Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revisions (705)

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Default Re: Revisions (705)

It's Todd the Wraith!

Pretty average ep.

The episode is boring and dull. Its like to tried to write an A plot without putting in a B plot to fill in the space. The concept and story is not a bad one. People losing thier memories because of a machine that enhances memory is a good idea but the story just drags on and on with little progression I find my mind wandering to do other tasks because the episodes loses my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    I've always liked this episode for its creepy element. The idea of a shrinking dome and a computer that compensates by killing off the occupants is a horrible thought. Makes it worse that the people are living a comfortable life in blissful ignorance in a lovely garden and town whilst outside their dome are the corroded remains of their people and civilisation in the poisoned environment of their planet.
    I missed this ep on my first rewatch...I don't think it showed up on my Netflix!! So, I had a lovely time watching a "new" ep. I enjoyed Jack's humor and interaction with Nevin, and I was really creeped out by the people disappearing and nobody remembering that the people existed.

When they went outside the dome and found the bones, I was horrified, and as the rest of the story unfolded, I was saddened: a machine compells you to leave the dome, and you do...no questions, no individual thought.

I thought it was good -the pacing was slow, and the scenes quiet, but that was dictated by the storyline -more of a thriller than an action/adventure.

sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Probie

im almost done the wool series, go out and read it right now(or stay in and download it), its similar to the episode but better, people live in underground silos instead of a dome and are manually brainwashed, the rest is the same, made this episode excellent as im waiting for a wool movie.

I enjoyed this one. Must agree that it was a bit predictable, but I loved the idea of the dome, and the way the computer took over, trying to "save" all, in a not so nice way... Wonder if they got any of the tech back with them. It could be very useful ...

When Jack and Teal'c got surrounded, that was creepy close

Quote Originally Posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    I loved this episode. It's really annoying me reading all these threads where people are calling all these Season 7 eps lame. This season was incredible.
    I'm surprised by all the disappointment in this episode, I liked it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    Did anyone assume that the people in the dome were midgets when they first saw the little guy at the start?
    I didn't get that impression. It would tie in with all the Wizard of Oz references Jack makes though.

I liked this episode. Kind of reminded me of Dark City a movie I hated. I liked that there really wasn't a bad guy in this. Bad dude of the week gets old sometimes.

If I were to change anything I would have changed it so that SG1 reasoned with the computer instead of reprogramming it. Instead of killing the overflow allow them to leave via the gate.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Thus, season 7 continues with Revisions.

Or as I like to call it, The One Where The Computer Is In Charge. It's another great example how bad of an idea it is to leave a computer in charge of human beings, or human beings relying on a piece of technology. Mindless sheep.

It's an okay episode.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

A machine in the role of a dictator - creepy because nobody is aware of the situation. The 'intruders' have a hard time to break through to the residents - a life without true memories is something nobody wants.
    Not boring but not thrilling either.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
    I liked this episode. Kind of reminded me of Dark City a movie I hated. I liked that there really wasn't a bad guy in this. Bad dude of the week gets old sometimes.

If I were to change anything I would have changed it so that SG1 reasoned with the computer instead of reprogramming it. Instead of killing the overflow allow them to leave via the gate.
    I think Kirk and Spock did that one once so maybe the SG-1 writers wanted to end it differently.

Or maybe Kirk and Spock killed the computer and this episode a homage to Star Trek.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    A machine in the role of a dictator - creepy because nobody is aware of the situation. The 'intruders' have a hard time to break through to the residents - a life without true memories is something nobody wants.
    Not boring but not thrilling either.

Again, good proper sci-fi. Nothing new - Kirk Trek did it a couple of times - but a few good changes to the story idea like the computer updating peoples minds for good and ill.

Major

I'm glad they treated the computer as the machine it is (i.e., reprogrammed it) rather than trying to reason with it.

Seaboe
    Last edited by Seaboe Muffinchucker; October 2nd, 2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: misplaced parenthetical
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    The episode is boring and dull. Its like to tried to write an A plot without putting in a B plot to fill in the space. The concept and story is not a bad one. People losing thier memories because of a machine that enhances memory is a good idea but the story just drags on and on with little progression I find my mind wandering to do other tasks because the episodes loses my attention.
    Agree with this. I think this will be the first episode I won't finish on my rewatch. Hated it the first time and hate it the second time. And isn't this set location used in Atlantis for one of the Genii episodes?

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Nirude View Post
    Hated it the first time and hate it the second time.
    I never understand why people make themselves watch episodes they didn't like. Why not just skip it?

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I never understand why people make themselves watch episodes they didn't like. Why not just skip it?

Seaboe
    Sometimes you're not in the right "mood" for an episode and you want to give it another try.....sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Major

I think there's a difference between not being in the mood for a particular episode and hating it. The episodes I hate (Shades of Gray being number one) don't ever appear on my personal playlist. The ones I'm equivocal about (One Hundred Days) I do sometimes watch. I'd never describe how I feel about One Hundred Days as hatred, though.

Seaboe

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

I have one episode I can't finish - Demons (s2 I think). Definitely an episode which prompts me to throw things at my screen, so in order to protect my screens it's better I skip it entirely.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
    Considering I usually do that, but made it to season 7 without doing that as I was enjoying the rewatch so much - I'd say, well, I did stop watching it when I realized I didn't like it. Hah. I was giving it another try in another words - is that not better than automatically skipping it?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I have one episode I can't finish - Demons (s2 I think). Definitely an episode which prompts me to throw things at my screen, so in order to protect my screens it's better I skip it entirely.
    I love Demons because of the Unas, it was a cool setup IMO.

Airman

I enjoyed Revisions. It had a Twilight Zone feel to it, reminding me of The Prisoner TV series. I think the posts by Eddwo and Liminoid are helpful. I liked the location. A thoughtful, semi-european setting you'd never see in America, except in a theme park. It had a dreamlike 'Village' (Prisoner) feel to it, and the population looked...very Canadian. Canadians; they are Americans the way europeans wish we were; polite, orderly types who never left the king and stayed home with Mum.
    I also liked seeing the cold air when characters spoke. It had an autumn-like feel to it.
    The theme of positive manipulation by the computer was interesting.
    I liked all the cast and villagers, although, one question: the woman councilor and the wife simply walked off into the vortex. What happened to them? Was it simply time for someone to leave, and they knew it was their turn? That's what i think.
    O'Neill and Nevin make a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    I enjoyed Revisions. It had a Twilight Zone feel to it, reminding me of The Prisoner TV series. I think the posts by Eddwo and Liminoid are helpful. I liked the location. A thoughtful, semi-european setting you'd never see in America, except in a theme park. It had a dreamlike 'Village' (Prisoner) feel to it, and the population looked...very Canadian. Canadians; they are Americans the way europeans wish we were; polite, orderly types who never left the king and stayed home with Mum.
    I also liked seeing the cold air when characters spoke. It had an autumn-like feel to it.
    The theme of positive manipulation by the computer was interesting.
    I liked all the cast and villagers, although, one question: the woman councilor and the wife simply walked off into the vortex. What happened to them? Was it simply time for someone to leave, and they knew it was their turn? That's what i think.
    O'Neill and Nevin make a good team.
    I assume the woman councilor and the wife were prompted somehow by the computer to take a walk through the shield and they died once they got into the toxic atmosphere. They were "told" the same way the villagers were "told" to stop SG1. The villagers had no idea they were being controlled by something outside themselves.

And since the dome was shrinking, the computer decided that 2 more people had to leave in order for the space to accommodate the number of people left. As the dome shrank, the computer would send more people through shield to die outside it. When SG1 was exploring the toxic atmosphere, they came across skeletons, which were the remains of villagers who previously walked through the veil. The didn't know what they were doing or that they were going to die.
    Last edited by hedwig; August 31st, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast