No announcement yet.

Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw the episode "Orpheaus and I sort of like it but not really. What do u guys think?

Comment

I quite liked "Orpheus", with its look at Jaffa culture, and Daniel getting to use his brains and his bravery to save the day, not just deciphering old Goa'uld tablets or pulling out his gun and shooting everything. But then, I like the Jaffa and their struggle, and their recurring characters (Bra'tac, Rya'c and Rak'nor) are much more interesting then, say, the Tok'ra (not counting Jacob!). The epic struggle, Teal'c loosing his "mojo" and then getting it back in style... oh, and one other little thing I liked...

Daniel: "We need a distraction."
      Carter: "Grenades?"
      O'Neill: "Think bigger."
      Carter: "Claymores?"
      O'Neill: "Much bigger."
      O'Neill looks up at the mothership in the dry-dock...

I can kind of see why you didn't like it... but you'll never convince me of that!
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

The whole Bra'tac/Teal'c stuff bores me. I'm not really interested in the Jaffa and Chulak.

I liked the Daniel/Teal'c bonding. The meditation scenes were nice. Love all the candles. Is this the first of Daniel's "ascension flashbacks/memories"? Don't spoil me, I haven't seen anymore of season 7 yet.

"Not peppy enough?" LOL! That was my favorite quote.

Anytime they want to show Daniel working out more is fine with me.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun
          Daniel getting to use his brains and his bravery to save the day, not just deciphering old Goa'uld tablets or pulling out his gun and shooting everything.
          One of my favorite scenes at the beginning of the episodes. Hopes he can do it in the furture to help them.
          Daniel: "We need a distraction."
          Carter: "Grenades?"
          O'Neill: "Think bigger."
          Carter: "Claymores?"
          O'Neill: "Much bigger."
          O'Neill looks up at the mothership in the dry-dock...
          The best scene of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop

The best scene of the show.
            Dontcha just love it when you can almost see the wheels turning?

Comment

This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode. DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement.

Also, it was great to see Teal'c dealing with his symbiote-free situation, and Daniel struggling with his decision to give up the ascended way of life to take an active participation again.

Very well done... one of my favs.

Comment

I thought this was a really good episode. Teal'c's conflict was especially well portrayed and I always enjoy the episodes that have Rya'c and Bra'tac in them. Well done.

Comment

This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode up there with the best. Peter DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement which none of the fans like!
                  Also, it was great to see Teal'c dealing with his symbiote-free situation, and Daniel struggling with his decision to give up the ascended way of life to take an active participation again.

Very well done.........one of my favs. more of the same please!

Comment

I liked the episode. But I think before the end, Teal'c and Bra'tak should have taken new symbiotes. They could have zatted 2 Jaffa and then removed their symbiotes. It just seems like Teal'c wanted to have the symbiote again, it was too much a part of him.

Comment

yeh but then teal'c would have died in series 8 and those episodes with ishtar's jaffa wouldnt have been the same

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                        This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode up there with the best. Peter DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement which none of the fans like!

Yes, PDL writes some pretty decent episodes.

Comment

This was one of my favorite episodes and they show daniel as an ancient.

Comment

I thought it started off a little weak but then it made sense to me that Bra'tac had to remind Teal'c that strength comes from the spirit and not the body. Kind of reminded me of The Karate Kid a little.
                            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                            Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
                              This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode. DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement.

Very well done... one of my favs.
                              Originally posted by S.G.C

LOL... your post seems eerily familiar Do I have a clone running around out there?

Comment

when i first watched this episode i thought it was a bit meh, but i watched it again just now with the entire series arc and team relationship in my mind and i love the episode now

this is a brilliant team episode. I felt that in season 5 and 6, the show started becoming less about a team, Orpheus really really brought back that feeling of nostalgia for me. it reminded me of what i loved about S1-3 in that theres this team of people banding together physically out in the field, but also mentally and emotionally

I think that later on in S8 and 9 the writers kinda feel a team episode is just about good teamwork out in the field. not true. good teamwork is what Orpheus was about because it had those emotional team moments as well like near the beginning with tealc losing his confidence, the team reassuring him, the very end scene with daniel and tealc

this episode had good action yeah, but it was the emotional exchanges that made this such a great episode for me because it brings back memories of them being a real cohesive team unit on and off the battlefield
                                - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Working...
                                X