• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Satan Pit (2809/209)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    THE SATAN PIT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2809

With their slaves taken over by a demonic being inside the center of the planet, the researchers and Rose fight to survive inside the station -- while the Doctor descends into the abyss below.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:35 PM.

Surely if there is evil there must be good so if there is the Beast or Satan where is God? I hope that they will portray a god like creature in a future episode.

Before the Doctor fell into the pit I think he should have dropped something to see how far down it was.

On the whole, a very engaging episode although I was afraid at the end that they would portray the beast like an ascended being.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

It was good, but I think the ship might have taken that one step too far. It was cringe worthy enough last week, but now....!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The shipping was disgusting. Absolutely awful.

I'm unsure as to my feelings about the devil ACTUALLY being there. Half of me wants to take an SG1 aproach to this and say well yes, but hes just a creature from before our universe, maybe the universe before ours... he inspired religious accounts of Satan much as the Unas inspired ideas of the demonic...

On the other hand I think its tacky and daft. I just DONT know what to think about this ep other than that I enjoyed it. I WANT to know things. They didnt explain enough.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was good, but not quite as good as the first part. Still, Satan was pulled off brilliantly and Toby holding his mind was even better (when he looked at the Ood with his red eyes, gave me the shivers )

Just the quick cop out at the end, it was obvious that he would find the TARDIS and use it to escape.

Did like the forshadowing though, will Rose die in battle? Lets see what happens.

Rating 8/10
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This episode was just boring I'm afraid. I ended up just switching channels, just returning every now and again to keep up with the plot
            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

I just love the series' reflections on humanity. Easily led and stupid at times but brilliant and ever-curious

The Beast playing on childhood fears was creepy: "The Captain, afraid of command, the soldier, haunted by the memory of the eyes of his wife, the scientist, still running from daddy, the virgin, the little boy that lied, and the lost girl, a long way from home, who will die in battle" (or something along those lines)

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the crew of Sanctury Base in a future episode.

Was it just me or did the Doctor say something along the lines of "Black holes, my people deal with them easy" when he picked them up in the TARDIS. A reference to the Eye of Harmony, perhaps?

Comment

The shipping was disgusting. Absolutely awful.
                What do you mean by this?
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Pretty good. Not as scary as last week but the Ood crawling through the ducts was a bit creepy. I'm going to have to watch it again though because I can still barely hear what anyone is saying. From the preview next week's looks a bit wank.

Comment

I agree with Ptah. Good but not as good as last week. Toby was amazing again, and I still can't get over how uncannily like Bill Nighy that Jefferson guy was. The one annoying thing was the ship taking precedence AGAIN! Whatever happened to Doctor/Companion being a taboo subject
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Rose/Doctor relationSHIP.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I said in the topic on "The impossible Planet" that there was no way that this episode could live up to the expectations the last episode left us with. I was wrong, there was pretty much nothing about this episode I disliked, except maybe the inevitability that the Doctor would find the TARDIS in the pit.

I particulary liked how the Doctor and Rose did not work out everything and left us with unanswered questions about what was going on, it just felt so realistic that the Doctor could not work out everything.

Comment

I wasn't a huge fan of this ep, but I loved the fact that our questions about the beast are never answered. Is this Satan? Is it merely a powerful psychic? Did it really exist before the start of the universe? We don't get answers because the doctor is scared of thinking about them. Usually it's Rose who doesn't understand and the Doctor who explains everything - I like the fact that he doesn't have all the answers.
                          Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I thought this was a good episode.

I just wish they answers a few questions by I did like the way the doctor did not know everything and that he could not even translate the language or new of the beast.

But I love how they did satan or the beast it was brilliant cgi use, almost as good as what you see in the movies, I wonder how much that cost the bbc to do.

I also am wondering if rose will be killed of by the end of the season base on what satan said and who will be involve in the battle, I hope it not it not the same enemy as last season final.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                              Was it just me or did the Doctor say something along the lines of "Black holes, my people deal with them easy" when he picked them up in the TARDIS. A reference to the Eye of Harmony, perhaps?
                              Actually what he said was 'Gravity, schmavity! My people practically invented black holes. Infact, they did!

I thought this was a fantastic episode. Plothole alert!: How could the Doctor had found the TARDIS in the pit? The pit was closed when the TARDIS fell in 'The Impossible Planet', there was no sign of it when the Doctor and Ida are by the pit, then its suddenly in there, standing upright no less!

8/10 final verdict!
                              Last edited by Billz; 11 June 2006, 04:12 AM.
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X