No announcement yet.

Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the jaffa were running up the hill what were they going to do? I mean how did they think they could prevent the ship from falling?
    sigpic

Comment

One of the finest episodes of Season 7. Christopher Judge was at his best as portraying conflict of Teal'c. Nice emotional moments between him and Daniel. Fight was good also. Nice to see we "weak humans" save Jaffa this time instead.

Comment

Can anybody answer my question!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
          When the jaffa were running up the hill what were they going to do? I mean how did they think they could prevent the ship from falling?
          Someone on the shoot shouted "There's cake everybody."!!!

Seriously, I guess it's because the Jaffa blindly followed their God and would try anything to stop its destruction if they could, however hopeless. We all know what happens to the poor Jaffa that fail, no excuses in the eyes of the Goa'uld! So nothing to lose by showing they tried to do something, even if it was running to certain death.

Read ages ago in a TV Zone magazine Stargate SG-1 special that this episode was filmed in an old quarry called Jackson's Pit here in Maple Ridge? Was it chosen for the name? I just thought that it was a strangely appropriate choice, lol

Comment

ok in this epside was Oniell using a "G3[SG1]" sniping those jaffa ic ant get images or even find him a pic of it was wondeirng if it is one cuase if it is,..pretty cool

Stargate [SG1]...G3[SG1] get it ? lol
            DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

A stargate address consists of 7 symbols (within our Galaxy) of which the first six symbols act as co-ordinates, creating three intersecting lines, the destination. The Stargate uses the seventh symbol as the point of origin allowing one to plot a straight line course to the destination. As the incoming wormhole is being established, you can clearly see the seventh chevron being locked and the vortex is generated. In this episodes the seventh chevron is the symbol of earth, which is in my opinion is not possible since they are dailing earth. Unless i completely misunderstand the coordinates system.

Comment

i really liked this episode, first time i saw SG-1 with some sniping action!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSG8 View Post
                  i really liked this episode, first time i saw SG-1 with some sniping action!
                  this episode definitely showed O'Neill's skill & judgment.

Comment

Yeh!! O'Neill is the coolest!

sigpic
                    Sign by me

Comment

Ytimyona writes: “1) Did you come up with the name “Orpheus” for the episode you wrote? If not, where did it come from?
                      ) Did anyone ever thank you for contributing so very much to DVD sales? (We only buy them for the commentaries, yanno, and yours are some of the best!)
                      ) What is the best practical joke you’ve played in all your years on the show?
                      ) When I IMDB’d your mane, I accidentally misspelled it “Delouise” and to my surprise a character popped up instead of an actor/director/producer! Did you name this character or was he just named in your honor?”

PDL: 1) I used the title ‘Orpheus’ from Greek mythology because I felt my episode paralleled his descent into the underworld to retrieve his wife, as when Teal’c went into the death camp to retrieve his son and Bratac.
                      ) I am so pleased you like the commentaries. I guess, in a way, you just ‘thanked’ me.
                      ) I could tell you that I put plastic wrap on one of the cast members dressing room toilets, so that the pee ran off and into his pants… but I could not confirm or deny that.
                      ) Ray Galletti played the ‘Navigator’ in the episode Memento. I had him put my name on his uniform, so his character name on IMDB went from “Navigator” to “Navigator Major Peter DeLouise”. I don’t know why it has an ‘o’ in it, and no one called him by that name in the episode. Maybe it looks better on Ray’s resume.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Not my favourite episode but it had some nice fighting and action scenes.

It was a good team episode.

Rating : 7 / 10

Comment

This was another good episode, with a nice action sequence near the end. The Jaffa commander with the blond hair was a nasty piece of work, he sure got what was coming to him. Now he can go back to his other job as the current Mayor of London

Comment

Yeah i liked this episode a lot. Great scenes with Daniel and Teal'c. Nice to see how reaction from Daniel on no longer being ascended, and some consequences. I felt his visions scenes were very nicely done as well.
                            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
                              Not my favourite episode but it had some nice fighting and action scenes.

It was a good team episode.

Rating : 7 / 10
                              This pretty much covers my thoughts about this episode as well.

Comment

Just got to it in the rewatch. Much better than I remembered. 9/10, truly. The Daniel/Teal'c scene at the end was... wow.
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X