Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orpheus (704)

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Orpheus (704)

This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode. DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement.

Also, it was great to see Teal'c dealing with his symbiote-free situation, and Daniel struggling with his decision to give up the ascended way of life to take an active participation again.

Very well done... one of my favs.

I thought this was a really good episode. Teal'c's conflict was especially well portrayed and I always enjoy the episodes that have Rya'c and Bra'tac in them. Well done.

This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode up there with the best. Peter DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement which none of the fans like!
    Also, it was great to see Teal'c dealing with his symbiote-free situation, and Daniel struggling with his decision to give up the ascended way of life to take an active participation again.

Very well done.........one of my favs. more of the same please!

I liked the episode. But I think before the end, Teal'c and Bra'tak should have taken new symbiotes. They could have zatted 2 Jaffa and then removed their symbiotes. It just seems like Teal'c wanted to have the symbiote again, it was too much a part of him.

First Lieutenant

yeh but then teal'c would have died in series 8 and those episodes with ishtar's jaffa wouldnt have been the same

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode up there with the best. Peter DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement which none of the fans like!

Yes, PDL writes some pretty decent episodes.

This was one of my favorite episodes and they show daniel as an ancient.

Ohio, USA,Earth. I only work in outer space.

I thought it started off a little weak but then it made sense to me that Bra'tac had to remind Teal'c that strength comes from the spirit and not the body. Kind of reminded me of The Karate Kid a little.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lcdrskrit1.gif
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/skritsys.jpg
    Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    This was among the best of Season Seven... and ranks up there as a classic SG-1 episode. DeLuise did a great job of involving all of the characters in the story, and writing around O'Neill's limited involvement.

Very well done... one of my favs.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C

LOL... your post seems eerily familiar Do I have a clone running around out there?

when i first watched this episode i thought it was a bit meh, but i watched it again just now with the entire series arc and team relationship in my mind and i love the episode now

this is a brilliant team episode. I felt that in season 5 and 6, the show started becoming less about a team, Orpheus really really brought back that feeling of nostalgia for me. it reminded me of what i loved about S1-3 in that theres this team of people banding together physically out in the field, but also mentally and emotionally

I think that later on in S8 and 9 the writers kinda feel a team episode is just about good teamwork out in the field. not true. good teamwork is what Orpheus was about because it had those emotional team moments as well like near the beginning with tealc losing his confidence, the team reassuring him, the very end scene with daniel and tealc

this episode had good action yeah, but it was the emotional exchanges that made this such a great episode for me because it brings back memories of them being a real cohesive team unit on and off the battlefield

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Orpheus (704)

When the jaffa were running up the hill what were they going to do? I mean how did they think they could prevent the ship from falling?

One of the finest episodes of Season 7. Christopher Judge was at his best as portraying conflict of Teal'c. Nice emotional moments between him and Daniel. Fight was good also. Nice to see we "weak humans" save Jaffa this time instead.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Orpheus (704)

Can anybody answer my question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake View Post
    When the jaffa were running up the hill what were they going to do? I mean how did they think they could prevent the ship from falling?
    Someone on the shoot shouted "There's cake everybody."!!!

Seriously, I guess it's because the Jaffa blindly followed their God and would try anything to stop its destruction if they could, however hopeless. We all know what happens to the poor Jaffa that fail, no excuses in the eyes of the Goa'uld! So nothing to lose by showing they tried to do something, even if it was running to certain death.

Read ages ago in a TV Zone magazine Stargate SG-1 special that this episode was filmed in an old quarry called Jackson's Pit here in Maple Ridge? Was it chosen for the name? I just thought that it was a strangely appropriate choice, lol

Second Lieutenant

ok in this epside was Oniell using a "G3[SG1]" sniping those jaffa ic ant get images or even find him a pic of it was wondeirng if it is one cuase if it is,..pretty cool

Stargate [SG1]...G3[SG1] get it ? lol
    DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

A stargate address consists of 7 symbols (within our Galaxy) of which the first six symbols act as co-ordinates, creating three intersecting lines, the destination. The Stargate uses the seventh symbol as the point of origin allowing one to plot a straight line course to the destination. As the incoming wormhole is being established, you can clearly see the seventh chevron being locked and the vortex is generated. In this episodes the seventh chevron is the symbol of earth, which is in my opinion is not possible since they are dailing earth. Unless i completely misunderstand the coordinates system.

i really liked this episode, first time i saw SG-1 with some sniping action!

Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG8 View Post
    i really liked this episode, first time i saw SG-1 with some sniping action!
    this episode definitely showed O'Neill's skill & judgment.

Yeh!! O'Neill is the coolest!

Ytimyona writes: “1) Did you come up with the name “Orpheus” for the episode you wrote? If not, where did it come from?
    ) Did anyone ever thank you for contributing so very much to DVD sales? (We only buy them for the commentaries, yanno, and yours are some of the best!)
    ) What is the best practical joke you’ve played in all your years on the show?
    ) When I IMDB’d your mane, I accidentally misspelled it “Delouise” and to my surprise a character popped up instead of an actor/director/producer! Did you name this character or was he just named in your honor?”

PDL: 1) I used the title ‘Orpheus’ from Greek mythology because I felt my episode paralleled his descent into the underworld to retrieve his wife, as when Teal’c went into the death camp to retrieve his son and Bratac.
    ) I am so pleased you like the commentaries. I guess, in a way, you just ‘thanked’ me.
    ) I could tell you that I put plastic wrap on one of the cast members dressing room toilets, so that the pee ran off and into his pants… but I could not confirm or deny that.
    ) Ray Galletti played the ‘Navigator’ in the episode Memento. I had him put my name on his uniform, so his character name on IMDB went from “Navigator” to “Navigator Major Peter DeLouise”. I don’t know why it has an ‘o’ in it, and no one called him by that name in the episode. Maybe it looks better on Ray’s resume.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast