No announcement yet.

Rise Of The Cybermen (2805/205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got to say even thou i like the last doctor better. so far i liked the 2 season more the the frist. the only thing i dident like about this ep was that it was a 2 parter. so now i have to wait until next week or i guess i could go to youtube but i wait to try not to do that. whats up the glasses thou i noiced in the last eps the doctor has been wearing them. i wonder if he needs them or he just beigns them out to look smarter

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
      With the exception of them being both cybernetic beings, originating from the old series and being a reoccurring enemy, there's nothing that really connects them (though that "Delete" reminds me too much of "Exterminate"). Though there creation in this episode does slightly mirror the Daleks.
      Perhaps it's because I don't know my Who history yet. So far, I'm just seeing more metal critters bent on converting people or killing them. The way the evil villain rounded up and killed homeless people is nearly identical to what the "god" of the Daleks mentioned about winnowing social rejects to find genes worth of being a Dalek.

I also agree that the Delete, Delete is just like the Dalek Exterminate, and the cybermen already seem to dislike the Doctor. Bullets don't work on either species, and neither are good conversationalists right now. So the overlap is rather large. I still enjoyed the episode, but perhaps series 3/29 will introduce a long term villain that isn't made of metal and one that has more than a two-word vocabulary.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Okay, did I miss something or did they cut out the whole "Lion Sleeps Tonight" sequence from this two-parter?

It was still great stuff, though. Doctor Who is very good at humanizing its monsters. And YAY to Mickey! Love him to bits.

Comment

this was a good episode u got to understand Micky more and u got to see what life would be like without rose and if roses dad was successful. i like the comeback of the cyberman but when i saw this episode i wandered if these cyberman like the ones that were in our world would be allergic to gold. we will never know
          sigpic

Comment

Cool episode, and man were those Cybermen more creepy than any robot I've ever seen... Yikes.
            sigpic

Comment

I really didn't like Rose in this one at all, she's far too self-centered.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X