Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Given jaffa society, the battle between Teal'c and his foe may well have been considered between the two, and no one else would interfere.

Seaboe
    I understand,but it is a bit weird that Bra'tac and Rya'c weren't attacked while they were watching Teal'c fighting. But never mind, it was just a small think that bothered me

Comment

I do not like this episode very much. I agree that Teal'c is a little much whining for my taste in this episode. But I am glad that such important event like losing Junior was explored in this episode. But the execution is not so great.

Similarly, I like the thought of exploring the memories of Ascended Life of Daniel. But more the thought than the execution. I do not want to offend the fans of Michael Shans, but the most of the story seems to be (to me) like the promo to his return. "I thought that leaving resolves everything. But now I realize that my life here is too much important." (Those are not the exact lines, but they are similar.) Only missing was something like " I never leave again."

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post

Similarly, I like the thought of exploring the memories of Ascended Life of Daniel. But more the thought than the execution. I do not want to offend the fans of Michael Shans, but the most of the story seems to be (to me) like the promo to his return. "I thought that leaving resolves everything. But now I realize that my life here is too much important." (Those are not the exact lines, but they are similar.) Only missing was something like " I never leave again."
        Somehow I don´t really understand why had Daniel amnesia. Yes, it was pretty interesting at the beginning. He didn´t realize that he belongs to SG1 and so, but after few episodes he remembers everything (or almost everything). I could understand when it would take longer until he remembers and when it would have bigger impact on show.

Comment

If I remember it correctly, Teal'c speculated what were the motives of Oma to erase Daniel's memories in Fallen. But it was never showed if he had the truth. Threads explained why Oma stopped Daniel in his attack on Anubis, but not why she removed his memories.

Yes, there was not big focus on return of his memory, it went quite easily and did not have it a bigger impact. It would be sufficient if he forget only memories of his life as an ascended being.

Comment

Yes, there was not big focus on return of his memory, it went quite easily and did not have it a bigger impact. It would be sufficient if he forget only memories of his life as an ascended being.
            Yes exactly. I think I understand why Oma did it but whole amnesia thing was not so neccesary for me.

Comment

How did you understand this, if I can ask? I was never sure what exactly was the reason of erasing his former life's memories. I would understand all memories as an ascended one, but why the former?

Comment

How did you understand this, if I can ask? I was never sure what exactly was the reason of erasing his former life's memories. I would understand all memories as an ascended one, but why the former?
                To be honest, it was enough (for me), what was assumed (just theory) and I am not thinking about it anymore so much.
                Who knows,maybe even guys who made the story don't have full explanation in their heads As I said before, whole amnesia thing doesn't have enormous impact and that's why I am not thinking about it too much

Comment

This was an excellent episode.

I actually really liked Teal’c going through his whiny stage because it seems more true to life for me. Dealing with physical limitations after you have not had any issues before is difficult, you must go through the stages of grief sometimes to accept that these limitations are now part of your new reality. Same goes for Daniel, but his story wasn’t as impactful for me as Teal’c’s in this episode.

12:45 on the puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                  X