Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only flaw I can find with this episode is this:
    Black. Holes. Do. Not. Work. That. Way.

Until you get into the event horizon, where relativity takes over and the escape velocity exceeds infinity, objects can orbit a black hole the exact same way they can orbit a normal star.
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. 10/10

I even liked the shippiness. The Doctor would never get a mortgage with Rose, but the mere thought of it shows how much he has changed since she became a companion. Despite her shortcomings, which annoy me regularly, she has humanized him.

The Ood aren't my favorite, but my vote is out until the second half airs, and I can live with the space/blackhole factual errors, given that blue phonebooths don't fly through space normally either.

All scifi shows come with glitches that must be accepted: Alien races must have mostly ugly men but only hot women when in the Star Trek universe. All aliens speak English when visiting the Stargate franchise, and Doctor Who viewers must accept science that doesn't work. Oh well.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Loved this episode- definitly see why this show has such a following. It reminds me very much of Hitchhiker's Guide- which I love.

Loved the Ood, I thought they were great, and the poor Tardis! Absolutly agree with the comments on the music, I thought that was lovely as well.

Can't wait for next week, I definitly think that this show will become mandatory viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Loved this episode- definitly see why this show has such a following. It reminds me very much of Hitchhiker's Guide- which I love.
          Actually, Douglas Adams(rest in peace) wrote for the original Doctor Who.
          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
            Actually, Douglas Adams(rest in peace) wrote for the original Doctor Who.
            I knew that!

He died way too young, he probably would have done wonderfully writing for this series.

Comment

"There's something odd...with the Ood." Love that!
              sigpic

Comment

that is a great line
                sigpic

Comment

i felt so bad for the ood
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    i felt so bad for the ood
                    The Ood were treated very badly, it's true. But it made their liberation in "Planet of the Ood" and the interesting civilization they'd created by "The End of Time" that much more satisfying to watch. They were also the first ones to prophesy to the Doctor about the coming cataclysm. They went from being Satan's unwilling pawns to helping the Doctor save all of creation. Definitely a great arc for them.
                    sigpic

Comment

i agree
                      sigpic

Comment

Brilliant 2 parter. Two of the best episodes I've seen so far.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

The tension at the end of this episode, ramping up to the cliffhanger, was outstanding.

Actually, this whole episode can be used as a textbook example of great buildup, culminating in an edge-of-your-seat hook into the second episode.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Cool episode, can't wait to see the rest of it! Best cliffhanger I've seen in a long time.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is one of the creepy ones.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X