Terry Brooks: Shannara Books & TV news/discussion/trailers SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Brooks: Shannara Books & TV news/discussion/trailers SPOILERS

O.K. another non TV Fantasy/Sci-Fi but atleast he is a Science Fantasy (sub genre of Sci-fi) author. He is, personally, tied for favorite author in my mind. Well go ahead and discuss Armmegedon's Children (coming out in late august/early sept.) Which id if you people don't know merging Word/void with Shannara. Also talk about all of his other books. (Shannara, Word/Void, Landover)

I'm just going to say first of all that Landover isn't my favorite series.
    I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

i don't know that i've read anything outside the Shanara world.

i loved the original trilogy...Sword/Elf Stones/Wishsong...thought they were great. Wishsong was my fave. Garrett Jax ruled!

after that though, the 2nd set of Shanara books just seemed repetative. I mean, it's almost like he did a mass search/replace of the names of characters/cities/objects from the first 3 and turned them into something else. Except Alanon. (I always thought that was an amusing name).

don't get me started on the 'prequel' or 'pre-history' books.

What are the Void and Landover books?
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Its based in apr. 1990-2000 America and it depicts the story of John Ross, who is a knight of the Word and Nest, a girl who has extrodinary magic powers.

Running with the Demon- happens over 5 days (July 1-5) and a demon comes to Hopewell, Illinois (nest's home town) and John Ross also comes hunting him. Nest and her friend that don't know about her magic (only her grandmother knows as she has it too) must prevent a tree that contains a powerful demon from being released.

Knight of the Word- John Ross gives up being Knight of the Word and the creatures of the Void start to hunt him to turn him over to thier side. he must get Nest's help.

Angel Fire East- John Ross finds out that the Gypsy Morph (a creature made up of spare magic and is very powerful) it to be born soon and he gets it and takes it to Hopewell and Nest to help keep it safe. A very powerful demon is sent against them to prevent the Gypsy morph from taking thier side and maybe converting it to the Void's Wims (Gypsy morphs are neither good nor evil but can be used)

Comment

In addition to the Shanarra books, I've read Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold & its sequel, The Black Unicorn. Hmm...nothing else comes to mind, but I'm sur I've read others somewhere along the line.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The complete book list can be found here.

Comment

cant say ive read any of his other books apart from the shannara series just finished reading the voyage of the jerle shannara trilogy that was the best and am saving up for the next books

Comment

http://screenrant.com/shannara-chron...mtv-comic-con/

The First Season is a 10 Episode Adaption of The Elfstones of Shannara

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr3z_sTSNU

Comment

MTV? ....I weep for the franchise

Comment

I'll most likely give this show a try. I think it sounds/looks interesting and Manu Bennett is in it, so yeah, I'll watch (at least for a bit) lol. I've never read the books that the series is based on, though I do own several of them (I just never got around to reading any of them).
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm excited to see this.

Just a few days away!

Comment

I watched the first 3 episodes (or 4 episodes if you count Chosen as 2 eps). I liked them well enough. The first episode was pretty good, but parts of it (mostly towards the beginning) seemed too much like a generic teen series and some of the acting from the younger cast members was pretty bad (the dialogue didn't help either at times). I thought the second episode was better than the first, even the acting seemed better. The third episode was probably the best out of the three.
                        sigpic

Comment

Deathstroke, The Druid......... Champion of Capua

I enjoyed the 1st episode, aside from the at times cringe worthy dialogue...... (looking at you amberlene), kind of reminds of Legend of the seeker in certain aspects, this show will be good because of Manu Bennett
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I enjoyed season 1! As others have said...the first few episodes were rough, but the show gained it's footing as the season progressed. I'm glad that there will be a sesaon 2!
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't watch the show but I saw this so I thought I would let those who watch the show know:

‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Moves From MTV to Spike for Season 2

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                              X