No announcement yet.

Love & Monsters (2810/210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think the character was severely poorly used.

As for Torchwood. Let's look at the evidence, shall we?

Sighting 1: "Bad Wolf" - Weakest Link Question

Well its REALLY far in the future, it probabley came out.

Sighting 2: "Tooth & Claw" - Queen Victoria,

Well it was the first time she had the idea so...

Sighting 3: "School Reuinion" - Blocked Net Page

Basically, the EXISTENCE of Torchwood isn't secret, but what they do obviously is... otherwise they wouldnt have their name as a big block screen.

Sighting 4: Rise of The Cybermen

Alt Reality - Forget it.

Sighting 6: The Satan Pit

Well it was once again in the future, so it probabley came out, if not, it was still a Torchwood Captain tlaking about it.

Sighting 7: Love & Monsters.

The Abzorblamoff, probabley knew about Torchwood through evil alien spy tech or whatever, eithe rway, he was an alien and he stole files...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh dear. Please don't throw cabbages at me but -

:: gulp ::

- I liked it.

I thought Elton was really lovely. I liked the little gang of friends, and the way Elton described each of them he made them feel real pretty much before we'd met them. I found the format of the show, especially the narration, very un-who; I didn't really mind. Odd, because I loathed Citizen Joe, which was also a look at the Heroes through the eyes of some random chap the Heroes never knew or never thought about. But Elton was just so nice.

And I know the humour was a bit juvenile, but it was funny and juvenile. They're not mutually exclusive, I think. LOL at the 'infiltration' of poor Jackie.

I did have a problem with the non-linear nature of the story, because Firstborn couldn't cope and kept asking questions so I didn't hear the dialogue; which was a shame because it was good stuff, well delivered (except myrtle's and Peter Kay's was too camp). But the concept of the monster was really good.

I'll be rewatching it.

Madeleine

Comment

The Moaning Myrtle thing was actually a bit distracting. I didn't realize how distinct a voice Shirley has.

Yeah, it was a lame, cheesy ep, but I didn't hate it. I liked that it tied in to past eps of the show and while the Torchwood thing was a little heavy-handed (as usual) the Bad Wolf virus was kinda neat. I actually found myself wondering if Jack scuttled the information himself in order to try and protect Rose. Logistically that probably doesn't work, but it made me smile to think about it.

I loved Elton. He's a bit of a twit, but he's an adorable twit and while the dancing around got over-used, it WAS kinda funny the first time or two. Just like Jackie to try and lure him in, too, and him apparently not realizing it until the final cornering.

Resurrecting the girlfriend as a slab was creepy and stupid. And creepy. And stupid, too. There was no continuity error, though, as the scene where Elton and Ursula are walking along by his old house was filmed before everything happened. Or I assumed it was, 'cause she asks him what happened and he says he doesn't remember. Or something to that effect.

If this was supposed to be an "outsider's view of Who" type ep (Like Lower Decks or Other Guys or By Any Means Necessary(was that the B5 one?)) then it failed miserably. I hope they don't do another ep like this and there are a lot of ways that it could have been MASSIVELY improved and tightened up (either lose the "talking to the camera" bit or end it with someone popping the tape out and sticking it in the Torchwood Archives- bit more subtle of a reference) but I still think that Idiot's Lantern was worse.

I'm with Mads. I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          ... end it with someone popping the tape out and sticking it in the Torchwood Archives- bit more subtle of a reference
          THAT would've been the best Toorchwood reference since Tooth & Claw.

Madeleine

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!! Marc Warren!! I thought I knew that name! He's playing Teatime in the Hogfather movie. TEATIME!!! AAAHHHH!!!

*runs away screaming*

Having the hots for Teatime. That's so... so... so... wrong... To say nothing of dangerous.

Comment

Well, that was a bit different...

For a while there I thought... "oh, flashback episode..." Dr Who with a flashback episode was a novelty and some one had the taken a leaf out of Stargate. But it turned into something else.

It wasn't a bad episode but I would have liked to have seen more of the Doctor... That's my only beef.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm not sure about this episode. There were parts when I wasn't really bothered, but other parts which were really good. Very up-and-down episode.
                It was a good premise (kind of like a cross between 'Heroes Part 1' and that Buffy episode where Andrew is making a film), but they didn't quite pull it off. Too much of Elton talking at the camera, and the bit where 'LINDA' starts just hanging out was a bit long.

6/10 ("Klum" gets it an extra mark).

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                  I'm not sure about this episode. There were parts when I wasn't really bothered, but other parts which were really good. Very up-and-down episode.
                  It was a good premise (kind of like a cross between 'Heroes Part 1' and that Buffy episode where Andrew is making a film), but they didn't quite pull it off. Too much of Elton talking at the camera, and the bit where 'LINDA' starts just hanging out was a bit long.

6/10 ("Klum" gets it an extra mark).
                  I have to agree with you Naonak, I'm not sure. I liked it, but it wasn't the best of episodes. I mean, I like how it wasn't all about the doctor, and it was a different type of story, but parts were a little... i dunno, off... that's the only word for it. Off. I did like it though. I would watch it again.

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

I loved it until we actually saw the Abzorblomoff.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I did like it except the girlfriend should have died. Before that it felt real - resurrecting her made it tacky and stupid.

but overall it was an interesting change - definatly needed more doctor though!

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Well, this was certainly... different. At first I thought it was going to be a clipshow like Letters From Pegasus. Not enough of the Doctor and Rose in my opinion. I think this one falls into the same category as The Girl In the Fireplace - I definitely won't be rewatching it.

Comment

Well this episode had lots of bad points, which all have been said, but a good point is you see how the doctor affects other people without realising it. We hear about things like that. Anyway 4/10, just.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Didn't like it much, although there was still some of that brilliant Who dialogue in there ("Clum!" ).
                            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

I liked the X-Filey music riff they kept playing. I'd been wondering if the "Mr Skinner" thing was just a coincidence, but the music made me think maybe the name was intentional.

Comment

I thought I could hear X-Filey music LOL, I quite liked the ep, I think it was either that or a clip show. Quite a bold move and I think they pulled it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X