This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thats so very simplistic of you

I have to agree compeltely. It basicly comes down to this though, suppose the Atlantis team did complete understand everything in the database...and I mean everything...they still couldn't use that knowledge.

You have to at least assume that the Ancients had at one time an entire civilization with factories and sophisticated self mining mines...no Jaffa or human slaves . All we have is the city, the one time they did find a factory, McKay went a blew it up. I'd like to see the best engineer in the world build a car in your backyard, only with the materials found in your backyard. I can tell you right now, it ain't gonna happen.

It comes down to the fact that we may have the means...let TPTB figure all that out...but we don't have the way. Which is why in my previous post I assume intelligent computer systems that do all the work for us in the toughest situations...yes...now if only I had one of those.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

On a slight related matter, is it just me or is Ancient technology relativly easy to work with, even for a less advanced race?

I mean, to open up a closed door in Atlantis, you only need to move some crystals in the control panel, and even a idiot would by trial-and-error get the crystals in the right position.
      Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Comment

Well, we're slightly smater than average idiots.

Presumably, if you put the crystals in wrong order, you'll blow a fuse.. so to speak.

Comment

Ok do a search in the web (the web is smaller than the database), look up automobile with fuel and build one for us!!! Its not that simple, oh and use Navajo (almost lost Indian language) as the language to do the search and translate it. That should simplify what needs to be done!!

Auto's are easy to find on the web now look up a fusion reactor (for power) & Quark detector (like in England) thay are the Sensors and build it in a space ship!! oh don’t for get the life support for say 2000 people and food of a year.

best of luck!!

like they said in Atlantis ,they did not have the storage capabilities even with all the HD we had so figure 1000 laptops and 100 gig hard drives, so we say 100000 gigs and with compression 8%. ouch i have enough problems finding files on a 40 gig hard drive.
          Last edited by Lonewolf; 12 April 2006, 10:56 AM.
          LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
          "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Especially if the ancient database is an acctual database with compression of its own. Yea, that a lot of info to go through.

And, as far are just simply connecting crystals together...we can't be that nieve about it. Look at the Goa'uld mother ships, are fixing those just randomly pulling and replacing crystals, probably not, but it sure seems like it.

I take all of that with many grains of salt and with the mindset that it may be the same argument as "every alien speaks english". If every episode explained the most minute details about every bit of science on a completely alien city-ship, there wouldn't be much of a show left for anythign else to happen for about 5-6 seasons, and thats with McKay's compression algorithm.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Working...
            X