School Reunion (2803/203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billz
    PS: If I was given the chance to bring back the Timelords though, I would've taken it.
    But at what price?

Comment

Yep another good episode... My only complaint was the enemy of the week felt a little too much like the "Join us and we'll rule like gods muahahaha" type baddies. It was great to see Sarah-Jane (she looks good for 58) and K-9 again. I was laughing at Mickey's comment about the missus and the ex having a cat-fight over 'their' man.

The addition of Sarah Jane seemed to me like a plot device to get Mickey to finally join the Doctor and Rose on their adventures. The episode also served to give resolution to Sarah Jane's character after 'her' doctor left her behind.

As for Torchwood references. There were no Torchwood references. Except for the flashing access denied on the computer screen.

Aw, and that final scene, it would've brought a tear to a glass eye. *sniff* But not me. I'm no big softie!

Can't wait for next week's episode with that 51st century spaceship. Hmm, interesting...
      Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 29 April 2006, 01:09 PM.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

This is simply the best episode so far. AST was a brilliant villian. I loved Sarah-Janes 'Oh f(*&!' facial expression when she saw the Tardis for the first time in years. I was annoyed when K9 sacrificed himself in the kitchen. Atleast now theres 'K9 Mark 4' though. 10/10

PS: If I was given the chance to bring back the Timelords though, I would've taken it.
        Just to add something, because of 'Tooth And Claw' last week I was expecting a Torchwood reference (besides Mickeys 'Access Denied' screen) like 'Torchwood Secondary School' or something. Glad it didnt happen, they had already layed on Torchwood thick enough as it is earlier in the series. Also, heres an interesting thing, K9 Mark 4 was behind the Tardis in the ending scenes. I did a Google search after the episode and found this, http://www.paratime.ca/v_and_v/pics/k9_mk5.jpg

That was an official design by the BBC for K9 And Company years ago, im glad they didnt try to use it in 'School Reunion'.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Loved this episode.

My Dad's a headmaster though Although, to the best of my knowledge, he has no desire to control the universe ...I hope...

Comment

Im glad he thought it over if he said no first thing, then he would have been in thought the rest of the show. Also, i wonder if anyone will write a fanfic (hint hint) on if he said yes. Plot Bunny for adoption here!

Great ep tho!
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

This is simply the best episode so far. AST was a brilliant villian. I loved Sarah-Janes 'Oh f(*&!' facial expression when she saw the Tardis for the first time in years. I was annoyed when K9 sacrificed himself in the kitchen. Atleast now theres 'K9 Mark 4' though. 10/10

Tecnically its Not K-9 Mark 4 its just K-9 Mark 3 updated as K-9 said 'Master found me and fixed me' or something along those liunes.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi girl
                Loved this episode.

My Dad's a headmaster though Although, to the best of my knowledge, he has no desire to control the universe ...I hope...
                I wonder how many kids will go back to school on Tuesday and give the headmaster a wide berth and give up school chips

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                  I wonder how many kids will go back to school on Tuesday and give the headmaster a wide berth and give up school chips
                  Not to mention attempt to blow the place up... then again, if my school is anything to go by, theres already a lot of people trying that
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

^Same here!
                    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                    LOVE HIM-> DT
                    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Are you chemisty studants by any chance?

Comment

OK...

1. Only know of SJS from reading up on Who history but she was pretty solid, good when the Doctor came in and she and Rose were laughing their heads off!

2. K9: We're in a car

3. Certainly interesting bad guys, would be even more interesting to know the Doctor's exact motivation for turning the Cystalines down.

4. Mickey's going to be joining the TARDIS crew? Cool

Overall, I'd say Tooth and Claw has the edge on this but this is still cool.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I think I've seen a couple of SJS stories on UKGold. The Loch Ness Monster comment certainly jogged a memory. That was a really nice segue from girlfight to girly pals, that line .

She's NEVER 58. Or she has a picture in the attic.

ROFL at "we are in a car". I liked K9 when I was little, nice to know he still works... after a fashion .

And it was so heart-wrenching, all the stuff about being left behind. "Pain and loss define us as much as joy," and "Some things are worth getting your heart broken for." Bittersweet in the best way.

Madeleine

Comment

LOVELOVELOVE this ep! Oh wow. So much goodness! The Doctor's awe and happiness at Sarah Jane, SJ's full gamut of emotions at the Doctor, the SJ interaction with Rose... this was an emotions-rich ep with a little something for everyone. And K-9!!! I have never seen you before, but I love you!!

And Mickey's line, "Oh my god... I'm the tin dog!" ROTFL!

ASH was fantastic! Everyone was fantastic! Loved Milo. So much more than just the Obnoxiously Smart Kid. And Kenny! He didn't die! I'd never seen Sarah Jane before tonight (I'll catch up on history some day) but her scenes were so powerful, and the ending... *sniff*

Wow. What a great ep. I wonder how long Mickey will last as a companion. Has anyone started a pool yet?

Comment

*sniff*
                              *reaches out for more tissues*

Sarah Jane Smith... K9... What else is there to say? *sniff*

I LOVED Sarah Jane... she was always one of my favourite companions along with The Brig... Ian and Barbara... So that last ten minutes was gold... pure gold...

The alien of the week story was pretty much by the numbers but it was the Sarah Jane/K9 reunion that made it extra special. Still, all that time of watching Dr Who, I never once thought there was romance in the air. Watching her with Pertwee then with Baker... I could see some kind of bond between them but my romance radar never went off. It does make sense that there would be some feeling there, something that the show never delved into previously.
                              I'm glad that this occasion gave them both some kind of closure.

I've got to say that David Tennant was quite superb in this episode... he was so comfortable with Lis Sladen... He made their relationship believable, as if they both really had a history.

Finally, yay for Mickey... finally finding the adventurer inside... not wanting to play second fiddle. Good for you. I knew you had it in you.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm in love. *sigh* Absolutely adored every single second of School Reunion. I haven't got the emotional attachment to Sarah Jane and K-9 as I'm sure all the classic Whovians have, as so far I've only seen a few episodes with them, but even so, I thought this was television entertainment at its best.

The Doctor's reaction to seeing Sarah Jane is utterly priceless, and when she realizes it's him... wow, splendid acting and great scripting. Couldn't have been better.

I want a K9 of my own, heh. Or I could try teaching my own canine to talk like that... So cute! "We're in a car." Hehehehe!

Mickey officially a companion, hurrah! But Rose looked rather unhappy; she definitely wanted Sarah Jane to come along instead.

Perfect, just perfect. I've enjoyed all three episodes of this series so far *so much*, if the rest of the series is half as enjoyable, this'll be a heck of a ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X