The Artificial Lifeform Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Artificial Lifeform Discussion/Appreciation Thread

There are a lot of fans of characters such as Data and the Doctor out there, so I thought I'd start a thread for the often, most "human" characters in Star Trek. (this can also include any other artificial lifeforms- the exocomps from TNG's "The Quality of Life", Lore, etc.)
    Why are they so easy to relate to- often more so then the human characters on the shows?
    Discuss and Appreciate away.

For me, the doctor. In the end, he was comic gold. (apart from those ludicrous singing episodes) Technically i haven't seen enough TNG episodes to give data my definite vote but he's always been my favourite...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

yeah loved the doctor!!!!
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
        For me, the doctor. In the end, he was comic gold. (apart from those ludicrous singing episodes) Technically i haven't seen enough TNG episodes to give data my definite vote but he's always been my favourite...
        Virtuoso is one of five Voyager eps that I haven't seen but I loved his singing with Seven and the one where Tuvok wen into Pon Farr and the Doctor kept singing and Tom tossed him the hypo spray which he injected into Tuvok's butt.....Tinker Tenor, Doctor, Spy, one of the best doctor eps. That was hilarious. The doctor was the character that easily grew the most over the course of Voyager.
        Data's a great character too.....easily the best of TNG. Especially when he tries to embrace humour or studies human emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          There are a lot of fans of characters such as Data and the Doctor out there, so I thought I'd start a thread for the often, most "human" characters in Star Trek. (this can also include any other artificial lifeforms- the exocomps from TNG's "The Quality of Life", Lore, etc.)
          Why are they so easy to relate to- often more so then the human characters on the shows?
          Discuss and Appreciate away.
          Love them! Couldn't live without them! Wouldn't want to be them!

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1
            Love them! Couldn't live without them! Wouldn't want to be them!
            yeah csant live without them
            sigpic

Comment

Data and the Doctor
              sigpic

Comment

The Doctor was great. One of the characters in voyager i didn't hate (even tho i loved the show).
                My favs:

Comment

Data was and is my alltime favorite Star Trek character!, artificial lifeform or not.
                  Last edited by the Fifth Race; 14 April 2006, 08:42 AM.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by andrewag
                    The Doctor was great. One of the characters in voyager i didn't hate (even tho i loved the show).
                    I feel the same way about Voyager.....I love the show but I hate half the characters. Weird. And I love the Doctor, especially when he was havng daydreams and they started taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      I feel the same way about Voyager.....I love the show but I hate half the characters. Weird. And I love the Doctor, especially when he was havng daydreams and they started taking over.
                      yeah same here
                      sigpic

Comment

Picardo was good as the Hologram Dr. but Spiner as Data was brilliant!.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                          Picardo was good as the Hologram Dr. but Spiner as Data was brilliant!.
                          yeah!!data rocked
                          sigpic

Comment

Data's always been my favourite - he was the one to whom I was the most similar (except he was obviously much smarter and cooler), but I'm not sure how much of that was down to my subconsciously mirroring him.

Comment

I watched Year of Hell again, I'd forgotten about the scene at the beginning when they open up astrometrics- and the Doctor decides it's time a for a speech and a few stories.....priceless. I love it when both the Doctor and Data decide they want to make presentations to the crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X