Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Revisions (705)

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Default Re: Revisions (705)

Well, it looks like my mind about this episode hasn't changed since last time I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Or as I like to call it, The One Where The Computer Is In Charge. It's another great example how bad of an idea it is to leave a computer in charge of human beings, or human beings relying on a piece of technology. Mindless sheep.

It's an okay episode.
    Still think it's an okay episode. It's not bad but I can't find anything excellent about it either, and I still think trusting a computer to maintain your civilization is a bad idea. They calculate risks and survival -- they simply don't care about collateral damage on the way -- everything to maintain the greater good.

How would you rate SG-1's "Revisions"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair -- according to the GW stats I'm apparently the only one to think so
    Poor
    Terrible

-------- LATER THAT SAME EVENING ----------

3-episode quiz: Fragile Balance, Orpheus & Revisions

Jigsaw puzzle: Revisions
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; May 30th, 2019 at 02:36 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

I blame FH although 11/14 on the quiz isn't bad. This question is wrong....
    When was the last time a woman sat on the council?
    1 year ago
    2 years ago
    3 years ago
    4 years ago
    It was based on a lie from the link. I also got 9 minutes 19 seconds which isn't too bad as the puzzle was bigger than normal. I have said before S7 is very polarizing. Their are some really good episodes but also some very bad ones. Very few middle ground. This is a bad one to me basically because its boring. Their aren't really any character moments and this storyline has been done several times already
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I blame FH although 11/14 on the quiz isn't bad. This question is wrong....
    When was the last time a woman sat on the council?
    1 year ago
    2 years ago
    3 years ago
    4 years ago
    I'll have it fixed when I get home later today.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

I couldn't remember that this world belonged to Morrigan. I haven't rewatched the episode so I have tested my knowledge blindly with FH's episode quizes for the first timeon GW. They are cleverly written, not too easy, not too hard. So I feel the challenge to make all of them now. Thanks, FH for your hard work!

@Jelgate
    I fixed the question that was faulty, so err... should you find any other... pls let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    I couldn't remember that this world belonged to Morrigan. I haven't rewatched the episode so I have tested my knowledge blindly with FH's episode quizes for the first timeon GW. They are cleverly written, not too easy, not too hard. So I feel the challenge to make all of them now. Thanks, FH for your hard work!
    I try my best, which sometimes means I have to pause the episode, rewind (in a manner of speaking) and watch a scene again. Write down the question, then continue watching.

I admire anyone who takes the quiz without having watched the episode. I literally couldn't do that.
    Not with any episode after season 6 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I admire anyone who takes the quiz without having watched the episode. I literally couldn't do that.
    Not with any episode after season 6 anyway.
    Trust me, I have realised my error...

I have looked around here :
    http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...%22_Transcript

COUNCIL MAN 4
    The Gate of Magh Mar. Discovered 563 years ago.

COUNCIL MAN 3
    Believed to have been of ritual significance in the worship of the goddess Morrigan.

COUNCIL WOMAN
    Taken from the ruins of Danaan and put on display in the national museum of history.

CARTER
    So, you do know about the Gate.
    There used to be a summary quiz about the different name of the stargate, so Gate of Magh Mar could have been an answer it looks like.

I have also tried to find out what is Danaan, but according to wikipedia/google it is a name of Greek people in some dialect (if it is not a made-up name). So some other folks must have lived there before Morrigan and the Celts have arrived. Or the mythological refence could go about this and it is really related to Morrigan :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_D%C3%A9_Danann
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

La tribu de Dana -- song by Manau.

So, I would wager a guess and say that's the road to take. In relation to the celts that is.

10:51

Chief Master Sergeant

This episode reminded me a bit of the "old times" episodes. Where whole team was working together and explored new places, cultures and so. It was interesting and I liked it.
    I really miss that type of episodes.

Staff Sergeant

The last classic episode of SG-1 where we see whole team during the exploration of a planet, encouter the problem and deal with it. The good times, I missed it in last seasons.

The interesting story, we can see how dangerous computers can be for people who are depandable on them. The disturbing thought how many people ended behind the dome without anyone remember them.
    Last edited by Manche; August 28th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345