• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Reunion (2803/203)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    SCHOOL REUNION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2803

On a tip from Mickey the Doctor and Rose investigate a present-day high school, where the new headmaster and teachers are subjecting the students to some very strange education. The Doctor is reunited with a dear friend and former traveling companion, Sarah Jane Smith.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:34 PM.

Loved it! Great to see Sarah and K9 back, Anthony Head was fantastic, only met in talent by David during the pool face off scene. Billie gave her best performance to date, contemplating how her adventures with the Doctor will end. My only real gripe was Mickey, he didnt really seem to do much, didnt seem worth having him around.

The ending, thankfully was not coming out from nowhere, and was thought out properly.

The emotion was all there, The Doctor interacting with both Sarah and K9, and showing us his lonenlyness once again, he might have a new face but he is still feeling guilty over what he did in the war. I think my favourite part had to be the Doctor smashing the screen, he sacrificed the opportunity to get his people back, that is what the Doctor is all about. Special well done to TPTB for not having him turn the opportunity down straight away, he took time to make that choice, it humanises him.

Favourite Quote: "You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I cant spend the rest of my life with you"

Rating: 10/10 (screw it, Mickey's lack of doing much is made up for in the car scene)
    Last edited by The Signal; 29 April 2006, 11:54 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

wow K9 was better than i thaught, although thay should have mede him muck better, like thay did with the daleks, oh well, it was a good laugh and the aliens where pretty cool too.

Comment

Ooh, that was great! The scenes between SJS and the Doctor were really emotional, and Anthony Head's performance was brilliant!

I loved the effects in this episode, and for once, even the music!

And I feel I have to say: I've canoed in that swimming pool! I squeed like a deranged fangirl once I recognized where they were.

Comment

I thought it was brilliant. The pathos as the Doctor and Sarah Jane discussed the fact he had left her. The acting was of a very high standard. And Anthony Head was exceeding creepy.

Comment

and dont forget that mikey's going with them aswell if he's involved it's always going to be fun.

Comment

What can I say, I loved Sarah-Jane in this, it's nice to see what happens to those who get left behind, all that bitterness and sorrow, well done Liz Sladen she did this extremely well. Ok so I was wrong about Anthony Head being the new Master but he was excellent in this, really creepy and the scene around the pool was brilliant, both DT and AH do menacing really well. I have to admit I loved K9 in the Tom Baker era, I must have been one of the few who did and I couldn't wait for him to come back, and I wasn't disappointed and I'm so glad Sarah-Jane got to keep him. The final scene was so well done by both David Tennant and Liz Sladen I had tears in my eyes at the end *Sniff* and the 'B!tch Slapping' between Sarah-Jane and Rose was well done too and I can honestly see it happening too. I think this comes a close second to Tooth and Claw as my favourite episode of the season so far.

Comment

Oh god I want a K9. Poor Sarah, loved this episode.

Comment

OMG This episode was so amazingly fantastically brilliant in every way !!!!
                  For a start it had a brilliant classic villian played by one of my fave actors Anthony Stewart Head who's performance was outstanding !!!
                  Then we had Sarah Jane Smith who is back and as gorgeous as ever
                  K-9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Best Dog in the Universe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 It was so brillaint to see him back and still voiced by John Leeson made the episode even more extra special !!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Mickey was great a brill performance and I loved the fact he screamed like a girl. ALso that car scene was so great to
                  Mickey: We need to get in do you have a lockpick or sometihng?
                  K-9: We are in a car
                  Mickey: You dont understnad we need to get int there
                  K-9 we are in a car
                  Micke Hang on..... We are in a car !!!!!!
                  Brilliant.
                  PLus the Doctor was good too particuarly in The Swimming Pool scene and Sarah's goodbye and so was Rose expecially in the Catfight which was so brilliant too !!!!!!!!!!!
                  All in all a million out of ten this episode is the best of the season and in my opinion the best episode new who has yet offerd us !!!!!!!!!!
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Excellent episode - everything about it worked and for once I wasn't annoyed with Mickey.

K9 "We are in a car" repeat 3 times till Mickey got the idea ~ loved it.

Loved the Doctor's humour in this one - as well.

The scene where Rose and Sarah are discussing who they have encountered was great as well, and Rose looked smashing.

Comment

OMG!!! I loved this episode, it's easily my favourite ep of this series. Very emotional, wonderful acting and a cracking creepy storyline (wasn't Anthony Head a fab baddie?)

Favourite line - "Kenny blew up the school", for some reason that tickled me.

Was I the only one who welled up a bit at the end??

Comment

Fantastic, and might I just say...

The Torchwood reference was perfect! Thats the only way Torchwood should EVER be referenced.

Thes epast two eps have been my favourite of the entire new series (including CE's era), with the only possible exception actually being Parting Of The Ways and Christmas Invasion, and have you noticed how the last two have had an almost X Files sort of feel?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I LOVE THIS EP!

This was by far the best ep so far. The acting was spot on, K9 i have never encountered him before as he was how you say 'Before my time' but i love him now! I want him back!

I love the scenes between Sarah-Jane and Rose, they were so good! Im glad they were okay with each other in the end.

10 out of 10!!!
                          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT
                          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                            (wasn't Anthony Head a fab baddie?)
                            Wasn't he just

Favourite line - "Kenny blew up the school", for some reason that tickled me.
                            Maybe RTD is a South Park fan

Was I the only one who welled up a bit at the end??
                            Nope, guilty as well

Comment

This is simply the best episode so far. AST was a brilliant villian. I loved Sarah-Janes 'Oh f(*&!' facial expression when she saw the Tardis for the first time in years. I was annoyed when K9 sacrificed himself in the kitchen. Atleast now theres 'K9 Mark 4' though. 10/10

PS: If I was given the chance to bring back the Timelords though, I would've taken it.
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                              X