No announcement yet.

SG vs. ST tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg would probably rape any race in the SG universe simple because the race in question wouldn't realise the danger the borg represented until it was to late and one of them was assimilated; in the case of the Asgard they would be proper ****ed...

Only ones that could give the borg some trouble (aside form the ancients of course) would be the replicators because they work in a form of assimilation themselves. Could the borg nano probes take over and disable the replicator blocks? Or would the replicator blocks manage to subvert and take over the systems of a borg ship? Who's to say.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis View Post
      I was thinking, Star Trek technology (we're talking TNG/DS9/Voyager level tech, not Kirk/Archer) appears to be on the same level as Goa'uld tech: FTL/Warp drive, impulse drive, transporter tech, and laser/phaser tech. Do you think Goa'uld tech is equal to ST tech, or less advanced or more advanced?

ST vs. Asgard tech? Included in the ST is not just UFP, but Klingons, Cardassians, Romulans, and Borg.

Borg vs. Asgard?

Wraith vs. Borg?
      Actually, lasers in Star Trek(and real world) are told to be very antique, outdated and currently harmless weapons. They're seen used in the Cage however as phasers.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Considering that phased pistols and phased cannons were in use in ENT, which you could consider them as precursors of phasers, lasers seemed to be hardly if ever in use. Even the weapons before the phased energy was something else. I guess you could say that they were a form of phased lasers or whatever and very different than phasers.

Stargate tech to me seems while very advanced, simple to understand. A late 20th century to early 21st century human civilization was able to understand alot of principles and basics behind even the most advanced technologies.

Now the question is: is it truly advanced but toned to down due to the maturity of technology to make it simple to understand which suggests stagnation? Or is not that advanced and uses even our current level of understanding?

In previous topics, I have always stated it is like handing the technology of today to someone 100 or more years ago and expect them to make a very good duplication of a vessel or a plane to combat even our best.
        Hi There!

Comment

Trek Tech seemed a bit more believable to me in the sense that not just anybody could use it. You needed to spend years in the academy, even more time serving in starfleet before they'd really let you near anything important, and longer still before you'd be in command of even the wimpiest ship.

In Stargate you've got things like Earth building space cruisers that rival those of the aliens doing it for thousands of years and spaceships being flown, operated and commanded by air force personnel. I have a hard time believing that those skills would just transfer over like that.

Stargate tech always felt even more like magic, which is saying something given how much technobabble trek could sometimes employ.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN View Post
            Borg would probably rape any race in the SG universe simple because the race in question wouldn't realise the danger the borg represented until it was to late and one of them was assimilated; in the case of the Asgard they would be proper ****ed...

Only ones that could give the borg some trouble (aside form the ancients of course) would be the replicators because they work in a form of assimilation themselves. Could the borg nano probes take over and disable the replicator blocks? Or would the replicator blocks manage to subvert and take over the systems of a borg ship? Who's to say.
            i think if the replicators and the borg met. the borg would try to assimilate the replicators. who are trying to replicate (which is similar) and they would just merge as one group.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X