Was/Is Janeway Xenophobic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24
    Actually, her dad died while she was still in Starfleet Academy. As for her role as captain, I don't think she was the best captain, but you all have judgments about a character we knew almost nothing about before hand. And although she certainly wasn't perfect, she wasn't a Ransom either. Besides, the only one better to lead the ship was a security officer by the name of Tuvok, and no one would watch a vulcan captain and a crew.
    Okay...can't argue with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      Riker also forced a Bajoran Officer, Ro Laren to remover her earring as well.
      Didn't know that.

Comment

I can't see Janeway as being Zenophobic, but I agree she wasn't that great of a captain. She made so many bizarre command descisions (and that might be understating it ).....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          I can't see Janeway as being Zenophobic, but I agree she wasn't that great of a captain. She made so many bizarre command descisions (and that might be understating it ).....
          "Let's make an Alliance with the Borg",
          "Let's go through this space, despite the fact that we aren't supposed to", "Let's try to form an Alliance between some race and the Kazon",
          "Let's use biological warfare to help wipe out a race we haven't met before but the Borg tell us are bad",
          "Let's take this drone and restore her to humanity instead of chucking it out the airlock",
          "I'm going to kill Ransom because he's violating the Prime Directive and doing what I should have been doing"
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

"Let's go through this space, despite the fact that we aren't supposed to", "Let's try to form an Alliance between some race and the Kazon",
            "Let's use biological warfare to help wipe out a race we haven't met before but the Borg tell us are bad",
            "Let's take this drone and restore her to humanity instead of chucking it out the airlock",
            "I'm going to kill Ransom because he's violating the Prime Directive and doing what I should have been doing"
            yeah very true
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Well hold on a sec, not all these are that farfetched.

They really had no choice at the time since Species 8472 SPOKE DIRECTLY TO KES that they were going to purge our galaxy. Admittedly, they probably wanted to do that because the Borg provoked them, but still, they were gonna do bad bad things.

"Let's try to form an Alliance between some race and the Kazon",
              When you're stuck and alone, you really do need friends.

Until, of course, you find out that those "friends" are actualy bad bad people, but then it's too late. Still, you won't know until you try.

See first reply.

Comment

Working...
              X