This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who would win Ancient's Or Ori

If the Ancient's went back to there HomeWorld to destroy the Ori who would of won Ancient's or the Ori Simple answer Ancient's or Ori

I think maybe the ancients since they have drones and from what we have seen, drones can make short work of a ship, een with shields.
    O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
    Baal: Impudence
    O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

It'd say the Ori, but it is very hard to tell because we don't fully understand the strengths/abilities of either side. But the Ori won in the past - the Ancients have a staunch opposition to interference, while the Ori do not share that opinion but would rather lord over their subjects, so I would say that the Ori, as the ascended beings willing to exercise their power, would be stronger.

A good question, and I wonder if there'll ever be a face/off between those two opposing forces one day...

Capt

Comment

i would say the race that chose science over religion would win, aka the ancients

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
          It'd say the Ori, but it is very hard to tell because we don't fully understand the strengths/abilities of either side. But the Ori won in the past
          What makes you think the Ori won?
          As said by Orlin "The Ori tried to wipe us out", note the tried part, they didn't succeed so it's safe to assume that the ancients prevented the attack and left to be passive elsewhere.
          error: signature not found

Comment

I would say the Ancient's
            sigpic

Comment

Seeing as the Ori have pretty much said that they cant win yet, and need the power of supporters to beat the Ancients, Im gonna go with the Ancients. *and pre-ascension, definately the Ancients, they had better tech, science over religion and all)
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Pre-ascension I think the Ancients would have won, because like it has been stated the Ancients focused on science and probably would have developed more advanced technology a lot quicker. Post-ascension I still think the Ancients would win because if the Ori could defeat them they would have done so by now seeing how they are bent on destroying them, although it might not be an easy fight for the Ancients if they chose to go up against the Ori.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  The Ori say that the Anceints created life in this galaxy, in order to destroy them. If this is so, the Ori are at a disadvantage, being that their are billions of humans in this galaxy, and probably on millions in the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Before ascension I would think the Ori will win. Because the Ancients aren't a race of warriors.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

My opinion says that the Ancients will win, could not be now, but the will win in my simple guest.
                      Fabiano Klug
                      O'neill say: I don't care.
                      Stargate Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                        What makes you think the Ori won?
                        As said by Orlin "The Ori tried to wipe us out", note the tried part, they didn't succeed so it's safe to assume that the ancients prevented the attack and left to be passive elsewhere.
                        Quite possible. I only assume that they won because the Ancients retreated from their home galaxy. But as you say they could have done that simply to go and be passive somewhere else, we do not know.

Assumptions are bad. My error.

Capt

Comment

Ancients will not win because the Ori are willing to go to lengths that the wimpy Ancients wouldn't. Ancients ran away from every fight they had. They ran from Ori and they ran from wraith.

Hallowed are the Ori!

Comment

Personally I think the Ancients would win simply because there are probably more of them than the Ori. When Daniel was reading the fairy-like story of how the Alterans came to this galaxy in Avalon 1, he said "they came to a great belt of stars and they call their new home Avalon." So, obviously the Milky Way Galaxy must be much larger than the Ori Galaxy, which in term means that the Alterans/Ancients had lots of TIME and SPACE to populate the galaxy. And although we don't know how many Ancients ascended before or during the Great Plague, and before the pre-ascended Lantians left for the Pegasus Galaxy, we can assume that lots had found the Great Path.

Also keep in mind that Oma Dessala has been helping other races, whom she fells worthy, ascend for a long time... who knows how many she's helped. So there are beings from different races other than the Ancients who are also ascended. Acutally I find this interesting, it kind of sounds like Oma has been gathering numbers, perhaps raising a small army if you will, in order to increase the numbers on her race's side. It might even be possible that the other Ancients knew what she was doing, that's why they've let her continue her work for so long. They knew the war between the Alterans and Ori wasn't over and that the final battle was eventually to come, so they knew that would need more help.

Comment

Hey I wonder if the Ancients in the Pegasus Galaxy will come and aid their fellow Ancients in the Milky Way?

Because from what it sounds like, where ever this "higher plane of existence" is it exist within every galaxy, but one must still travel to a galaxy. In other words, the Ori have been looking for the Ancients for a long time and haven't been able to find them until now. In fact, the Ori didn't even know about this galaxy or that we were here because the Ancients had been protecting us, and probably themselves. So the Ori must travel some way to the Milky Way in order to destroy the Ancients. So I wonder if the Pegasus Ancients are going to continuing hidding out or come and help, assuming they even know about the great danger? Remember, the Ancients rule about non-interference only applies to lower beings... what about ones of their own kind?

Comment

Working...
                              X