Then there was Rose who pretty much solved everything on her own, but then could't figure out that everybody was reappearing where they disappeared and was all worried about why the Doctor didn't show up in the house or on the street.

I don't mind if they write her silly one ep, brilliant the next and damsel in distress the next, but please try to keep the intelligence level within the same ep.

overall outta

previews for next week looked awesome.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I thought this was great. With Doctor Who, I often need to see the episodes more than once to really appreciate them, but this one had me hooked from the start. Loved the little things like the finger pointing, finger on the lips, the TARDIS needing to be turned 90 degrees, and the whole Olympics 2012 setting had my heart beating just a bit faster. (I'm an Olympics junkie.)
                      As for the story, it felt so Doctor Who; being trapped inside a drawing is a terrifying idea. The girl was really good, and I always enjoy seeing Nina Sosanya on screen.

I switched to another channel as soon as the trailer for next week started; I so don't want to see that trailer. I've already been spoiled about three things, I hope nothing else joins that list.

Comment

what a great cheesy ep!
                        Very disappointed about the lack of Schroedinger comment, and it beggars belief that there wasn't widespread panic (and still running with the flame!) when 80,000 people vanished but...

I loved it.

Loved the "Lewis" comment and the tarmac guy, and I loved how they got round the freezing cold weather during the Olympics

Apart from a Schroedinger reference, i would have liked a very fleeing (even if only visual) reference to England having won the world cup in 2006 - that would have been very good.

So far the Gruesomes haven't mentioned if it was really scary to have that picture in the wardrobe...
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pB6p...%20of%20ghosts
                          That was the best part of the episode, yes the Doctor carrying the torch was abit silly, but then again, not as silly as Love and Monsters, and next week looks so good.
                          Hola

Hello

Comment

Could have been better, but it was OK for what it was and really it was a filler eppy, I also think younger kids would have liked it more then us older ones. It was lamely predictable and if Rose hugs him one more time...

The child was not the best actor in the world better casting there was needed given how many lines she had to deliver and the 'channeling' was just silly.

Loved the part when he says he was a dad, the look on Rose's face...

Next week? Well I wouldn't miss that for quids.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                              Loved the part when he says he was a dad, the look on Rose's face...
                              loves that too
                              Apparently there was a Torchwood refference.
                              Originally posted by Wikipiedia
                              The reporter on BBC News 24 mentions Torchwood when he is shocked about the disappearance of the stadium spectators.
                              Can anyone varify this.
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                              X