Revisions (705)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcus
    Which actors did they re-use? Nevin's father looked kind of familiar but I cant remember where I might have seen him.

EDIT: I just saw the ep he was in. He was the Ashrak in the ep where Carter is blended with Jolinar.
    I knew I'd seen him before somewhere but I couldn't remember where. I've just come on here to find out. Thanks
    Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I found this episode to be rather "lackluster", in an entire season of less than stellar shows. The storyline feels "re-cycled", different planet, but same theme....self doomed by toxic environment (or weather change), saved by artificial means.

The people were written as 2 dimensional, and they were. Unfortunately, the cast felt that way too.

This episode held no surprises, and was very forgetable.

JMO....
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
        I liked the episode. Not a great one, but interesting. Especially about the shield reducing and the computer sacrificing people to maintain the smaller number.
        The computer sacrificing the population fits the logic-based thinking of the needs of the many over the needs of the few. One of the reasons people often don't like what happens when a computer is in charge.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I thought this was the best episode out of Season 7, Lost City lost out due to 'ship'.

Fun and not to be taken too seriously. Just relaxed while I watched it, fianlly something good turned up. It wasn't perfect but it was excellent. Out of 1-5, I give it a 5.
          The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Haha I find lot's of your oppinions very strange (not in a bad way).

You thought this was laid-back?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
              Haha I find lot's of your oppinions very strange (not in a bad way).

You thought this was laid-back?
              Don't worry, I find a lot of your opinions strange too.

Laid back in the sense, yes, I did tense up occassioanlly but that like I said: no ship, not really mentally strenous plot, and that story had little to do with continous arc of that Season.

After all, Teal'c and Jack were not going to die! Nor Daniel or Carter! So, nice ep.
              The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I think it ties in with the arc of not the seaosn but the entire series all together. (they search the galaxy for technology to defend there planet)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen
                  I liked this episode even though I think it was a bit predictable, too.
                  I like it cause it's one of the few Team-doing-something-together episodes in this season where everyone of the Team is involved in the story and contributes to solve the problem.
                  The location and the creepy citizens were great and I love Jack saying "Hello Nevin"
                  I agree. A nice throw back to the days where they explored a new planet every week.

Comment

They still do that..........
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. It's really annoying me reading all these threads where people are calling all these Season 7 eps lame. This season was incredible.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I didn't mind this episode, though it was quite predictable. Humour was definately missing, but I did like the way Jack kept saying "Hello Nevin" though, and also when Jack and Teal'c are sitting down for a meal, I thought it was amusing seeing Teal'c with the napkin tucked into the top of his shirt so he didn't spill anything on himself, hehehe
                        "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                        S/J all the way!
                        Big Honkin' Resolution!
                        sigpic
                        John/Teyla Shipper!
                        SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
                          Okay, now this episode is just plain sad.

I was watching an episode of The Outer Limits, as I often do, when I noticed a very similar storyline happening. In an episode titled "Stream of Consciousness" made in 1997, we see a world where people are linked together by a computer system called The Stream. And get this-- the people connect to the Stream via a small, moon-shaped device stuck to their temples. It looks exactly like the Link. The main character spent the entire episode trying to convince everyone else in society to disconnect from the Stream, as it was controlling their minds.

"Revisions" seems a lot less original, now.

I completely agree! I'm a fan of Outer Limits as well, and this was the exact same idea. What's more ironic is that in Season 9 "Collateral Damage" copied a Star Trek Voyager idea and guess who the writers were for both these episodes.... Joe M and Paul M.

Okay so yes some idea's in Sci-fiction will be recycled/reused--- but they didn't even throw in a different ending or attempt to make it look different. Both shows are literally just a translation to the Stargate universe.

I want to become a Stargate writer, I can just borrow ideas from other sci-fi shows....

Comment

Ok, so I've found that the landscape scenes were filmed in
                            http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/vand...site/index.htm but I'm still not sure where the in-village scenes were shot. I don't believe they built that as a set (crazy, I know!) so I'd love to know where that little village was. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by burnte View Post
                              Ok, so I've found that the landscape scenes were filmed in
                              http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/vand...site/index.htm but I'm still not sure where the in-village scenes were shot. I don't believe they built that as a set (crazy, I know!) so I'd love to know where that little village was. Anyone know?
                              It was in Fantasy Garden World in Richmond. It was a 'Disney' type European world complete with a castle and windmill. It closed a few years ago and the land has since been sold for development.

They are still standing I think, as I'm sure they filmed an episode of 'Supernatural' there, the courtyard and buildings looked very like the ones in 'Revisions'.

Here's an article about it in the Vancouver Sun a while back.

http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/...90748f&k=82842
                              Last edited by Krisz; 12 March 2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

this was an ok episode it is not one of my fave episodes i did like that the computer was the problem and how the figured it out
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X