No announcement yet.

Revisions (705)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there's a difference between not being in the mood for a particular episode and hating it. The episodes I hate (Shades of Gray being number one) don't ever appear on my personal playlist. The ones I'm equivocal about (One Hundred Days) I do sometimes watch. I'd never describe how I feel about One Hundred Days as hatred, though.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I have one episode I can't finish - Demons (s2 I think). Definitely an episode which prompts me to throw things at my screen, so in order to protect my screens it's better I skip it entirely.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        I never understand why people make themselves watch episodes they didn't like. Why not just skip it?

Seaboe
        Considering I usually do that, but made it to season 7 without doing that as I was enjoying the rewatch so much - I'd say, well, I did stop watching it when I realized I didn't like it. Hah. I was giving it another try in another words - is that not better than automatically skipping it?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I have one episode I can't finish - Demons (s2 I think). Definitely an episode which prompts me to throw things at my screen, so in order to protect my screens it's better I skip it entirely.
        I love Demons because of the Unas, it was a cool setup IMO.

Comment

I enjoyed Revisions. It had a Twilight Zone feel to it, reminding me of The Prisoner TV series. I think the posts by Eddwo and Liminoid are helpful. I liked the location. A thoughtful, semi-european setting you'd never see in America, except in a theme park. It had a dreamlike 'Village' (Prisoner) feel to it, and the population looked...very Canadian. Canadians; they are Americans the way europeans wish we were; polite, orderly types who never left the king and stayed home with Mum.
          I also liked seeing the cold air when characters spoke. It had an autumn-like feel to it.
          The theme of positive manipulation by the computer was interesting.
          I liked all the cast and villagers, although, one question: the woman councilor and the wife simply walked off into the vortex. What happened to them? Was it simply time for someone to leave, and they knew it was their turn? That's what i think.
          O'Neill and Nevin make a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
            I enjoyed Revisions. It had a Twilight Zone feel to it, reminding me of The Prisoner TV series. I think the posts by Eddwo and Liminoid are helpful. I liked the location. A thoughtful, semi-european setting you'd never see in America, except in a theme park. It had a dreamlike 'Village' (Prisoner) feel to it, and the population looked...very Canadian. Canadians; they are Americans the way europeans wish we were; polite, orderly types who never left the king and stayed home with Mum.
            I also liked seeing the cold air when characters spoke. It had an autumn-like feel to it.
            The theme of positive manipulation by the computer was interesting.
            I liked all the cast and villagers, although, one question: the woman councilor and the wife simply walked off into the vortex. What happened to them? Was it simply time for someone to leave, and they knew it was their turn? That's what i think.
            O'Neill and Nevin make a good team.
            I assume the woman councilor and the wife were prompted somehow by the computer to take a walk through the shield and they died once they got into the toxic atmosphere. They were "told" the same way the villagers were "told" to stop SG1. The villagers had no idea they were being controlled by something outside themselves.

And since the dome was shrinking, the computer decided that 2 more people had to leave in order for the space to accommodate the number of people left. As the dome shrank, the computer would send more people through shield to die outside it. When SG1 was exploring the toxic atmosphere, they came across skeletons, which were the remains of villagers who previously walked through the veil. The didn't know what they were doing or that they were going to die.
            Last edited by hedwig; 31 August 2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Well, it looks like my mind about this episode hasn't changed since last time I watched it.

Or as I like to call it, The One Where The Computer Is In Charge. It's another great example how bad of an idea it is to leave a computer in charge of human beings, or human beings relying on a piece of technology. Mindless sheep.

It's an okay episode.
              Still think it's an okay episode. It's not bad but I can't find anything excellent about it either, and I still think trusting a computer to maintain your civilization is a bad idea. They calculate risks and survival -- they simply don't care about collateral damage on the way -- everything to maintain the greater good.

How would you rate SG-1's "Revisions"?

Excellent
              Good
              Fair -- according to the GW stats I'm apparently the only one to think so
              Poor
              Terrible

-------- LATER THAT SAME EVENING ----------

3-episode quiz: Fragile Balance, Orpheus & Revisions

Jigsaw puzzle: Revisions
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 30 May 2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I blame FH although 11/14 on the quiz isn't bad. This question is wrong....
                When was the last time a woman sat on the council?
                1 year ago
                2 years ago
                3 years ago
                4 years ago
                It was based on a lie from the link. I also got 9 minutes 19 seconds which isn't too bad as the puzzle was bigger than normal. I have said before S7 is very polarizing. Their are some really good episodes but also some very bad ones. Very few middle ground. This is a bad one to me basically because its boring. Their aren't really any character moments and this storyline has been done several times already
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I blame FH although 11/14 on the quiz isn't bad. This question is wrong....
                    When was the last time a woman sat on the council?
                    1 year ago
                    2 years ago
                    3 years ago
                    4 years ago
                    I'll have it fixed when I get home later today.

Comment

I couldn't remember that this world belonged to Morrigan. I haven't rewatched the episode so I have tested my knowledge blindly with FH's episode quizes for the first timeon GW. They are cleverly written, not too easy, not too hard. So I feel the challenge to make all of them now. Thanks, FH for your hard work!
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

@Jelgate
                        I fixed the question that was faulty, so err... should you find any other... pls let me know.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I couldn't remember that this world belonged to Morrigan. I haven't rewatched the episode so I have tested my knowledge blindly with FH's episode quizes for the first timeon GW. They are cleverly written, not too easy, not too hard. So I feel the challenge to make all of them now. Thanks, FH for your hard work!
                        I try my best, which sometimes means I have to pause the episode, rewind (in a manner of speaking) and watch a scene again. Write down the question, then continue watching.

I admire anyone who takes the quiz without having watched the episode. I literally couldn't do that.
                        Not with any episode after season 6 anyway.

Comment

I admire anyone who takes the quiz without having watched the episode. I literally couldn't do that.
                          Not with any episode after season 6 anyway.
                          Trust me, I have realised my error...

I have looked around here :
                          http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...%22_Transcript

COUNCIL MAN 4
                          The Gate of Magh Mar. Discovered 563 years ago.

COUNCIL MAN 3
                          Believed to have been of ritual significance in the worship of the goddess Morrigan.

COUNCIL WOMAN
                          Taken from the ruins of Danaan and put on display in the national museum of history.

CARTER
                          So, you do know about the Gate.
                          There used to be a summary quiz about the different name of the stargate, so Gate of Magh Mar could have been an answer it looks like.

I have also tried to find out what is Danaan, but according to wikipedia/google it is a name of Greek people in some dialect (if it is not a made-up name). So some other folks must have lived there before Morrigan and the Celts have arrived. Or the mythological refence could go about this and it is really related to Morrigan :
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_D%C3%A9_Danann
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

La tribu de Dana -- song by Manau.

So, I would wager a guess and say that's the road to take. In relation to the celts that is.

Comment

10:51

Comment

This episode reminded me a bit of the "old times" episodes. Where whole team was working together and explored new places, cultures and so. It was interesting and I liked it.
                                I really miss that type of episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X