Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
    What makes you think the agent did this?
    Because it would mean better recognition. I would compare it to having a special seat in the cinema (if such a thing existed).

Everything about an actor's contract is negotiated by their agent so...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Because it would mean better recognition. I would compare it to having a special seat in the cinema (if such a thing existed).
      Such a thing does exist but beyond making the name stand a bit more on screen, it doesn't actually mean anything.

Like in those auctions, such a thing means nothing. To a casting director, what would matter is that the SG-1 producers wanted Hewlitt back a second time so obviously they liked working with him.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Everything about an actor's contract is negotiated by their agent so.
      True, but what makes you think it wasn't just the policy of the show on certain occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
        True, but what makes you think it wasn't just the policy of the show on certain occasions.
        Because it's usually accompanied with a higher paycheck.

Comment

Having seen this episode for the first time, and with a seventeen year stretch, I enjoyed it very much. I liked the plot of Te'lc's angst over his new physical limitations with Daniel's concerns about being a mortal again.
          It was really Daniel's episode, but Tel'c was a good mirror.
          The theme was about taking action despite doubts, and not standing aside.
          Also, I think everyone had a good part. Bra'ac, Rayek, Carter, etc. Really solid writing. Even the blonde Jaf'fa had a power...evil, perhaps, but he has to make sure goals are met. The false eye was especially effective.
          O'Neill taking the sniper rifle and waiting for the right moment was dramatic, and caught the frustration of attack and striking at the right moment. Again, reinforced the episode's dramatic concept of using your MIND. Daniel felt when he was not human, he used his mind too much. He has to be in the world, and make a difference, to be the existential hero and act. Daniel is readjusting to being human. I think he's seeing the initial wisdom he had earlier (in Abyss), is getting a reality check. He can't be an indifferent observer. He's getting back to his old self.
          The special effects on the ship blowing up were good, but the effects and action didn't overwhelm the drama and script.
          what a great example Bra'tek is. He really inspires. I like him much better then any of the 'higher vision' types in the Abyss.
          Also, using mortars was very effective. As Col. Anthony Herbert said, one of America's most decorated combat soldiers, it's an infantryman's dream weapon. Silent, kills, and is portable.
          Nice to see the Jaf'fa rise up and escape. They've had a bad time the last few episodes.

Comment

Okay, Teal'c can be quite the drama-queen.

"Oh noes, I have lost all my superstrength. I'm useless now."

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this episode. It feels like they were writing one story. Came up short and added an extra chapter as an afterthought. So either Teal'c's injury and loss of his mojo was the story, and Rya'c and Bra'tac's predicament the afterthought or vice versa. Daniel remembering the link between the two.

In that regard, I'm inclined to say it was a rushed job and they could have done so much more with this.

However, the redeeming qualities of this episode, for me at least, are the funny moments between Jack and Daniel when they have their "peppy" talk with Teal'c. Or Daniel translating the Goa'uld's dress down of the guards. Or Sam tearing holes in M. Night Shyamalan's film (which clearly amuses Daniel -- he's right though, why watch when you're just gonna pull them apart later -- then again, I do that with films dealing with historic events ).

The bonding between Rya'c and Bra'tac. The effects of the Tretonin, and did anyone ever inform Teal'c about the firehazard his gazillion candles pose?

While, I'm not sure about the story, I will give it an excellent because I really enjoyed the episode as a whole. It's those little moments, I guess, that made it worthwhile.

How would you rate SG-1's "Orpheus?"

Excellent
            Good
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible

Comment

I've probably said this before, but I like this episode because we see a return to competent Jack. When he gets snippy with Daniel about waiting to rescue Teal'c, it's a reminder that hey, he knows what he's doing in these situations.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This one might have been too long for most of you to do the quiz-bit, but well... life is unpredictable and mine certainly has been rattled something fierce this 2019.

Anywho... here it is...

3-episode quiz: Fragile Balance, Orpheus & Revisions

Jigsaw puzzle: Orpheus

Comment

8 minutes 52 seconds.

Yep definitely rusty
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

We'll get you back in shape in no time...

Comment

Unless we take a long break again
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

12.56. I think FH knows her place is here now Jel.
                        We won't let her slack off again
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Unless we take a long break again
                          The only scheduled breaks, I foresee at the moment, are at the end of June when I'll be away for the weekend to London (going to see Wicked), and end of July/start of August as I'll be on holiday (probably Scotland, in the middle of no and where but close to Loch Ness).

Comment

And another minute down from the previous jigsaw: 9:57.

Comment

Episodes with Rya'c don't interest me so much but I like Bra'tac. They make with Teal'c such a perfect duo.
                              I have a few things that I didn't like so much- Teal'c and his drama, somehow he never seemed to be too sensitive.
                              Another thing was how easy went Daniel with Sam to the base in the sky. Just schwoop transportation rings... they were as lucky as usual that they didn't hit jaffas, who were passing by them a moment later..schwoop bomb exploded and they left. Then later when bad jaffas were fighting with good jaffas- Bra'tac and Rya'c have time to watch Teal'c how he is killing blond jaffa and it seems that bad jaffas around where waiting too, until that act is done and then they continued with fighting.
                              But what I liked was the ending. Talk between Daniel and Teal'c was nice and intimate.

Comment

Given jaffa society, the battle between Teal'c and his foe may well have been considered between the two, and no one else would interfere.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X