This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False hope
    How thick can she get? How many times has it been now that we've seen/heard the Torchwood reference? You'd think they would be starting to catch on now
    To be fair she has only come across it once before, and that was Torchwood house. Mickey has seen it while searching for information, and we saw it when Harriet Jones was organising to have the weapon activated in TCI.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well In "The Idiot's Lantern" the police carting away the Faceless Victims mentioned "having Torchwood on our backs". The orders from above were definitely from Torchwood. Theys eem to have their fingers everywhere and are definitely watching what's going on. Unfortunatly... it seems they're also fairly crap. The sort of organisation that says "oh dear this is a crisis" and clears up the mess instead of arresting the litterer.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
        How thick can she get? How many times has it been now that we've seen/heard the Torchwood reference? You'd think they would be starting to catch on now
        You know I thought the same thing but then she is fairly self absorb it is still all about her, and she is also easily distracted. And of course I think The Doctor is more then aware of what is going on.

Comment

The research team was part of "The Torchwood Archive"!!!!! WHat could this mean!? I kept expecting the Captain to file a report saying that they'd met "The Doctor" and Torchwood MIB's being all "hmmm"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Torchwood archives? So they were gathering info for Torchwood... really didnt see that coming... [/sarcasm]

Oh, and there was a little playful one last week (Im paraphrasing here)

Doctor: Lets shed some light on the situation. A torch would do it.

Note, if that wasnt said then let me know so I can kick the crap out of the person who put it on Wikipedia (yes I cheated on last weeks one)
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yes but it wasnt Torchwood Insitute... it was the Torchwood Archive. THAT intrigues me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                Yes but it wasnt Torchwood Insitute... it was the Torchwood Archive. THAT intrigues me.
                Well what year was it? Maybe by then they have a name change or they splinter off into different departments. Or maybe TW was aware that this beast was meant to be there but wanted it confirmed. Hence the archive reference.

Comment

I have no idea about the year, but this slight deviation in standard Torchwood references interests me highly

I like the way theyre more obvious than bad wolf. its a much different type of phrase thats being used this time, because we KNOW who they are, but its meant to be ominous knowing that they're everywhere.

And YAY me, 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X