The Age Of Steel (2806/206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    umm, ok someone has probably already thought of his, the baddie goes 'i have factories on 7 continents waiting....'

the 7th continent is antarctica. which is mostly unpopulated cept for scientists so how did he build a factory without folks knowing and why waste the resources on a factory when the continent has maybe a few hundred people at most,and that's only during the summer
    This is a parallel Earth, where Atlantis never sunk. The Atlanteans didn't contribute much to Earth's development, although there are many Airship factories there

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam View Post
      It was a great ep. Shame about the cliffhanger tho asit was just resolved far too quickly.
      But I loved this ep.
      The Cyber Controller was so brilliant. He looked so call all shiny and with all those glowing lights. This ep was much more Darker then the first part and it helped change the mood.
      They killed Rickey !!!! and Mickey ended up driving away in a van with that guy from Byker Grove.
      Poor Jackie. She got Cybernised !!!!!!!!! I was like OMG at that point so crazy !!!!!
      The Emotional Cybermen moment was so Cliché . Very Bride of Frankenstien but it worked anyway.
      The Doctor did a little more this ep which was good. Although I didnt like how quickly the cliffhanger was resolved.
      And Rose had her emotinal moments.
      No Torchwood mentions this ep, Thats good since we had two last week.
      Mickey was great in this ep finally living up to his potential. You kind of feel that its a shame he had to go. Oh well.
      One Question... Why no Alternate Doctor ????
      Next weeks ep looks well interesting Tv Monster people !!!.....
      Well the Doctor said that it would end tonight so it did.

As for the AU Doctor I'm not sure it is poissble that there was one but didn't so up. But we have not seen the Time lord's world so maybe he is from another Demension with no AU after all he said that they could go to alternate only when the time lords controled it so maybe his race is one of a kind in all universes.

I liked this episode but what intrset me was the fact that there was a hole in space and time and when you go in there is an army of cybermen on the earth there. I wounder if a cyberman feel threw there to the that Au Earth.

Anyhow was it just me or does enemys the Doctor does not like at all a complex of of destroying things that are not of there make (Darlek Cyberman) and some times converting them to become just like them.
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The Doctor would I assume need help from The Time Lords to enable him to appear in the same time line. Or some evil interfering device.

It has happened but I always assumed it was with The Time Lords consent or interference... I think in the 5 Doctors it was ultimately a Time Lord that brought them together.... So many episodes so much confusion.

Bottom line with Gallifrey presumed gone, and the rest of The Time Lords with it, he can't appear with himself even as a previous reincarnation. *I think* Oh and if you haven't seen Gallifrey you are not missing much.

And on the Cybermen, this version was not frightening at all, I thought they were fairly lame really, I was scared by the ones in Revenge of the Cybermen *which for some reason - location, location* I always confuse with "The Ark in Space" anyway I was a kid then... it didn't take much to scare me.

Comment

This was a awesome episode! The cybermen were Borg-creepy; basically they are (almost) invincible, but they have to touch you to hurt you. Lets you run away but that's about it. Still uber-creepy!

I loveloveloved Mickey to the rescue! He's one of my favourite characters on the show (along with Captain Jack). I always fall in with secondary characters and I don't really know why. I'm devastated that he's gone, but at least he has a purpose now. In my opinion, Rose treated him like a pet or something, and that's just not on. Jake will treat him way better than Rose ever did. You can see the love in his eyes.

I hope we see Mickey again...maybe the Doctor in his reality will show up and make some magic happen.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed Age of steel and how they present the nature of the Cybermen is just scary, they are us, they are merely human beings transformed against their will by a madman.
            The part where a cyberman looks into his own reflection and makes vocals that could be crying was one thing, but the EMPed one reverting to being a bride to be was really tugging at heart strings.

Comment

guess it helped us see that that was it for the doctor when he talked to the cyberman said she was going to get married the next day i think we saw that the doctor no matter how alien he is didn't like what had happened. i also like the part when he was telling micky what to do by saying even an idiot could do it lol that was my fave part and this is one of my fave episodes
              sigpic

Comment

Great episode and great conclusion to the story. But yeah, the cybermen are clunky beyond words, worse even than the cylons in the original BSG.
                sigpic

Comment

Clunky, but frightening nevertheless... I really liked the way Mickey finally found his place, even if he had to stay in a parallel universe. Poor guy, he'd been playing the third wheel for far too long.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X