No announcement yet.

Love & Monsters (2810/210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love & Monsters rock on every level posible.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

this is an ok episode but its not one of my faves i found it a bit boring the only thing good about it was when roses mum got upset and rose came back to yell at him about it when there is and alian trying to kill him and she say no one upsets my mum lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Love & Monsters rock on every level posible.
        'Rock'. Like the girl's face. I see what you did there.
        Poor Elton's between a rock and a hard place. Or, at least, his love life is.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

lol i like that and i do feel for him having a girlfriend that pavement but o well at lest she didn't die. oo and do u ever wander what would happen if they broke up.
          sigpic

Comment

As someone said before [was it me?], he'd break her.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

lol true
              sigpic

Comment

I must have ranted about this in a dozen other threads and places, but really, that one little joke in the end is just that - one little joke. Love & Monsters is such a beautiful human story about life and the choices people make about how to live it, and an extemely clever undercurrent about the Doctor and the negative side of his brilliance and how he affects people around him and how he doesn't always notice the people who suffer because of him when he's busy saving the worldm tha I'm not going to be botehred by the implication of oral sex between a guy and his girlfriend-turned-pavement.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

It gives 'pounding the pavement' a whole new meaning.

I realize you like the episode and, God help me, that's your right. For me, the touching and a bit obvious analogy between the support group of Doctor 'survivors' and Doctor Who's fans themselves was nice. Apart from that, the cement tongue was the biggest thing to stand out. And I don't mean that to sound tongue in ceme... cheek.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

that just showes he does do good he saves people and he has feelings
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      It gives 'pounding the pavement' a whole new meaning.

Comment

i agree that he does have an effect on everyone he has been in contact with and this episode does show that there are negative effects of him saving the world
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol at the "have a bit of a love life" comment...
                          sigpic

Comment

Me too. But the ep was full of innuendo, if you choose to see things that way. Good for a laugh, although I expect this is one of the eps I'd enjoy more if I were slightly drunk.
                            sigpic

Comment

Still agree with myself...
                              sigpic

Comment

Lots of interesting ideas but poorly executed. I'm okay with episodes with less Doctor but the story has to be compelling and the characters really interesting (like Blink). Neither were present in this episode. The villain of the week was overly cheesy especially when it showed its true form. It may have been better if he stayed human and just some sort of evil government agent who wants to capture the Doctor. Visually, the entire episode looks bad.

There were some fun moments. I'm not really familiar with ELO but I did like their use here. I liked how the LINDA were developed. A bunch of outsiders finding love and friendship but tragically ended. Exploring Jackie's loneliness was interesting. The limited times we saw the Doctor and Rose was fun too.

Comment

Working...
                                X