The Adversary (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
    Man I was right this was a very good episode.
    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

i bet you guys will start working on season 3 a little bit after the finale of Season 2.
    Yup. That's pretty much the way it'll go.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus72
      To me, this type of society is very similar to the one described in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.
      I hadn't been familiar with that. It sounds quite interesting.

Me too. Lets see more stories in the future with multi-layered subtext. The deeper you look the more meaning you can find and more connections you can make to other philosophies and beliefs. When you can spin stories like this, the archatypes tend to resonate in people's psyches on a subconscious level and the reader often walks away from the story enjoying it more because it touched on themes we all can relate to.
      I completely agree. I'm glad you'll be joining us as a writer, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood
        I thought you were referring to the cave. Plato uses a cave in a metaphor to explain what truth is, although it's not really related.
        Yeah, that's a great metaphor. And very true, if you ask me.

I'll have to warn you; if you get me started on talking about these kind of things, it could go on for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
          And then there's this mysterious Regent who's been mentioned once or twice. Wonder when we'll see him.
          And once we'll see him/her, what would he/she look like?

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus72
            To me, this type of society is very similar to the one described in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.
            Fantastic book, but I'm not sure you could apply it to this Enoly society - in Brave new world everyone has a place, except for the "savage" who comes into it. In Enoly society, Kevashsh's people have no role. If it was truly like Brave New World then Kevashsh would never have been created.

Edit: Woah. I just used my english lit knowledge to talk about a fan-created VS. That shows how good + intelligent Horizon is!
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Yay finally got around to reading this ep. Great ep by the way

Nice development on Grants character, and it was good to see Sivea vunerable and her guards down abit expressing her concern for Grant.

Interesting insight on the Enoly. I hope they don't allie with us, but instead bring back Kevahsh and have him give us some weaknesses or info on Enoly technology.

The only one thing that bothered me(only a little) was minor mistakes in the script. These thing and spelling mistakes normally does'nt bother me. It's just that I lost the flow of reading, especially while I'm enjoying the story
              sigpic

Comment

What was the mistake?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The idea of Earth's new shuttles is interesting, though it's a little ambiguous how advanced earth tech is now, do they have a large shipbuilding facility now? We've reccently seen a lot of new ships, but I don't think we've been told where they're all coming from...
                  It was nice to see that Earth-built hyperdrives aren't quiet up to the standards of other races yet.

While it seems unlikely that the two ships would have crashed in proximity to each other it's fairly forgivable, as far as plot is concerned they kind of had to be, and it is something that's been seen in various sci-fi shows before.

There was a nice flow to this one, as the plot moved from point to point it felt very smooth. Though, I think the Valiant should have picked up the beacon long before it was turned off, if they arrived in the system after it was off then there was a little confusion in the ordering of the scenes.

Invisible aliens are a little old in sci-fi jsut now, especially in the SG universe. I think this episode just got away with making them different enough, but hopefully we won't be seeing any new invisible aliens for quite a while.

The "useless" Enoly is a bit of a worry, it feels very much like a road already gone down with the Vorians and the Draque and the Tok'ra, and even on earth. While it does show us another side of the Enoly I really don't think I'd be keen on seeing the Enoly underclass again.

Overall pretty solid, again lovely character development, and nice to have a Grant-centered episode that didn't involve the Nebulans.
                  I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                    After yesterday's arguement, I've decided not to say anything negative about this episode (Just Kidding). But seriously there was nothing negattive about this episode. Based on what I have read about the Enloy in this episode, I have a new theory about them. Is it possible that have a feudal soceity. This new Enloy we met could be the serf class of the Enloy social system. It was also nice to see that not all Enloy think the same Drueg and the Alphas. I am kind of curious about what has happened to the Draque. They were the main enemy of S1 but have been downsized this season because of what happened in Judgement Day. I am just kind of currious if they will ever return to their status as a power in the Triangulum Galaxy. Speaking of the Draque, I think those alien creatures and the Draque are related. Is it possible that the Draque enzyme comes from these alien creatures.?* I love seeing Grant's survival skills put to the test. Too bad that all the other people in the Discovery shuttle had to die. But those kind of characters are expendable to advance the story for the main character. Finally, I must talk about what happened aboard the Valiant. There wasn't much other characters to do but that isn't surprising considering this was an episode that focus on one main character. I absolutely loved seeing Chase and his compliants about the Earth hyperdrives. On that note I see the Asgard are getting tired of giving us there intergalatic hyperdrives so we have to ressort to interstellar one. I think this my longest review yet ?* I give this episode a 4/5
                    Last edited by jelgate; 06 December 2007, 08:19 PM. Reason: Because I can
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                    X