• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tooth And Claw (2802/202)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    TOOTH AND CLAW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2802

After a group of monks seize control of a Scottish estate, the Doctor and Rose find themselves trapped inside with Queen Victoria herself, while a real-life werewolf stalks them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:34 PM.

Awesome episode, I'm still quite stunned by how good that was. It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.

Comment

Right, I thought this was far better than last week. They built up the tension perfectly over the whoel episode, and though the wolf (a stunning bit of CGI) was only in it for the final 15 minutes it felt a lot longer. The Doctor showed us he was till the same curious man as always, calling the wolf "beautiful".
      Billie played Rose much better this week, and David was as good as ever. The Queen was convincing, as was the owner of Torchwood estate.
      I felt the highlight was after the wolf, the scene where the Queen was talking about Torchwood, I got the shivers

My only grumble with it was the quick fix and kung fu monks, I hope that isnt going to be a continuing theme(quick fix, not kung fu monks ).

Favourite quote:

"Thats Beautiful!" simply because it summed the Doctor up perfectly, the danger was there but the Doctor is still admiring the source, excellent!

Score: 9.5/10
      Last edited by The Signal; 22 April 2006, 12:15 PM.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Brilliant episode. Best David Tennant episode so far, and probably one of the best since Doctor Who came back.
        Nice setting up of Torchwood, too.

Comment

Absolutely amazing. I loved it immensely, with a better werewolf than The Prisoner of Azkaban movie, it was awesome. I loved the plot, the acting and everything.

Torchwood! WOO Rock on!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It was great. The Balamory reference and the bet the Doctor and Rose had going were hilarious. Nice to see the doc bouncing around to Ian Dury too. The werewolf looked bloody fantastic. Kung Fu monks seemed a bit out of place but they looked pretty cool.

Comment

This episode was absoloutley brilliant. The Werewolf was fantastic and the Torchwood references were brilliant too. Looks like Torchwood will be out to get the Doctor....
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                Kung Fu monks seemed a bit out of place but they looked pretty cool.
                Yeah, what the hell was that all about???

Comment

I loved this ep! Everything has already been said about it that i would say.

The werewolf was miles better than POA.

Loved the doctor in this ep, it was very good!
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I loved that episode! It felt like perfect Doctor Who. Queen Victoria was brilliant! The special effects were amazing - better than anything from S1!

My only complaint would be that the final scene seemed a bit overdone - the whole setting up of Torchwood could have been a bit subtler. But I understand the need to make sure that casual viewers realise what's going on.

Comment

That was much better than last week. There's still a lot crammed into a 45 min episode though, maybe too much. What a revelation. We now know who started Torchwood, and what it stands for.

I couldn't stop laughing at the "Kung Pow" scene in the courtyard. It was both cool and (I would hope) intentionally funny. Ian Dury and the Blockheads' "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" brought back a lot of memories. "It's nice to be a lunatic."

Originally posted by Egeria
                      It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.
                      hehe You just know Dr Who is working when it scares the bejeezuz out of the weans (kids). I know I used to end up watching from behind the couch when I was a kid.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

It really was a fantastic episode! Im glad im taping the whole series. The torchwood references were a bit overdone for only the second episode but its good to see things like that. Rose's 'the royal family are werewolves!' just cracked me up.
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

The end scene when they were going into the TARDIS had me doubled up in laughter! Of course my little brother just looked at me weirdly. hehe!

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman

hehe You just know Dr Who is working when it scares the bejeezuz out of the weans (kids). I know I used to end up watching from behind the couch when I was a kid.
                          Hehe, i was helping out at Beavers last week (boys aged from 5-8) and i asked them who watched Doctor Who and over half of them said they did! I cant wait to see how scared they were today tho.
                          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT
                          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                            It really was a fantastic episode! Im glad im taping the whole series. The torchwood references were a bit overdone for only the second episode but its good to see things like that. Rose's 'the royal family are werewolves!' just cracked me up.
                            I suppose my only criticism would be the Torchwood speech at the end. Like you, I found it to be a touch overdone.

Comment

That was an amazing episode, one of the best I've seen. I especially liked the whole torchwood thing at the end.

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                              Ian Dury and the Blockheads' "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" brought back a lot of memories. "It's nice to be a lunatic."
                              I will never be able to hear that song again without thinking of the Doctor, it's like the song was made for him.

Are they actually allowed to say the royal family are werewolves on national television? Surely they can be "done" (not sure of the correct term there) for defamation of character.

Comment

Working...
                              X