No announcement yet.

Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this ep was good, I also liked the blonde Jaffa, and they explained what happened in the earlier episodes.
    Teal'c regained his strenght

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      A great episode but don't you think they should have raised since a question a lot sooner. Teal'c doubting his worth because tretonin makes him physically weaker then when he had a symbiote is a great story and was executed beautifully in this episode but I don't know. It kind of feels like this story should have happened sooner.
      Perhaps they didn't have it happening sooner as it took time for his body to weaken up..?

Comment

Thats not the point. How long it takes weaken in this episode isn't the point. Teal'c feeling weak should have been done sooner of waiting half a year on a drug
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Thats not the point. How long it takes weaken in this episode isn't the point. Teal'c feeling weak should have been done sooner of waiting half a year on a drug
          Teal'c is physically fine. It just takes him longer to recover from a major wound than with Junior, and that shook him mentally. Actually, previous to right now, I felt it was a cheat to not mention this earlier. (It would've been nice to have a subtle earlier reference, like with a later important planet in season 8. ) But now I think that absent a major wound, Teal'c would've been able to hide any mental feelings of weakness from SG-1 and Fraiser.

I really like that this addresses some elements from Daniel's ascension early on. I would've preferred it to be episode 3 rather than 4, so we don't have an episode that's like Daniel never left, and minimizes the time Bra'tac and Rya'c are in a labor camp -- but that's a minor quibble.

Comment

But Teal'c would still have felt the exhaustation even if it wasn't wounded. Given how Tealc's strength is important to him he should have said something earlier
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Is he actually weaker on Tretonin than with Junior? I was under the impression it was just major damage. I did find a line that supports something you said though. Daniel says, "Teal'c, something's bothering you. Something's been bothering you since before this injury. We're pretty sure we know what it is." It would've been nice to have seen this beforehand, which is what you're talking about.

Stargate is sometimes good with giving us something small that pays off big later, but they did shoehorn it in here. I think they didn't get the idea until season 7, and with Daniel coming back, episode 4 was the earliest they could do it.

Comment

Yes is weaker without the symbiote in the physical sense. But as that episode tries to show. Strength is not just the physical aspect
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Great episode, loved the fight scene at the end. Reminded me of the Teen Titans episode where Cyborg had to train to fight Atlas after feeling weak because of his robotic body.
                  Originally posted by Descended
                  That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

The One Where Teal'c Loses His Mojo

Another good insight into jaffa life and Teal'c aknowledging the things he has lost since losing Junior.

And more of Daniel trying to remember that which he forgot, or Oma took from him.

So Bra'tac and Rya'c found themselves in a bit of a bind, and need rescueing. SG1's the best way to go, they know how to impress the enemy and give a good show freeing some jaffa at the same time. Let's blow something up!

"Time for plan B."
                    "We have a plan B?"

Carter, you know you should always have a plan B ready, and when that fails too... there are 24 letters left in the alphabet to use. That's 24 plans not tried.

Also as a sidenote: it's a damn miracle Teal'c's quarters haven't caught fire yet with all the candles he's always using for his meditation sessions.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Also as a sidenote: it's a damn miracle Teal'c's quarters haven't caught fire yet with all the candles he's always using for his meditation sessions.
                      Miracle

Comment

I can understand why it hasn't caught fire; it's harder to understand why the candles haven't triggered the fire suppression system.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          I can understand why it hasn't caught fire; it's harder to understand why the candles haven't triggered the fire suppression system.
                          Maybe it did, every single time, and they just removed it.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I wonder if he has had the sprinkler systems disabled?

Comment

Do you really think they'd allow that in an underground facility, which would be difficult to evacuate during a fire (visibility and ventilation)? Especially an underground Military facility? Personally, I doubt it.

I'll just go with smokeless candles.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Plus we never saw any real ventilation in his room so where did all his smoke go?

Comment

Working...
                                X