Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

GateWorld Tooth And Claw (2802/202)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 28
    TOOTH AND CLAW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2802

After a group of monks seize control of a Scottish estate, the Doctor and Rose find themselves trapped inside with Queen Victoria herself, while a real-life werewolf stalks them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Captain

Default Re: Tooth And Claw (2802)

Awesome episode, I'm still quite stunned by how good that was. It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.

Right, I thought this was far better than last week. They built up the tension perfectly over the whoel episode, and though the wolf (a stunning bit of CGI) was only in it for the final 15 minutes it felt a lot longer. The Doctor showed us he was till the same curious man as always, calling the wolf "beautiful".
    Billie played Rose much better this week, and David was as good as ever. The Queen was convincing, as was the owner of Torchwood estate.
    I felt the highlight was after the wolf, the scene where the Queen was talking about Torchwood, I got the shivers

My only grumble with it was the quick fix and kung fu monks, I hope that isnt going to be a continuing theme(quick fix, not kung fu monks ).

Favourite quote:

"Thats Beautiful!" simply because it summed the Doctor up perfectly, the danger was there but the Doctor is still admiring the source, excellent!

Score: 9.5/10
    Last edited by The Signal; April 22nd, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Brilliant episode. Best David Tennant episode so far, and probably one of the best since Doctor Who came back.
    Nice setting up of Torchwood, too.

Absolutely amazing. I loved it immensely, with a better werewolf than The Prisoner of Azkaban movie, it was awesome. I loved the plot, the acting and everything.

Torchwood! WOO Rock on!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Second Lieutenant

It was great. The Balamory reference and the bet the Doctor and Rose had going were hilarious. Nice to see the doc bouncing around to Ian Dury too. The werewolf looked bloody fantastic. Kung Fu monks seemed a bit out of place but they looked pretty cool.

This episode was absoloutley brilliant. The Werewolf was fantastic and the Torchwood references were brilliant too. Looks like Torchwood will be out to get the Doctor....
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Quote Originally Posted by in circles
    Kung Fu monks seemed a bit out of place but they looked pretty cool.
    Yeah, what the hell was that all about???

I loved this ep! Everything has already been said about it that i would say.

The werewolf was miles better than POA.

Loved the doctor in this ep, it was very good!

I loved that episode! It felt like perfect Doctor Who. Queen Victoria was brilliant! The special effects were amazing - better than anything from S1!

My only complaint would be that the final scene seemed a bit overdone - the whole setting up of Torchwood could have been a bit subtler. But I understand the need to make sure that casual viewers realise what's going on.

That was much better than last week. There's still a lot crammed into a 45 min episode though, maybe too much. What a revelation. We now know who started Torchwood, and what it stands for.

I couldn't stop laughing at the "Kung Pow" scene in the courtyard. It was both cool and (I would hope) intentionally funny. Ian Dury and the Blockheads' "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" brought back a lot of memories. "It's nice to be a lunatic."

Quote Originally Posted by Egeria
    It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.
    hehe You just know Dr Who is working when it scares the bejeezuz out of the weans (kids). I know I used to end up watching from behind the couch when I was a kid.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

It really was a fantastic episode! Im glad im taping the whole series. The torchwood references were a bit overdone for only the second episode but its good to see things like that. Rose's 'the royal family are werewolves!' just cracked me up.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

The end scene when they were going into the TARDIS had me doubled up in laughter! Of course my little brother just looked at me weirdly. hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Missster.Freeman

hehe You just know Dr Who is working when it scares the bejeezuz out of the weans (kids). I know I used to end up watching from behind the couch when I was a kid.
    Hehe, i was helping out at Beavers last week (boys aged from 5-8) and i asked them who watched Doctor Who and over half of them said they did! I cant wait to see how scared they were today tho.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Billz
    It really was a fantastic episode! Im glad im taping the whole series. The torchwood references were a bit overdone for only the second episode but its good to see things like that. Rose's 'the royal family are werewolves!' just cracked me up.
    I suppose my only criticism would be the Torchwood speech at the end. Like you, I found it to be a touch overdone.

First Lieutenant

That was an amazing episode, one of the best I've seen. I especially liked the whole torchwood thing at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Missster.Freeman
    Ian Dury and the Blockheads' "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" brought back a lot of memories. "It's nice to be a lunatic."
    I will never be able to hear that song again without thinking of the Doctor, it's like the song was made for him.

Are they actually allowed to say the royal family are werewolves on national television? Surely they can be "done" (not sure of the correct term there) for defamation of character.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom
    Are they actually allowed to say the royal family are werewolves on national television? Surely they can be "done" (not sure of the correct term there) for defamation of character.
    I giggled at the 'royals are werewolves' quote, especially since Prince Andrew revealed this week that HRH has watched DW....
    Last edited by Egeria; April 22nd, 2006 at 03:49 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant

Wow.. it was excellent !

Will chime in with the feeling that the Kung Fu monkeyboys were a bit WTF?! but I didn't find the Torchwood bit at the end to be TOO heavy-handed. Although I wonder now if Torchwood is going to be portrayed as some kind of "enemy" to the Doctor. The Queen certainly seemed to think the Doctor should take care.

I wonder how they'll work Torchwood (and Jack) into things. I should go read up on the Torchwood rumors...

Much better than last week's, this one. Except for the red pyjama kung fu (eh? in c19 Scotland? have red pyjamas and kung fu got anything to do with werewolves?) it was all splendid. I liked the solution, it made sense - at least as far as these things do

The Torchwood thing was good too. I'd assumed that they were to be benign, until the Christmas ep made me wonder. Then I wondered if they might be just research bods, and the PM misappropriated their work. Now I can see that they have an Agenda and where the Agenda came from, it makes me really keen to see how it pans out.

"They like hunting, they love bloodsports" - ROFL!

"... from Balamory" ROFLMHO!
    Last edited by Madeleine; April 22nd, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Egeria
    Awesome episode, I'm still quite stunned by how good that was. It's so nice to see the kids scared stiff whilst watching DW....just the way it should be.
    Did enjoy it, but is it me, or does some parts of the new series appear to be dumbing down? ie. trying to spell out certain things for the viewer - takign the fun out of trying to guess what the relationship (like torchwood for example) might be.
    I mean the whole torchwood explanation - if they had left it with the sign on the house that would have been really nice and subtle, but I felt the need to explain it with the institute seemed a little much.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy it and can't wait for Saturday night, but for me it just seems to be lacking something - something very small and I dont know what it is yet. Will have to wait til the next one to see I guess.*sigh*
    Last edited by Othere; April 22nd, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83...background.jpg

'All of this has happened before
    And all of this will happen again
    So say we all.'