Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Orpheus (704)

Default Re: Orpheus (704)

12.56. I think FH knows her place is here now Jel.
    We won't let her slack off again

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Unless we take a long break again
    The only scheduled breaks, I foresee at the moment, are at the end of June when I'll be away for the weekend to London (going to see Wicked), and end of July/start of August as I'll be on holiday (probably Scotland, in the middle of no and where but close to Loch Ness).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

And another minute down from the previous jigsaw: 9:57.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Chief Master Sergeant

Episodes with Rya'c don't interest me so much but I like Bra'tac. They make with Teal'c such a perfect duo.
    I have a few things that I didn't like so much- Teal'c and his drama, somehow he never seemed to be too sensitive.
    Another thing was how easy went Daniel with Sam to the base in the sky. Just schwoop transportation rings... they were as lucky as usual that they didn't hit jaffas, who were passing by them a moment later..schwoop bomb exploded and they left. Then later when bad jaffas were fighting with good jaffas- Bra'tac and Rya'c have time to watch Teal'c how he is killing blond jaffa and it seems that bad jaffas around where waiting too, until that act is done and then they continued with fighting.
    But what I liked was the ending. Talk between Daniel and Teal'c was nice and intimate.

Major

Given jaffa society, the battle between Teal'c and his foe may well have been considered between the two, and no one else would interfere.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Given jaffa society, the battle between Teal'c and his foe may well have been considered between the two, and no one else would interfere.

Seaboe
    I understand,but it is a bit weird that Bra'tac and Rya'c weren't attacked while they were watching Teal'c fighting. But never mind, it was just a small think that bothered me

Staff Sergeant

I do not like this episode very much. I agree that Teal'c is a little much whining for my taste in this episode. But I am glad that such important event like losing Junior was explored in this episode. But the execution is not so great.

Similarly, I like the thought of exploring the memories of Ascended Life of Daniel. But more the thought than the execution. I do not want to offend the fans of Michael Shans, but the most of the story seems to be (to me) like the promo to his return. "I thought that leaving resolves everything. But now I realize that my life here is too much important." (Those are not the exact lines, but they are similar.) Only missing was something like " I never leave again."

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post

Similarly, I like the thought of exploring the memories of Ascended Life of Daniel. But more the thought than the execution. I do not want to offend the fans of Michael Shans, but the most of the story seems to be (to me) like the promo to his return. "I thought that leaving resolves everything. But now I realize that my life here is too much important." (Those are not the exact lines, but they are similar.) Only missing was something like " I never leave again."
    Somehow I don´t really understand why had Daniel amnesia. Yes, it was pretty interesting at the beginning. He didn´t realize that he belongs to SG1 and so, but after few episodes he remembers everything (or almost everything). I could understand when it would take longer until he remembers and when it would have bigger impact on show.

Staff Sergeant

If I remember it correctly, Teal'c speculated what were the motives of Oma to erase Daniel's memories in Fallen. But it was never showed if he had the truth. Threads explained why Oma stopped Daniel in his attack on Anubis, but not why she removed his memories.

Yes, there was not big focus on return of his memory, it went quite easily and did not have it a bigger impact. It would be sufficient if he forget only memories of his life as an ascended being.

Chief Master Sergeant

Yes, there was not big focus on return of his memory, it went quite easily and did not have it a bigger impact. It would be sufficient if he forget only memories of his life as an ascended being.
    Yes exactly. I think I understand why Oma did it but whole amnesia thing was not so neccesary for me.

Staff Sergeant

How did you understand this, if I can ask? I was never sure what exactly was the reason of erasing his former life's memories. I would understand all memories as an ascended one, but why the former?

Chief Master Sergeant

How did you understand this, if I can ask? I was never sure what exactly was the reason of erasing his former life's memories. I would understand all memories as an ascended one, but why the former?
    To be honest, it was enough (for me), what was assumed (just theory) and I am not thinking about it anymore so much.
    Who knows,maybe even guys who made the story don't have full explanation in their heads As I said before, whole amnesia thing doesn't have enormous impact and that's why I am not thinking about it too much

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456